Players Owed £12m & Possible Points Deduction

On 19/06/2021 at 09:30, Southie_Owl said:

Just to update everyone who posted kind  comments in this thread,  I’m happy to say that there’s a new owl in the world as our son Jack (Jackie) arrived on Wednesday, so that was quite fitting. Let’s hope we will still have a great club for him to support when he is older!

Great news... sad you can't enrol them in the Young Owls anymore or my great granddaughter Saffie would be a young owl now as she nears her first birthday

• Thanks 1

Palmer and Paterson for example. Relegated and dropped from the Scotland squad. Unlikely to be recalled due to the clubs league status which was a result of a points deduction out their hands. 

Plus all the players not being paid on time. They must really resent their boss don’t you think? 

Guest Therealrealist

I dont care how peed of our players are tbh..i bet dc is more peed of with the players..and im more peed off with the players and dc..strange thread 😳

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Palmer and Paterson for example. Relegated and dropped from the Scotland squad. Unlikely to be recalled due to the clubs league status which was a result of a points deduction out their hands. 

Plus all the players not being paid on time. They must really resent their boss don’t you think? 

Paterson should be annoyed with his agent, having him sign for a club that was already having issues with paying players. I think everyone at the club will annoyed with DC, as well as the other incompetent muppets he surrounds himself with. 

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Paterson should be annoyed with his agent, having him sign for a club that was already having issues with paying players. I think everyone at the club will annoyed with DC, as well as the other incompetent muppets he surrounds himself with. 

We wer obviously the best offer he got..not surprising tbh

I don't personally think Paterson was dropped because of our form, I think something happened between him and Steve Clarke.

Might be me misreading certain things but I'm not sure I buy the whole "Wednesday being relegated made him drop either of them" line.

As for the rest of the players they're probably quite p*ssed off about not being paid consistently over the last 18 months. Like 99% of people.

• Like 1

Guest Grandad

If my employer missed my months pay I'd be well within my rights to moan at him.

If he missed it for 2 months I'd withdraw all labour and be looking to take my efforts elsewhere

22 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Ok so let's say the above post is true

How and why would 5 players tell anyone they were going to do that?

lol

Sorry if I say I don't believe you but I don't believe you

Perhaps they think - rightly or wrongly - that more adverse publicity might increase the likelihood of Chumpsiri finally coughing up the amounts due to prevent them leaving ?

• Like 2

It's blindingly obvious to everybody that the only reason we haven't paid the players, only reason we got a points deduction and only reason we got relegated is Chansiris ruinous and hopelessly incompetent running of the club.  It is only going to get worse if he carries on.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tyto Alba said:

It's blindingly obvious to everybody that the only reason we haven't paid the players, only reason we got a points deduction and only reason we got relegated is Chansiris ruinous and hopelessly incompetent running of the club.  It is only going to get worse if he carries on.

Exactly. 

I don't think there is any fix to this. 

Even if we pays up the money owed, then what? 

We will likely be in arrears again within a few months. 

What I find utterly maddening is we apparently have no intention to sell Windass and are haggling over some sort of nominal fee for Borner and yet we can't pay our player's wages?!?! Is Chansiri that thick or is he just desperate to salvage anything before it all goes to hell in a handbasket? 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

How broken and pee'd off do we think Chansiri is with the players?

As bad as we were last year, the players did enough to stay up. 

They did their bit, in spite of not getting paid properly and getting relegated regardless through no fault of their own. 

Chansiri is the one person to be peed off at, and is the last person he himself will actually blame.

• Like 3
  • Love 1