Players Owed £12m & Possible Points Deduction

1 hour ago, parajack said:

Had this discussion b4.....the only reference to PAYE staff in our accounts in to non playing staff,you have to extrapolate that some/all?most? are PAYE by the amount of NI being paid....which is annotated...look at the personal service contracts as an example some TV personalities have come unstuck with recently,....?  they exist in the football world mate in my opinion. or similar..SWFC dont know...i just ask the Q...

The accounts make no reference to PAYE and make no distinction between playing and non-playing staff.
The effective Employers NI rate of 12.3% is high which indicates that the majority of the payroll is for higher earners. So who do you think are the high earners at a football club? The turnstile men; the girl’s behind the bars on match days; the megastore assistant; or just possibly footballers? 

Edited by kobayashi

Just now, kobayashi said:

The accounts make no reference to PAYE and make no distinction between playing and non-playing staff.
The effective Employers NI rate of 12.3% is high which indicates that the majority of the payroll is for higher earners. So who do you think are the high earners a football club? The turnstile men; the girl’s behind the bars on match days; the megastore assistant; or just possibly footballers? 

16 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

The effective Employers NI rate of 12.3% is high which indicates that the majority of the payroll is for higher earners. So who do you think are the high earners a football club? The turnstile men; the girl’s behind the bars on match days; the megastore assistant; or just possibly footballers? 

I asked Q,not made statements of 'fact',,Accounts can be difficult to interpret at the best of times,

Absolutely no need whatsoever to reply as you have,its supposed to be a forum,not an 'ambush' site.

i have read the accounts as you have,and i am well aware that the(high) NI would indicate high earners & ergo:playing staff,so lose the superior tone & sarcasm...There is no category in the accounts listed as 'players wages/salarys'..nor any mention of manager or coach salarys,though the Chairman s remuneration is....all three of those could be high earners as well as said 'footballers'..(Chairman is listed as zero from memory)  

Nor as you rightly point out are there details of individual Player salary arrangements/payments

Accounts do list 'Employee's and list salary,pension,etc from that you can take a view on if that is likely PAYE or other,same way as when you look at NI (as you have) you can take a view its high because of PAYE...  

Now post away if you want,but start more of your insults and i will simply block you,its a forum,shouting away is just keyboard warrior stuff...and ime bored with it...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, parajack said:

Had this discussion b4.....the only reference to PAYE staff in our accounts in to non playing staff,you have to extrapolate that some/all?most? are PAYE by the amount of NI being paid....which is annotated...look at the personal service contracts as an example some TV personalities have come unstuck with recently,....?  they exist in the football world mate in my opinion. or similar..SWFC dont know...i just ask the Q...

Footballers are paid through PAYE for their playing services.  They are employees of the club and as such there is no other option.

5 minutes ago, parajack said:

I asked Q,not made statements of 'fact',,Accounts can be difficult to interpret at the best of times,

Absolutely no need whatsoever to reply as you have,its supposed to be a forum,not an 'ambush' site.

i have read the accounts as you have,and i am well aware that the(high) NI would indicate high earners & ergo:playing staff,so lose the superior tone & sarcasm...There is no category in the accounts listed as 'players wages/salarys'..nor any mention of manager or coach salarys,though the Chairman s remuneration is....all three of those could be high earners as well as said 'footballers'..(Chairman is listed as zero from memory)  

Nor as you rightly point out are there details of individual Player salary arrangements/payments

Accounts do list 'Employee's and list salary,pension,etc from that you can take a view on if that is likely PAYE or other,same way as when you look at NI (as you have) you can take a view its high because of PAYE...  

Now post away if you want,but start more of your insults and i will simply block you,its a forum,shouting away is just keyboard warrior stuff...and ime bored with it...

The c£4m social security cost in the accounts relates to Employer's NIC.

2 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Footballers are paid through PAYE for their playing services.  They are employees of the club and as such there is no other option.

I made the point re overall tax rates  paid  here is one example of paying 22% tax,rather than the 45%... quoted....trust e,there are many more.....figures saved are to say the least 'eye watering' I didnt say as an example SWFC players would be earning megabucks in image rights...https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-1711078/Footballers-pay-22-tax-thanks-to-loophole.html

1 minute ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

The c£4m social security cost in the accounts relates to Employer's NIC.

Agreed.....clearly large amount of NI....but the accounts dont overtly say staff are all PAYE you have to assume/extrapolate it   dont you?...

Q squad of 20,if 18 were on PAYE and 2 were paid differently,how would you be able to identify that from the published accounts?(if you know?)

7 minutes ago, parajack said:

I made the point re overall tax rates  paid  here is one example of paying 22% tax,rather than the 45%... quoted....trust e,there are many more.....figures saved are to say the least 'eye watering' I didnt say as an example SWFC players would be earning megabucks in image rights...https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-1711078/Footballers-pay-22-tax-thanks-to-loophole.html

Just done some more research,I was wrong FA it seems dictates salary's must be paid through PAYE  though it seems much discussion has gone on in the past,image rights etc etc remain seperate and not clased as salary,so an apology is due from me....

I will debate,but not at the point where i can see i am mistaken!!

• Love 1

Considering that we have struggled to pay players since 2019, but more recently, a re-occurring theme since Mid 2020, could it be argued that any points deduction applies to last season and not the upcoming season?  A bit like a running foul, where the initial foul takes place outside the box and a free kick awarded.  That's the analogy I'd like us to use at any hearing.  

Hope we sue the EFL if they try to impose it on the 21/22 season.  

Guest Hornsby

But not unknown for some owners to pay top ups from own pocket directly off shore, by-  passing club records.

Wasn't that what Milan and Harry case about , both not guilty of course?

Not saying that happens here but keep in mind Accounts can sometimes be not a true reflection of what's actually happening.

5 hours ago, parajack said:

Just done some more research,I was wrong FA it seems dictates salary's must be paid through PAYE  though it seems much discussion has gone on in the past,image rights etc etc remain seperate and not clased as salary,so an apology is due from me....

I will debate,but not at the point where i can see i am mistaken!!

Thats very honourable of you

I think we can all be guilty of getting tunnel vision or standing by our opinions even if they’re incorrect or misguided sometimes 

For you to post that is great and I wish more posters would do the same when they should 👍👍👍

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

46 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Thats very honourable of you

I think we can all be guilty of getting tunnel vision or standing by our opinions even if they’re incorrect or misguided sometimes 

For you to post that is great and I wish more posters would do the same when they should 👍👍👍

had to be done....but thank you anyway....

• Like 1

On 06/06/2021 at 13:17, @owlstalk said:

This post has honestly made my day

Congratulations mate - it’s going to be the start of the best life possible and you’re gonna love it

I wish you and your missus and baby all the best and thanks for posting this good news - it’s made me put aside my absolute disgust for anyone still supporting this chairman and has given me a more positive outlook today 

Exciting times - enjoy!

Just to update everyone who posted kind  comments in this thread,  I’m happy to say that there’s a new owl in the world as our son Jack (Jackie) arrived on Wednesday, so that was quite fitting. Let’s hope we will still have a great club for him to support when he is older!

• Like 1
  • Love 5

4 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Just to update everyone who posted kind  comments in this thread,  I’m happy to say that there’s a new owl in the world as our son Jack (Jackie) arrived on Wednesday, so that was quite fitting. Let’s hope we will still have a great club for him to support when he is older!

congratulations 👏🏼 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Warmest congratulations. Fantastic 

Congrats.  

Congratulations Southie.

Love going to the match with me sons. Many happy times ahead. 

Guest wilyfox

I’d offer congrats, but you’re bringing a child into league one during a pandemic. That’s fierce, man.

7 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

congratulations. 

1 minute ago, maidstoneowl said:

5 players are plan to make letter to say leaving end next week

wait and you see and it not 5 you want see go

Ok so let's say the above post is true

How and why would 5 players tell anyone they were going to do that?

lol

Sorry if I say I don't believe you but I don't believe you

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop