Players Owed £12m & Possible Points Deduction

21 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

As bad as we were last year, the players did enough to stay up. 

They did their bit, in spite of not getting paid properly and getting relegated regardless through no fault of their own. 

Chansiri is the one person to be peed off at, and is the last person he himself will actually blame.

This.

We stayed up last year. The points deduction relegated us. All on the chairman that. No one else. 

• Like 2

Guest Hornsby
3 hours ago, Grandad said:

If my employer missed my months pay I'd be well within my rights to moan at him.

If he missed it for 2 months I'd withdraw all labour and be looking to take my efforts elsewhere

Even on £27,000 a week net and nearest offer half that?

I heard that all the players have been paid however money outstanding to players whose contract expires this month. If that is the case many players will be suing club of wages owing. Its a mess and where will the money come for next months wages, the club is running with insufficient funds and will go bust very shortly unless a cash injection turns up which is extremely unlikely.

Just now, modboy said:

Surely he's not on much more than the average UK salary? 

Supposedly teams like Brentford and Leicester are interested in giving him a contract, but even if it was a team further down the leagues I would have thought signing for a more financially stable club would be a wiser career move. 

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
2 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Supposedly teams like Brentford and Leicester are interested in giving him a contract, but even if it was a team further down the leagues I would have thought signing for a more financially stable club would be a wiser career move. 

Only Chansiri bought his agent talk.

Again.

4 hours ago, maidstoneowl said:

This is story.

So all player got basic £5,000.   Many higher paid told

"YOU WAIT"

Now this serious and ELF paying players.  you know this end?   15 point deduction 

I have no  money.............................I'm an Elf, ask Santa to pay

elf-excited-movie-elf-cardboard-cutout-life-size-standup-10-e1506980237327-1513632248-3131.jpg

11 hours ago, SiJ said:

Exactly. 

I don't think there is any fix to this. 

Even if we pays up the money owed, then what? 

We will likely be in arrears again within a few months. 

What I find utterly maddening is we apparently have no intention to sell Windass and are haggling over some sort of nominal fee for Borner and yet we can't pay our player's wages?!?! Is Chansiri that thick or is he just desperate to salvage anything before it all goes to hell in a handbasket? 

That's been bothering me as well.

Particularly Windass, I don't get why we're trying to hike the price up. Or is it just Chansiri once again not learning from previous mistakes.

Make no mistake I don't want Windass to go but if it is best for the club's long term future then we need to sell and he's one we could get decent money for. 

25 minutes ago, maidstoneowl said:

Maurice tell me this big problem for club

Julian has got transfer move Germany and but can not take as need pay wages from March -- April

If go then could not get wages

this is lot money

Julian not only one the is many of this type

This looks like it was written by DC 🤔

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, thekimmyowl said:

I honestly can’t see the EFL being able to take points for non payment of wages considering the epidemic, it would be morally wrong and a punishment to fans , players and the club.

if they do then it’s time for clubs to call time on the EFL

Is it not morally wrong to not pay your employees in the first place?

• Like 2