BREAKING - Sheffield Wednesday players REJECT Chansiri's attempts to furlough them

According to the original first report in the Telegraph, that the Yorkshire Live have taken certain extracts from, there are other clubs in the EFL that are looking at doing the same. If this loop hole to save money is available during the close season why shouldn’t we do the same, as I think there will be many clubs in the bottom three divisions that will be now struggling with finances after a season of limited income and looking at anyway possible to make savings before the season

I agree though that things don’t look good at the moment but till we hear official statements from the club and not relying on hearsay or selective reporting, let’s keep the faith with our club to do the right things

WAWAW

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Supervisor2 said:

According to the original first report in the Telegraph, that the Yorkshire Live have taken certain extracts from, there are other clubs in the EFL that are looking at doing the same. If this loop hole to save money is available during the close season why shouldn’t we do the same, as I think there will be many clubs in the bottom three divisions that will be now struggling with finances after a season of limited income and looking at anyway possible to make savings before the season

I agree though that things don’t look good at the moment but till we hear official statements from the club and not relying on hearsay or selective reporting, let’s keep the faith with our club to do the right things

WAWAW

I bet those 'other clubs' are Derby.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Supervisor2 said:

Ah yeah - cos the record of that has proven a real success over the last 5 years

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest LondonOwl313
47 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

So that's now THREE months on the trot the players havnt been paid. 

We are screwed big time.

And he’s just promised to cough up the refunds too but with no specific timeframe.

He probably needs to inject about £20m just to resolve all the outstanding issues.. not seen him say anywhere how intends to fund this other than a few words basically saying don’t worry I’ll sort it whilst simultaneously carrying out actions that show it’s not getting sorted out 

48 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Should the players have any choice in the matter? Why can office workers, factory workers, dinner ladies etc be furloughed, but our highly esteemed… players can’t? 

Everybody has a choice to refuse it. The consequence is you can lose your job. 

• Thanks 1

Things really do go from bad to worse, massive rebuild to do which imo is going to be impossible. Any half decent players won’t join this mess of a club. I really do think administration is around the corner. How long can Chansiri keep not paying the players for before it gets a hell of a lot more serious? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ANDY said:

I can see us starting next season on minus points again. 

I can’t see us starting next season I think the EFL will throw us out like Bury etc....

May explain why season tickets not on sale.

Very very precarious situation now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, dan27 said:

Everybody has a choice to refuse it. The consequence is you can lose your job. 

It basically just doesn’t apply to professional football. The amount is inconsequential vs what you can claim, and even if it helps in a small way the rules are you can’t work at the same time.. so that’s no training or anything.

Guest whowantstoberich

Too generous, I wouldn’t even pay them furlough after last seasons performance. 

5 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I can’t see us starting next season I think the EFL will throw us out like Bury etc....

May explain why season tickets not on sale.

Very very precarious situation now. 

It's quite concerning.

Mind you, you never know with Chansiri.  It's quite possible he's dicking about with a water jetpack somewhere and just hasn't remembered about the season tickets yet.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Not saying he's right to do so but I can't see any buyer matching his valuation

The club is worth nothing. No stadium, no assets on The pitch 

• Like 3