BREAKING - Sheffield Wednesday players REJECT Chansiri's attempts to furlough them

11 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

What he means is anybody who doesn’t take the most extreme negative position relating to the club is a DC fan boy. 

Some people just have a negative outlook on life and some don’t. What will be will be and I will make the best I can of the situation that presents itself. 

Sounds like a quote from a therapy session..

14 hours ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

I think thay most people are just speculating and making stuff up,not many.on here know the real truth about DC and his wealth or mindset.

He's made massive mistakes we know that,but he's been bank rolling the club a while now and lost millions.

1.I dont think DM would have come here.

2.I dont think BB would have signed a new contract.

3.the transfer targets are real we have been linked with.

All of the above would be gash if he was skintos flintos..

So do we hound him out and put him down at every turn and be very careful what we wish for,or let it roll and hopefully bounce  straight back.....

Im as confused as any one.

A DC statement of intent wouldnt go a miss at moment to calm every one down...

UTO....

Thank you.  In DC I now trust 🤣

18 hours ago, Dan™ said:

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-03-24/exclusive-clubs-in-englands-top-two-football-leagues-claim-furlough-cash-at-staggering-rate-of-40m-a-year

According to Mike McCarthy they have claimed up to £125k of taxpayer money, despite having revenues that currently dwarf ours.

Crikey. Didn’t know that. 

Sheffield Wednesday problems aside, it smacks of something when EPL clubs have been claiming tax payers money despite getting 100s of millions in TV money. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

be very careful what we wish for

Missed this one.

Don’t know about you but I didn’t wish for skint and relegated  with half a squad, a decaying ground that doesn’t belong to the club and sponsors that exist in name only. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Missed this one.

Don’t know about you but I didn’t wish for skint and relegated  with half a squad, a decaying ground that doesn’t belong to the club and sponsors that exist in name only. 

The sponsorship is an odd one. I sort of get the principle of over-inflating the revenue by sponsoring and agree prices between yourself, but surely outside investment would complement and take the pressure off DC having to fund it all. I can only assume that DC get's a lot of tax relief back in Thailand for doing this. 

On 28/05/2021 at 21:01, pj owl said:

Wrong - if you have worked with the furlough scheme - it is possible for staff to be ‘on furlough’ but still be receiving ‘training’.

Clearly the complexity is what constitutes ‘training’

Correct but training in the office is completely different to a professional footballers training as that is a footballers day job so I would think that is cancelled out 

gym work, tactical work, football training is not like doing a health safety  course 

And yes I’ve had 32 staffed furloughed non of them professional footballers mind 

44 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Our chairman tried to

Our players stopped it from happening 

So what's the difference between our players and those at the clubs mentioned?

One theroy would that the perhaps have an axe to grind, I suppose.

• Like 1

There's a  big difference between furloughing staff in the ticket office when there are no fans compared to players who are playing.   Likewise, community departments, hospitality etc

The four EPL clubs works out at about 55 staff each.  Quite plausible.  At the last count, Wednesday had around 300 staff including players.

Wednesday used the furlough scheme, we all know this.  We just didn't use it for the players.  Until recently that is, or at least tried.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, modboy said:

We used furlough for support staff. Not sure those in the article furloughed players did they? Even arsenal sacked their dinosaur to much outrage I believe.

Not sure why people are trying to make out it's a competition between clubs

It's not

It's a dilemma about a billionaire wanting to come to the UK taxpayer to bail him out of a financial mess he's created himself, being rejected by players who he hasn't been paying properly for months and months and months, time after time after time

Nothing at all to do with what any other club is doing

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

Yes, that’s one of many things I don’t get. So according to some on here, the players haven’t been paid for “ months and months”, and yet an offer for them to be paid £2500 towards the missing wages has been refused?