BREAKING - Sheffield Wednesday players REJECT Chansiri's attempts to furlough them

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Thanks for that, I really needed it to be explained that the club needs to get there house in order, did I suggest somewhere that they didn’t ?? 

And there hasn’t only been one article, it’s been rambling on for months and you hear there’s some blokes been paid , some getting 7k , some not , furlough 

Who knows the true story ?  Who knows who owns the ground ? Who’s the loan against the ground due to ?   Never said discussion amongst fans was wrong either , of course people will discuss , but the recent articles in the press don’t tell me anything that we didn’t already know 

If it's been rumbling on for a few months, why is your conclusion that "people keep stirring the pot" and not "this is an ongoing problem that gets progressively worse"?

If memory serves correctly, near the end of March it was reported March wages weren't paid correctly. In April it was March and April. In May, it's now March, April and May wages.

Is that stirring the pot, or just reporting a failure that is getting progressively worse?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Thanks for that, I really needed it to be explained that the club needs to get there house in order, did I suggest somewhere that they didn’t ?? 

And there hasn’t only been one article, it’s been rambling on for months and you hear there’s some blokes been paid , some getting 7k , some not , furlough 

Who knows the true story ?  Who knows who owns the ground ? Who’s the loan against the ground due to ?   Never said discussion amongst fans was wrong either , of course people will discuss , but the recent articles in the press don’t tell me anything that we didn’t already know 

I personally didn’t know the players had been furloughed until someone said it on here and The Star reported. That’s news which broke this week.

Why did you know this before? 

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

If it's been rumbling on for a few months, why is your conclusion that "people keep stirring the pot" and not "this is an ongoing problem that gets progressively worse"?

If memory serves correctly, near the end of March it was reported March wages weren't paid correctly. In April it was March and April. In May, it's now March, April and May wages.

Is that stirring the pot, or just reporting a failure that is getting progressively worse?

Correct. People have this weird hatred towards the media for simply doing their job and reporting on the club. It’s not their fault the news is always negative. Only one man can really change that and turn it into a positive situation.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ANDY said:

I can see us starting next season on minus points again. 

2 seasons on the bounce (..Well bouncing cheques). Another club record. Time to show Chansiris bad management and man up- pay the lads and the back staff and employ 'real' advisors who can turn us round. Turned Hillsborough into the big top and employing clowns 🤡

Edited by Danielh

Guest Andy W
20 hours ago, Onge said:

So... League Two in a year's time?

Nailed on totally inevitable if we are still in business by then...yes it's that bad

14 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

How long have you known that the club have tried to furlough players recently, and that players have rejected this?

40 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Stirring the pot or reporting the news.

Considering that 90% of this thread has been framed as "Chansiri has f'd SWFC" rather than "money has f'd football" I'd say it's more stirring the pot if we're using this story as a stick to beat the chairman with when other clubs are doing exactly the same, including our esteemed neighbours.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

Considering that 90% of this thread has been framed as "Chansiri has f'd SWFC" rather than "money has f'd football" I'd say it's more stirring the pot if we're using this story as a stick to beat the chairman with when other clubs are doing exactly the same, including our esteemed neighbours.

Are they? Haven’t seen that. Please share the link. 

1 hour ago, Dan™ said:

The article suggests we have taken greater financial advantage of this than our neighbours, perhaps fair enough given the relative amounts of income for each during the pandemic.

However, the article also suggests that some of our players have rejected the proposal to be furloughed now, indicating a lack of trust or belief that doing so will work out as it should. 

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Are they? Haven’t seen that. Please share the link. 

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-03-24/exclusive-clubs-in-englands-top-two-football-leagues-claim-furlough-cash-at-staggering-rate-of-40m-a-year

According to Mike McCarthy they have claimed up to £125k of taxpayer money, despite having revenues that currently dwarf ours.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

However, the article also suggests that some of our players have rejected the proposal to be furloughed now, indicating a lack of trust or belief that doing so will work out as it should.

Agreed, that doesn't look good. You could maybe argue that the players in question (we don't know who or how many) have rejected furlough to protect their own interests in being able to leave the club for free, but again, that's mostly of our own doing anyway with the unpaid wages.

Still, we're not the only club not paying players wages on time either, but it's hard to defend when there are already so many compounding issues going on at Hillsborough.

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

What does it matter to us in the grand scheme of things how many are affected, how much, how often.

The fact is the club are not currently honouring the terms of the contracts of everyone they employ in terms of pay, which is a major concern. 

How do you extrapolate that from that article.  It was only yesterday, people were claiming BB signed his new contract due to being paid in full when others weren’t because his is DC’s favourite.  There’s so much being thrown about at the minute that I’m  completely baffled as to what’s happening and worried for the future of my club.

1 hour ago, Dan™ said:

Agreed, that doesn't look good. You could maybe argue that the players in question (we don't know who or how many) have rejected furlough to protect their own interests in being able to leave the club for free, but again, that's mostly of our own doing anyway with the unpaid wages.

Still, we're not the only club not paying players wages on time either, but it's hard to defend when there are already so many compounding issues going on at Hillsborough.

Which other clubs are not paying wages on time? 

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

How do you extrapolate that from that article.  It was only yesterday, people were claiming BB signed his new contract due to being paid in full when others weren’t because his is DC’s favourite.  There’s so much being thrown about at the minute that I’m  completely baffled as to what’s happening and worried for the future of my club.

How do I equate from recent articles that the club are not honouring the terms of contracts in terms of payments?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/05/28/exclusive-sheffield-wednesday-ask-furlough-players-relegation/

The second sentence of this articles indicates the players have not been paid on time this month, not for the first time. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

How do I equate from recent articles that the club are not honouring the terms of contracts in terms of payments?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/05/28/exclusive-sheffield-wednesday-ask-furlough-players-relegation/

The second sentence of this articles indicates the players have not been paid on time this month, not for the first time. 

We’re going round in circles here.  It’s like swimming in treacle.  

43 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

‘stirring the pot’

’stick to beat him with’

christ - it’s cliche central today

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Which other clubs are not paying wages on time? 

Not sure on any names, aside from Derby I think was one club where the news leaked out like ours. Back in November there were 10 clubs unlikely to be able to pay their players on time according to inside knowledge presented at a parliamentary committee.