BREAKING - Sheffield Wednesday players REJECT Chansiri's attempts to furlough them

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

What’s the point of this. 

We get it you think Chansiri can do no wrong and the club is in a good position.

But you’re really clutching at straws here

Nope, just wish people would stick to facts. 

It’s obvious to everyone DC has made mistakes, some whoppers too but just making false statements helps nothing. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

No, no. He should happily leave the club ten of millions of pounds in debt having sanctioned the extortionate contracts that it was clear we could not afford and then failed to make any significant player sales to recoup anything, instead allowing overpaid players to run down their contracts and leave for nothing. 

Should we thank him for running the club into the ground instead?

No...but don’t expect him to back roll the club indefinitely if you want him out. How about fans putting their money in rather than cutting and running

• Like 1

Just now, kirksandallowl said:

Nope, just wish people would stick to facts. 

It’s obvious to everyone DC has made mistakes, some whoppers too but just making false statements helps nothing. 

You know what I meant in the post ffs.

Reports that we tried to furlough the players. This was new information. 

Pointless nit picking.

1 hour ago, Shez said:

No...but don’t expect him to back roll the club indefinitely if you want him out. How about fans putting their money in rather than cutting and running

I've never stopped putting my money in and never advocated this.

Whose fault is it that we are multi-millions in debt, suffered a points penalty for financial mismanagement and are now a division 3 club as a result of this?

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I've never stopped putting my money in and never advocated this.

Whose fault is it that we are multi-millions in debt, suffered a points penalty for financial mismanagement and are now a division 3 club as a result of this?

Chansiris

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

You know what I meant in the post ffs.

Reports that we tried to furlough the players. This was new information. 

Pointless nit picking.

Ah sorry for reading what you actually typed as opposed to reading your mind. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

First, he's put sweet FA in, it's all loans.

Secondly, he can write these off to facilitate a sale, like Sunderland America owner did   a couple of years back.

Third, why would he when can write Owls losses off against Thai tax and now has a £60 million stadium yielding £90 million rent from club? Kerr Ching!

It's only fans that suffer in this race to bottom, ie Division 4 and possibly Administration.

Any cash with Owls is now at big risk so factor if buying seasons.

If the football club goes bust though the stadium is worth sweet F.A. to him. Apart from perhaps a couple of million for the land it sits on and some scrap metal.

• Like 2

Guest LondonOwl313
9 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

First, he's put sweet FA in, it's all loans.

Secondly, he can write these off to facilitate a sale, like Sunderland America owner did   a couple of years back.

Third, why would he when can write Owls losses off against Thai tax and now has a £60 million stadium yielding £90 million rent from club? Kerr Ching!

It's only fans that suffer in this race to bottom, ie Division 4 and possibly Administration.

Any cash with Owls is now at big risk so factor if buying seasons.

I’m no accountant, but got a degree in it.. pretty sure when it comes to writing losses off, there are specific rules around it.

You wouldn’t be able to write off U.K. losses against Thai profits for example.

Even if he had a separate profitable U.K. business he wouldn’t be able to either. Separate entities.

And you have to be comparing apples with apples.. like income taxes, capital gains or corporation tax.. can’t mix and match when it suits.

The only way the losses would be worth anything to him from a tax perspective is on the off chance SWFC became a profitable entity, he could carry them forward and offset against tax on those profits. And there’s also probably a time cut off for doing that too (maybe 7 years?!)

So tax benefits just aren’t relevant here

I think thay most people are just speculating and making stuff up,not many.on here know the real truth about DC and his wealth or mindset.

He's made massive mistakes we know that,but he's been bank rolling the club a while now and lost millions.

1.I dont think DM would have come here.

2.I dont think BB would have signed a new contract.

3.the transfer targets are real we have been linked with.

All of the above would be gash if he was skintos flintos..

So do we hound him out and put him down at every turn and be very careful what we wish for,or let it roll and hopefully bounce  straight back.....

Im as confused as any one.

A DC statement of intent wouldnt go a miss at moment to calm every one down...

UTO....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Guest Hornsby
18 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I’m no accountant, but got a degree in it.. pretty sure when it comes to writing losses off, there are specific rules around it.

You wouldn’t be able to write off U.K. losses against Thai profits for example.

Even if he had a separate profitable U.K. business he wouldn’t be able to either. Separate entities.

And you have to be comparing apples with apples.. like income taxes, capital gains or corporation tax.. can’t mix and match when it suits.

The only way the losses would be worth anything to him from a tax perspective is on the off chance SWFC became a profitable entity, he could carry them forward and offset against tax on those profits. And there’s also probably a time cut off for doing that too (maybe 7 years?!)

So tax benefits just aren’t relevant here

Have a look at the treaty.

46 minutes ago, Shez said:

What do you think fans have been doing for the last 5 years? an ours are not 'loans' or part share in an asset S6....

• Love 2

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

Have a look at the treaty.

I was under the impression If you have a 'group' of Companys and one of the group publishes a trading 'loss' this can be offset against the profits of the rest of the group,anyone know if this is correct? 

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What’s the point of this. 

We get it you think Chansiri can do no wrong and the club is in a good position.

But you’re really clutching at straws here

Where’s he said Chansiri can do wrong ..... ?

I think the owner is fully aware that the fanbase is saying it’s time to leave,  If he does decide to call it then I think chances of him bankrolling the club daily are slim to none 

It’ll be a rushed sale to anyone who shows the ££,  you wouldn’t think theres any benefit in administration for him , but if he doesn’t want to or can’t bankroll the club anymore I don’t really see any other ending 

21 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Where’s he said Chansiri can do wrong ..... ?

What he means is anybody who doesn’t take the most extreme negative position relating to the club is a DC fan boy. 

Some people just have a negative outlook on life and some don’t. What will be will be and I will make the best I can of the situation that presents itself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

What he means is anybody who doesn’t take the most extreme negative position relating to the club is a DC fan boy. 

Some people just have a negative outlook on life and some don’t. What will be will be and I will make the best I can of the situation that presents itself. 

Don’t worry mate I’m aware what he meant 🤣 

I’ve had the Chansiri fan boy label a while now 

2 hours ago, Royal_D said:

I think the owner is fully aware that the fanbase is saying it’s time to leave,  If he does decide to call it then I think chances of him bankrolling the club daily are slim to none 

It’ll be a rushed sale to anyone who shows the ££,  you wouldn’t think theres any benefit in administration for him , but if he doesn’t want to or can’t bankroll the club anymore I don’t really see any other ending 

Milan sold the club to Chansiri 

Owlstalk Shop