BREAKING - Sheffield Wednesday players REJECT Chansiri's attempts to furlough them

5 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Shouldn't be any drop in income as owner has to top up wages.

I don't think that's right.

The maximum is £2500 a month iirc, with Govt paying 70% and employer paying 10%.

https://www.lewissilkin.com/en/insights/furloughing-employefaqs-for-employers-on-the-coronavirus-job-retention-scheme

An employer can choose to top up to 100% if they want, which I understand we did for admin staff, but it's not a requirement.  We did at my organisation for the first few months so as to prepare staff for the drop, but they went down to the £2500 eventually.

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

080F7DFD-5F6D-4165-A32C-CAFDE0A6995C.jpeg

That doesn't clear it up fella.

It says salaries in full, not differentiating whether they've been paid the 7k for those 3 months are awaiting the rest or that they've not been paid at all.

It's too vague

• Like 1

The only way I could see this working if DC was trying to get a government 'grant' via the back door.

Essentially, the players agree to be furloughed between 9th May and the return to pre-season training - say 5 weeks or so. To be eligible for the grant he must continue to pay the players 80% of their wages, up to a cap of £2,500 per month for the time they spend on furlough. As he can top up their wages above the 80% total cap, they could get their full wages. 

It wouldn't save him much cash admittedly - say £2,500 x 20 or so. 

Other than this, no player is going to agree reducing their wage from say £40k/month to £2,500.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

D6AD76BE-6D37-441D-8DFB-2B49701CDB6C.jpeg

Heres part of the answer 👍

That’s about as clear as mud.  Are some being paid in full and others left unpaid? Are all players receiving part of their salary on time?  Have non or some not been paid since February?  

Totally baffled of Sheffield.

24 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

That’s about as clear as mud.  Are some being paid in full and others left unpaid? Are all players receiving part of their salary on time?  Have non or some not been paid since February?  

Nobody knows, and media are just regurgitating the news adding little snippets here and there to stir the pot up a bit more 

Tell me I’m wrong 🤔

2 hours ago, BIG D said:

2 things. 

1. Good for them, they do right. 
2. Can you refuse to be furloughed?

Yes, an employee can refuse to be furloughed. It has to be a mutual agreement between employer and employee. Of course in many jobs, employers are requesting this of their staff as the alternative is that the business goes to the wall and the job no longer exists. 

28 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

What does it matter to us in the grand scheme of things how many are affected, how much, how often.

The fact is the club are not currently honouring the terms of the contracts of everyone they employ in terms of pay, which is a major concern. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Yes, an employee can refuse to be furloughed. It has to be a mutual agreement between employer and employee. Of course in many jobs, employers are requesting this of their staff as the alternative is that the business goes to the wall and the job no longer exists. 

Yeah, this is the aspect of it that's really setting alarm bells ringing for me.

I fear we could find ourselves in a whole world of pain before too long.

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Nobody knows, and media are just regurgitating the news adding little snippets here and there to stir the pot up a bit more 

Tell me I’m wrong 🤔

Stir up the pot?

If the club:

• Paid staff on time
  • Paid staff in full
  • Completed their accounting obligations with the EFL so not to be under an embargo
  • Paid supporters what they are owed
  • released details of pricing for next season

There would be a lot less to stir! 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Stir up the pot?

If the club:

• Paid staff on time
  • Paid staff in full
  • Completed their accounting obligations with the EFL so not to be under an embargo

It's amazing but there's still denial.

Anybody who thinks "it can't happen to my club" needs to start confronting the evidence.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Stir up the pot?

If the club:

• Paid staff on time
  • Paid staff in full

Yep, all fair points , but in reference to the wages and what’s been paid and to whom ... nobody knows the full story

Doesn’t make it right, but there’s absolutely no new info in any of the last few media articles I’ve read 

Guess work 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Yep, all fair points , but in reference to the wages and what’s been paid and to whom ... nobody knows the full story

Doesn’t make it right, but there’s absolutely no new info in any of the last few media articles I’ve read 

Guess work 

To my knowledge there’s been one article? 

This naturally generates discussion amongst concerned fans.

That’s not stirring. 

Do you know the most effective way for the club to stop all the rumours and negative press? Get their house in order and run the club properly. It’s that simple. 

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

To my knowledge there’s been one article? 

This naturally generates discussion amongst concerned fans.

That’s not stirring. 

Do you know the most effective way for the club to stop all the rumours and negative press? Get their house in order and run the club properly. It’s that simple. 

Thanks for that, I really needed it to be explained that the club needs to get there house in order, did I suggest somewhere that they didn’t ?? 

And there hasn’t only been one article, it’s been rambling on for months and you hear there’s some blokes been paid , some getting 7k , some not , furlough 

Who knows the true story ?  Who knows who owns the ground ? Who’s the loan against the ground due to ?   Never said discussion amongst fans was wrong either , of course people will discuss , but the recent articles in the press don’t tell me anything that we didn’t already know