Euro 2021

The difference between Moratta and Jorghino penalties was not brilliance but simply the keeper diving the right (or wrong) way

Fine margins and as i always say there is no such thing as good and bad penalties - if it goes in - good. If it doesn't - bad

• Like 2

Just now, scram said:

The difference between Moratta and Jorghino penalties was not brilliance but simply the keeper diving the right (or wrong) way

Fine margins and as i always say there is no such thing as good and bad penalties - if it goes in - good. If it doesn't - bad

100% - Bonucci's pen was the same as Morata's, just the keeper went the wrong way.

Just now, CalmJimmers said:

100% - Bonucci's pen was the same as Morata's, just the keeper went the wrong way.

I have to disagree. Not about the way the keeper went with Jorginio pen. His run and stutter made the keeper commit into his dive. He then had the luxury of time in slotting it away. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scram said:

I don't know if it was Michael Owen or Alan Shearer that said this but one or maybe both said they rarely focussed on the placement of a penalty or shot; they just hit the ball in a general direction with as much power as they could and it went in on the majority of times.  

I'm loving Gareth Southgate's formation and selection.

Phil Foden was initially given a starting position but for me, he was occupying spaces where Harry Kane drops deep.

We're better for having Kane's vision and our other attackers running beyond him. Playing the likes of Saka, Sancho, Sterling, Grealish ahead of Foden seems the way forward. 

Just now, M Royds said:

I have to disagree. Not about the way the keeper went with Jorginio pen. His run and stutter made the keeper commit into his dive. He then had the luxury of time in slotting it away. 

Think I agree with that as well 😂

There's such a disparity with penalty analysis though. Bonucci's was slight right of centre, slightly off the ground, pretty much the same as Morata's. Difference is the keeper has gone the wrong way.

There are pens that are ridiculous though and are almost unsavable ala Jorginho and Bernadeschi.

• Like 1