How Is Your Day Going ?

Had some bad news about someone I know - in that sense there is more to life than football. 

However, walking into work today was just sad. 

A Sheffield company, plenty of Wednesday fans (male and female, season ticket holders, away game fans) 

We’re all gutted. 

ps - it’s not Sheffield Wednesday that we work for lol 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Tbh fine here, I'd made peace with the potential and now reality of relegation a long time ago.

The club stunk of relegation from day one.

Suns shining, world keeps turning.

Sorry to here you've had some bad news about a friend though. That's way more important than the goings on at swfc.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Absolutely crap! Been snapping at all the family. My son says he still a Wednesday fan but he wishes he wasn’t. My hatred for those spineless players will take a while to go away.

Still angry mate but been that way for nearly two years. Could see the direction of travel and have felt helpless throughout. 

The fact that the useless Thai owner we have has allowed us to drift towards oblivion without doing anything to stop it is galling.

Today I’m trying to convince myself all will be set for a swift return but I know deep down it’s going to be really difficult. Everyone will be wanting to beat us. The team Moore assembles is going to be key but I’m not enamoured by the thought of trying to play ourselves out of the division. I prefer the Megson way i.e. a set of physical cloggers to fight our way back. It’s that kind of league.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Had some bad news about someone I know - in that sense there is more to life than football. 

A Sheffield company, plenty of Wednesday fans (male and female, season ticket holders, away game fans) 

We’re all gutted. 

You used to work for Wednesday before you went on gardening leave though.

• Like 1

Not great, was a real grump yesterday afternoon, but went for some food with the Mrs to take my mind off it. 

I know it's just football, but it the club has meant so much to me and has been part of my identity for many years. 

I spoke to my Dad this morning, he lives in a different country and i haven't been able to see him for over 2 years now, he's the one who got me in to supporting Wednesday, despite not being from England, he likes to know what's going on, but isn't that bothered anymore. I took him to a game when we last met in the UK and he was bored by half time, said it was disappointing how bad the football was compared to when he used to take me. 

Was a bit more emotional today, on the back of yesterday, but also knowing that he has his second jab in a month and we can then meet up, chat about the state of Wednesday and have a trip down memory lane at the better days of not just Wednesday, but football in general. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

A view from a far 12000 miles away in Canberra...I've watched the last two games live as they were on here via Bein Sports. Last week against Forest was utter woeful negative crap. No conviction at all. 

Yesterday was good to see us actually have a crack as we had to, flip side embarrassing to see us opened up very easily. I'm actually surprised it took us down to the last few minutes of the season for the inevitable to actually happen. I was tempted to bet on the double relegation in October with us and the pigs which was about 6/1 at the time, couldn't bring myself to bet against us and genuinely we are good enough not to finish in the bottom 3. (heard that before somewhere around 1990 springs to mind). 

The flip side of living in Australia I don't have to make the 6hr round trip from Cumbria to a home game to Hillsborough to watch it plus numerous away games around the country like I used to do, but it's a thing in your DNA being a Wednesdayite that you do and love.

Going forward please get behind Moore, let him run the show and get a team together for that division to get us out promptly. All expiring contracts have to go irrespective back ourselves in the youth and go again. 

Finally you know who you are. Just sell up and go - admit you've made a mistake and move on. 

Please can someone please clarify on why he bought us? Wasnt it his son liked the name of us or something like that?

Stay safe all WAWAW

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

We’re all gutted. 

Sorry to hear you’ve had bad news . Football should be pretty irrelevant really but ..........

Still feeling down but trying hard to convince myself that Chansiri HAS to have learnt his lesson now . So much of the s**t from fans that Chansiri has brought upon himself has been his appalling communications ; a total lack of communication for weeks or months and then unmeasured knee-jerk responses to questions and criticisms .. Among all the other necessary changes a new mouthpiece has to be appointed. If only to heal some wounds . Moore isn’t a great mouthpiece to be honest but he shouldn’t be the only club voice you ever hear . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Iam hanging out my anus sat in the house eating crap.

Gonna watch manure n chill thank fizz iam not back to work till Thursday.

Less sunday night blues.

UTO

• Like 1
  • Haha 1