Hundreds of Man U fans on pitch protesting

34 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Oh come on. You’d think they had torched the stadium to the ground. I doubt billionaires 3,000 miles away will take much notice of people just standing outside. You have to make things uncomfortable for them. If that protest today went too far in your opinion then fans in this country are screwed

I am not for one moment saying these people were hardened criminals.

But the only way the society works is by one simple point ' You dont get to choose which laws apply to you'

Trespass,   Criminal Damage to property , assault on a police officer ,

You cant do those things just because you don't agree with what a company ( Manchester United ) is doing.

Because if you could where would the line be drawn and who would have the right to draw it.

3 hours ago, Geedee said:

I am not sure what this will actually achieve.

It will be chip paper in a fortnight.

Getting matches called off like that in front of a global audience is going to hurt their bottom line in a way that FC United never could.

Just think how many people in China and America tuned in for their Manchester Vs Liverpool Soccerball game to see that instead.  They probably didn't have a clue before today that anyone had any issues with the owners.

• Like 2

Protest is brilliant for showing the utter hypocrisy of the public

The same people that want XR/BLM/Kill the Bill et al protestors locked up, water cannoned etc - are the same that applaud the anti-lockdown/anti mask/statue defenders etc

But hey!

Who is bothered about consistency

What does anybody think the Man U fan protest is gonna achieve - i mean really?

probably some poor sod will fall on his sword for the embarrassment of a PL game being called off - meanwhile the offshore tax haven billionnaires that own Utd will carry on regardless

There is no putting the genie back in the bottle

Edited by scram

2 hours ago, the third man said:

Yea, loved him when he did Mick Lyons in the first minute of the League Cup match, real no nonsense dirty player, who knew what he doing 

Yes the same Souness who was shaking like a shiiting dog when Lyons ran back on the pitch after having the wound stitched up 

10 minutes ago, Geedee said:

I am not for one moment saying these people were hardened criminals.

But the only way the society works is by one simple point ' You dont get to choose which laws apply to you'

Trespass,   Criminal Damage to property , assault on a police officer ,

You cant do those things just because you don't agree with what a company ( Manchester United ) is doing.

Because if you could where would the line be drawn and who would have the right to draw it.

I think there are scenarios where peaceful direct action is justified. You can pretty much attribute all of the landmark social progressions to it.

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

I think there are scenarios where peaceful direct action is justified. You can pretty much attribute all of the landmark social progressions to it.

I 100% agree with that - and sometimes more direct action is needed and history has backd that so many times

But currently protests are banned so i get really f*cked off seeing some people eviscerate the protests they aren't in agreement with yet applaud the ones they are

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

As a sweeping no detail response thats fine , Nobody can totally disaree with it.

But the point remains who draws the line and who decides when it is broken.

eg If you think trespass at old trafford was ok even if it was illegal.

What if they had paint sprayed the building.

Is that OK?

How about smashing a few windows ?

Still alright?

Acquring a few unpaid for souvenirs perhaps

I will leave you to decide

I agree with this protest

if we let these Americans get carry on as they are they will ruin the game

In the USA they think nothing of moving a popular club from say Seattle to Oklahoma if the money is there-While the Seattle fans are mildly annoyed they end up playing on Oklahoma largely untroubled 

The Americans need to realise what the game means to us- good on Man Utd fans for showing them that is can get nasty if they try to ruin our game

Thought Andy Hutton spoke well on MOTD. Highlighted the overall economic situation and destroyed the notion presented y Shearer that Man U's net spend represents backing from the Glazers. Net spend isn't what the protest was about

4 hours ago, Bannofan said:

The right to protest , be it stationary or on a march, is extremely important in a democracy. 

I absolutely hate it when the right wing clowns on here talk about ' scruffy students' & ' the unwashed ' ..as if they are the only people who attend these things. 

I'm also frustrated with the hanger ons on these occasions, those who simply go to cause trouble and destroy property, or to attack the emergency services.

The pitch invaders with cans in their hands have given idiotic dinasaurs lije Graham Souness a reason to be dismissive of a serious issue, and to ignore the vocal but largely peaceful protestors outside.

Unfortunately the right to protest is being removed in plain sight by those wonderful libertarians in charge of this country

For those saying protest is worthless, you may wish to reflect on that next time you are enjoying a walk around ladybower. 
The new bill going through parliament will stop this ( and any other protest you agree with/ disagree with). 
The ONLY way the people ( you and me) can effect the multi billionaires who run our lives is by rising up and protesting about the things we don’t like. 
I am generally regarded as a right wing nutcase, and that sounds like a communist agenda but it really is time the people stood up were counted. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, edmontonowl said:

Thought Andy Hutton spoke well on MOTD. Highlighted the overall economic situation and destroyed the notion presented y Shearer that Man U's net spend represents backing from the Glazers. Net spend isn't what the protest was about

Half the pundits yesterday showed themselves to be utterly clueless about the subject they were talking about. 

13 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Just because they are historically successful doesn’t mean they should just stand back whilst their club and its heritage is trashed. 

Success built on what?

Pulling out of the FA Cup twenty years ago?

Good to see the limit of Man Utd fans anger is the creation of a rival footballing association.

Anything less and everything was tickety boo.

10 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

Success built on what?

Pulling out of the FA Cup twenty years ago?

Good to see the limit of Man Utd fans anger is the creation of a rival footballing association.

Anything less and everything was tickety boo.

You think that was the fans decision? Blame the FA for that one, who were hoping it would improve England’s chance of hosting a World Cup. 

And there have been protests against the glazers going right back to 2005. The recent ESL farce has just renewed things.