Hundreds of Man U fans on pitch protesting

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Absolute heroes! 

Now THAT is how you protest against parasite owners. 

Can’t wait to watch Sky squirm when the game gets called off. 

Hope not, I'm looking forward to this game.

Was it scheduled to have fans in, or have they broken in?

5 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Absolute heroes! 

Now THAT is how you protest against parasite owners. 

Can’t wait to watch Sky squirm when the game gets called off. 

Absolute heroes, 15 years too late. 

Penny for the thoughts of those who actually made a stand with FC United. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

FC United fans abandoned their team at the end of the day.

Don’t talk utter nonsense. They are still supporters of the club, they just refused to put money in the pockets of parasites. Many of whom had been priced out the club. 

You side with the billionaires though. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Absolute heroes, 15 years too late. 

Penny for the thoughts of those who actually made a stand with FC United. 

Sadly that is in the past. Can only focus on getting them out now, and this protest will get a lot of attention around the world and embarrass sponsors. Hit them where it hurts. 

2 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

FC United fans abandoned their team at the end of the day.

Abandoned modern football to take a proper stand knowing exactly where all this was heading. 

I’m being slightly unfair to these lads today I guess. Fair play to them for making a show and especially so if they get the game called off. It’s just a complicated issue for United because the big step to telling the Glazers to shove it was made years ago, and too many of their core support hasn’t been particularly bothered until now.

Just now, owls maniac said:

Don’t talk utter nonsense. They are still supporters of the club, they just refused to put money in the pockets of parasites. Many of whom had been priced out the club. 

You side with the billionaires though. 

They went and supported another club, could have boycotted games etc but starting a new club isnt my idea of protest.

Im not siding with the Glazers

Just now, sheffield_dave said:

Abandoned modern football to take a proper stand knowing exactly where all this was heading. 

I’m being slightly unfair to these lads today I guess. Fair play to them for making a show and especially so if they get the game called off. It’s just a complicated issue for United because the big step to telling the Glazers to shove it was made years ago, and too many of their core support hasn’t been particularly bothered until now.

That is definitely a fair point. For me Fergie gets no where near enough blame for the takeover. He had the power to stop it but bottled it in order to consolidate his own power. 

Just now, sheffield_dave said:

Abandoning modern football is a cliche.

What happens if they progress to football lesgue?

6 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

They went and supported another club, could have boycotted games etc but starting a new club isnt my idea of protest.

Im not siding with the Glazers

It’s not like they went and supported City. They formed a new club, adopted the same colours and sing the same songs. It’s seen as continuing the traditions of MUFC. Above all else, it’s affordable to go and it’s fan owned. I think they deserve serious praise and have been an example of how fan ownership can work.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Been following it on Twitter.

Loads outside Lowry Hotel stopping the team coach leaving.

Reyt lads.

They’ve been fantastic. This is fans against a global conglomerate. Only drastic action will cut through. 

• Like 1