Owls: W3 D3 L4 Pts 12

Rotherham: W1 D2 L7 Pts 5

Derby: W1 D1 L8 Pts 4

Last 6 games:

Owls: W2 D2 L2 Pts 8

Rotherham: W0 D2 L4 Pts 2

Derby: W0 D0 L6 Pts 0

Unreal.

We’re the “in form” team then  We’re all worrying about derby and chuffin Rovrum  will go and beat luton ffs.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

We probably wouldn’t have got to the playoffs without cheating FFP, but I reckon we’d be better than we are now if we hadn’t. 

Blowing all that money, resulting in embargo after embargo, stuck with overpaid mercenaries, has lead us to this point. 

Owners should be ashamed. Ever since we blew FFP we’ve been screwed.

Didn’t we get to the play offs before “ cheating ffp “ ? .

1 hour ago, Devonstrix said:

It’s sad to see a great footballer so out of his depth. In a way, he needs Derby to be relegated so they can fire him and he can quietly slide off into retirement. 

Sheffield Wednesday and Derby County. Two basket case football clubs. 
But which is worst?

Only one way to find out……

It’s going to be a shambles of a football match isn’t it 

lol

5 minutes ago, Django said:

It’s going to be a shambles of a football match isn’t it 

lol

Could be a great one for the neutral as two terrible teams enter the Thunderdome to play out a nervy comedy of errors.

Might also be utterly excruciating for all concerned :laugh:

36 minutes ago, Statto Owl said:

Last 10 games:

Last 6 games:

Nice.

But it might simply indicate a return to the mean would see Rotherham or Derby are over due a win...

I'm made more confident by the comments on the Derby forum. There club is clearly suffering from the same problem as Wednesday.... A squad full of over paid second rate chancers.

1 hour ago, Statto Owl said:

Last 10 games:

Last 6 games:

Great stats this. It does go to show what a mess Derby and Rotherham are in even though we are hardly been flying ourselves. 

Can see why Derby fans are panicking. 

22 hours ago, daleblue said:

Not a fan of Bannan's, 

but even I wouldn't want him neutralised.

Don't they do that with race horses to make them run faster....Just a thought.

6 hours ago, sage owl said:

Didn’t we get to the play offs before “ cheating ffp “ ? .

No because we knew we were well above the FFP threshold, albeit punishment came later

We knew by what we’d spent those 2 seasons that we were going to bust it and gambled on getting promoted and therefore getting round it. 

If we’d spent in accordance to the £13m loss per season, we wouldn’t have been able to sign Abdi, Rhodes etc that season. What a shame that would have been in hindsight!

1 hour ago, whowantstoberich said:

Rather be in our shoes than Derby’s going into this game

Completly agree. Most of us expected relegation at the start of the season with the points deduction and we were dead and buried 3 weeks ago but somehow have a glimmer of hope going into the final match. It's almost like a free hit for us where as for Derby the pressure is on. They were expected to be up there competing for promotion

Also at least we know we have to win the match. If we only needed a draw i'd be far more concerned as we'd sit back for 90 minutes inviting pressure. At least this way we have to have a go

16 hours ago, horny owl said:

The bloke can’t even string a sentence together

He’s as thick as mince

He f00ked up this year when he decided to hang up his boots... He should've waited until next year before he stepped back into full time management... However I think that we will put in a gutless performance and it'll be a draw... We will either take the lead early and then throw the game in the last 5mins or alternatively fail to capitalise on them sitting back for a draw...

12 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

Also at least we know we have to win the match. If we only needed a draw i'd be far more concerned as we'd sit back for 90 minutes inviting pressure. At least this way we have to have a go

Do we know how or have the enthusiasm to have a go?

At the time we knew we had to win our last 2 matches but still we couldn’t “have a go”against Forest and if we had they were there for the taking 

4 hours ago, farlego said:

Do we know how or have the enthusiasm to have a go?

At the time we knew we had to win our last 2 matches but still we couldn’t “have a go”against Forest and if we had they were there for the taking 

True but Derby are as bad as us and they will be under huge pressure where as Forest had nothing to play for

If Rotherham lose tonight then our match with Derby will be a straight shoot out of who stays up IMO as I can't see Rotherham taking more than a point away from Cardiff