I had a peek at the derby forum...

30 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I've posted it a fair bit over the course of the season, as some were suggesting we'd need to hit 50 points in order to stay up. In reality, the safety mark has rarely been that high in this division.

If we'd managed the 46 points needed in an average season, we'd be home and hosed by now.

We have accrued 46 point from 45 games, , but the deduction for DC being incompetent , mean we will go down.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nethertonowl said:

We have accrued 46 point from 45 games, , but the deduction for DC being incompetent , mean we will go down.  

It's certainly looking that way, isn't it?

The fact that we only needed to average 1.14 points per game in order to be safe by now, yet we've fallen short, is testament to how lacking in quality and the right mentality our squad is.

• Like 3

If your team hasn’t won a game at their last 10 attempts and the next game is a crunch match

There is ONE club you pray you’ll be up against

That club is Sheffield Wednesday 

End the season now because we’re as good as down FFS

• Like 6

10 hours ago, domSWFC said:

It's scary to think there's 3 teams in this league that have accumulated less points than us this season. Is this the weakest the bottom half of the league has ever been? 

Yep. Peterborough went down with 52 points a few years ago. We could potentially stay up with 43. 

4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's certainly looking that way, isn't it?

The fact that we only needed to average 1.14 points per game in order to be safe by now, yet we've fallen short, is testament to how lacking in quality and the right mentality our squad is.

What seemed like it would be an uphill battle several months ago, in hindsight appears to have been more than manageable.

How many "must win" matches did we lose? Yet we're still here. It's maddening. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

Why? They are awful and have achieved less points then either of us. Whoever stays up will deserve it for being slightly less terrible than the others.

I think they've been buggered by the rearranged fixture schedule. 

20 hours ago, Manwë said:

It'd be typical Wednesday to be 2-0 down in the 90th minute and then get 3 goals from 3 corners before the final whistle.

Typical Wednesday that.

Standard derby mugs crapping themselves without making any sense

2 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Have you listened to Wayne Rooney on Tv though? Pretty obvious to me why Derby are EVEN worse than us and why we will probably beat them this weekend. 

The bloke can’t even string a sentence together

He’s as thick as mince

• Haha 1

It’s sad to see a great footballer so out of his depth. In a way, he needs Derby to be relegated so they can fire him and he can quietly slide off into retirement. 

Sheffield Wednesday and Derby County. Two basket case football clubs. 
But which is worst?

Only one way to find out……

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, alfonso123 said:

Put it this way, if I could choose one team to play against in a final day relegation decider, that team would be us.

I agree, we go behind we lose. Interesting to note however, that we are the form team among the three, which really does sum up the dreadful bottom three.