Official :6 English teams agree to Super League

7 minutes ago, scram said:

Yea i get that - but the clubs this is aimed at have the highest co-efficients of the lot

It's basically the free pass (or golden ticket that could never happen) for the biggest european clubs

Yeah the expansion of the champions league has gone through in the middle of this. Makes you skeptical of the whole esl thing but even then surely they wouldn't go to the lengths they have over the last 3 days just for the expansion of the champions league that was going through anyway?

From what I have read though so could be wrong is that 2 of the 4 extra places will go to the clubs with the highest coefficient who didn't qualify for the champions league but still qualified for Europe. So if the season finished now, Liverpool and Chelsea would go into the champions league instead of the Europe league but if they did finish in the top 4 instead of west ham and Leicester it would probably be 2 clubs from a different league

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sheffield_dave said:

It will have been years in the making. They didn’t decide to do it 2 days ago for the laugh did they.

The heat on them has been nuclear and its spooked them. 

Let’s see what else these snakes work on behind the scenes to present to us a flaming bag of sh*te in 5 years time.

Gilt edged super funding..pre-emptive legal moves.

Years in the planning?

What a load of halfwits.

It's no way to run a coupe de grace.:tango:

Been building for years. Sky are to blame for paying huge sums for the rights, fans gullible enough to pay to watch. Players wages go through the roof. Then transfer fees become ridiculous. This is why we have got to this point. I really hope fans treat this as a warning and take a proper stand but I doubt it. Come the summer they will want to spend big to bring some average players in. Hope I'm wrong.

• Like 4

Guest Grandad

6 UK Super League clubs: "We don't care what you do to us, we're joining this League"
Boris: "We'll cancel the work permits for UK based foreign players"

6 UK Super League clubs: "Ohshit" #ESL

Is there anything Boris can't do? Fixed Brexit, fixed Covid, now fixed the ESL.

Best Prime Minister ever

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

Gilt edged super funding..pre-emptive legal moves.

Years in the planning?

What a load of halfwits.

It's no way to run a coupe de grace.:tango:

It did seem odd timing - maybe over the close season things would have been less heated but with matches still going on and the CL/Europa league reaching the final stages it seemed an illogical time to do this

I think a lot will be learned from this though - the next stage will be to convince the clubs to leave their national league full time and join  a new structure

I couldn't see any way this ESL could run alongside existing UEFA sanctioned competitions with clubs competing in both

Be interesting to see if the breakaway group signed legally binding contracts that they have to extract themselves from

• Like 1