Official :6 English teams agree to Super League

1 minute ago, scram said:

It did seem odd timing - maybe over the close season things would have been less heated but with matches still going on and the CL/Europa league reaching the final stages it seemed an illogical time to do this

I think a lot will be learned from this though - the next stage will be to convince the clubs to leave their national league full time and join  a new structure

I couldn't see any way this ESL could run alongside existing UEFA sanctioned competitions with clubs competing in both

Be interesting to see if the breakaway group signed legally binding contracts that they have to extract themselves from

Maybe.

I would think that players not wanting to be dragged around the world might have something to do with it.

Or political leaders and partys having "associations" with huge media corporations.

Maybe.

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

6 UK Super League clubs: "We don't care what you do to us, we're joining this League"
Boris: "We'll cancel the work permits for UK based foreign players"

6 UK Super League clubs: "Ohshit" #ESL

Is there anything Boris can't do? Fixed Brexit, fixed Covid, now fixed the ESL.

Best Prime Minister ever

How brown is it?

1 minute ago, scram said:

It did seem odd timing - maybe over the close season things would have been less heated but with matches still going on and the CL/Europa league reaching the final stages it seemed an illogical time to do this

I think a lot will be learned from this though - the next stage will be to convince the clubs to leave their national league full time and join  a new structure

I couldn't see any way this ESL could run alongside existing UEFA sanctioned competitions with clubs competing in both

Be interesting to see if the breakaway group signed legally binding contracts that they have to extract themselves from

This will have scared them off, they are in disarray and would be very nervous and lack trust in each other going forward.

8 minutes ago, Grandad said:

6 UK Super League clubs: "We don't care what you do to us, we're joining this League"
Boris: "We'll cancel the work permits for UK based foreign players"

6 UK Super League clubs: "Ohshit" #ESL

Is there anything Boris can't do? Fixed Brexit, fixed Covid, now fixed the ESL.

Best Prime Minister ever

100,000 dead isn't fixing, its mismanagement. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

BREAKING - Daniel Levy has shot himself in his office.

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

He missed

Hit the trophy cabinet. 

Nothing was damaged. 

• Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Hope the PL come down hard on all 6 of them. Make them all start with a 20 point deduction next season and see how many of them qualify for the champions league the following season. 

They need to do it this season for me. Remove them from Europe for next season.

Edited by Maddogbob