Official :6 English teams agree to Super League

10 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Absolutely Spot on.And they're all owned by US Billionaires except Liverpool which is owned by FSG.

.........and who owns FSG? lol

Thankfully the Govt. have announced that it's review into the game will still go ahead so some good may come out of this sorry mess after all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know how these 6 six owners here can carry on tbh...they have been planning this for a good while, planning to desert the PL and stab their own fans in the back for their own greed, no wonder Ed Woodward has resigned.

Be interesting to see what happens at Liverpool because the scoucers are a very close nit set of people and any attack on them and they stick together like glue.

3 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

I don't know how these 6 six owners here can carry on tbh...they have been planning this for a good while, planning to desert the PL and stab their own fans in the back for their own greed, no wonder Ed Woodward has resigned.

Be interesting to see what happens at Liverpool because the scoucers are a very close nit set of people and any attack on them and they stick together like glue.

This is the second time in 12 months they have tried to leverage the COVID situation to try and pull something like this.

Do they have a third attempt in them?  Hopefully not.

1 minute ago, Utah Owl said:

.........and who owns FSG? lol

Thankfully the Govt. have announced that it's review into the game will still go ahead so some good may come out of this sorry mess after all.

Great point. Also 100 + years of English Footballing Heritage would have vanished at a stroke and replaced with the the US Sporting Model of Closed Shops and Franchises just like the NFL , MLB , NBA etc had the ESL succeeded.

2 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

This is the second time in 12 months they have tried to leverage the COVID situation to try and pull something like this.

Do they have a third attempt in them?  Hopefully not.

Hopefully it's too late and the Govt will now intervene as football is clearly incapable of governing itself properly.

46 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

I think the only way it could be done, would be to make It law that when a club changes hands, 51% of the club has to be gifted to the fans. As part of the purchase.

5 year limit on that (gives owners time to sell) after that 5 year limit 51% of shares have to be transferred to fans if the club hasn't changed hands.

Doesn't make purchasing clubs a very attractive proposition though does it?

Spend a billion quid to immediately lose over half of it and not even have a controlling stake

But where that would severely impact is further down the leagues where clubs aren't as attractive a proposition to start with

If FIFA/UEFA were serious about ‘fit and proper owners’, they should be looking at how these supposed big-hitters have managed to rack up 1.5bn of debt while hoovering up the majority of tv, prize and merchandise money.  If they were really serious they would find a way of removing those in charge because they’re clearly really, really, shiit at their jobs and a clear and present danger to the existence of these historic clubs.

• Like 4

I don't reckon this is over, not by a long shot. Real Madrid and Barcelona are still in a lot of debt, as are a lot of the clubs. The bubble is still vastly inflated and they will still need to do something. I reckon Real Madrid and Man Utd will just look worldwide for clubs. 

Just now, owl_83 said:

I don't reckon this is over, not by a long shot. Real Madrid and Barcelona are still in a lot of debt, as are a lot of the clubs. The bubble is still vastly inflated and they will still need to do something. I reckon Real Madrid and Man Utd will just look worldwide for clubs. 

Tbf, Man U and Liverpool bugger off, I'd laugh my c0ck of

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, owl_83 said:

They need the big 'brands' though or it won't work.

Not much of an 'Elite Soccer League' if most of the big clubs aren't in it.