Loan signings

The situation we were in - ie minus 12 points, skint , and favourites to go down left us picking at scraps really. Brown had a good season with Luton but all had fitness issues to some degree. 

we were only really able to pick up the dregs in the market and it has shown 

18 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

The situation we were in - ie minus 12 points, skint , and favourites to go down left us picking at scraps really. Brown had a good season with Luton but all had fitness issues to some degree. 

we were only really able to pick up the dregs in the market and it has shown 

I don't think this is necessarily true. We weren't flush with cash but there are good signings out there to be made on frees. 

I don't think any of the fans are surprised at how little Dunkley had played this season. 

I don't think any of the fans are surprised to see Patterson playing much better not starting as a Centre Forward (not necessarily a bad signing, but signed to play the wrong position) 

We let Kieran Lee go when he's perfect cover for the always injured Luongo.

It wasn't the pond we were fishing in it was coz our transfer business was totally deranged. A lot of quality players go on frees and It's going to be even more of a free for all this summer. 

• Like 1

In all fairness plenty were in favour of all those signings when they happened.

Recruiting with a 12 deduction wouldn’t have been easy. 

Marriott and Brown have both really disappointed. In fairness to Flint, take away the injury and I think he would have been brilliant. He had a shocker yesterday, still someone you want in the trenches, same can’t be said for Marriott, Brown and many others in the team. 

Flint was a good idea and should have worked out better but as usual injury reared it’s ugly head. 
Brown looks like it was a gamble and could have worked out but really really hasn’t. 
Mariott. Every time he’s been on the pitch he’s been absolutely rubbish. That said I did look at his goals from L1 and he clearly isn’t as bad a player as he has been since he came to us. God knows what’s gone wrong with this one. 

All signings are a punt to some degree and loans are even more speculative. Murphy was great last season but even he took time to settle in. It’s a tough job to get right. We were desperate, we gambled. We lost. 

• Like 1

Flint - one of the better centre halves in the division over the last 5 years. Really pleased when we signed him. Injuries happen, unfortunate for us but helped Osaze get more game time. 

Brown - impressed for Luton last season. Wasnt he in the top 3 'chances created' or whatever the stat is last season. Great on paper. Just seems to be a bit of a wrong'un who didn't think he was signing up for a relegation scrap. 

Marriott - again, decent on paper. The fact Derby didn't want him should have waved a few red flags though. Has been shambolic really but would probably do a job in league 1. 

16 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

Flint was arguably our best defender at the time wasn’t he? Self inflicted by Monk pushing a bloke who’d barely played in 9 months into about 5 games in 3 weeks. 

Wasn't it more to do with idiots getting red cards leaving him no option but to play him

• Like 1