Loan signings

decent loan signings are all about getting in early and having good contacts and a GOOD REPUTATION FOR DEVELOPING PLAYERS.

Can you just imagine if your the manager/head of youth at a prem club with a number of highly talented youngsters your wanting to send out on loan, and you get a call from Wednesday? yeah but no thanks, bye. 

18 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

If Urhoghide only wanted 4-5k a week I think the deal would already be done. 

His agent is probably telling he can get him at least double that to leave on a free transfer.

Its wont be a lot more he is a young kid starting out in the game.

When you see how much we have wasted this season on loans, add to that the salaries of Dunkley, Kachunga, Pelupessy, Westwood, Odabajo, JVA, Luongo etc we are wasting millions on rubbish or players who are never fit but we will allow good young talent such as Urhoghide, Shaw, Hunt, Brennan, Galvin all to leave for the sake of a few grand a week. They won't be asking for much more.

BUT that would make them the best paid for their age group excuse.

Honest Question which Owls player under 20 actually was the best paid in our history and how much were they on - my money is on Richie Humphreys back in 1994/95 when he broke onto the scene. How much did the club offer G Hirst and how much did he want. We never seem to get the truth from anyone at the club or ex players. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, marshy said:

Flint for me was decent. Sad that he went back.

We sign an aging centre back, who had not played for 6 months, then played him in back to back games and was surprised he got injured.

I do wonder about the manager and coaches we have at the club - its not exactly rocket science what was going to happen to an older player with no match fitness.

16 hours ago, the mighty wednesday said:

Free agent. He's our player. Not sure how long his contract is though.

I wouldn't rule him having an impact in our remaining games either. Building up fitness after drifting out of the game. Given a few minutes the other evening and an hour for the under 23's scoring a good goal before being withdrawn.... possibly with Saturday in mind. 

22 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

If Urhoghide only wanted 4-5k a week I think the deal would already be done. 

His agent is probably telling he can get him at least double that to leave on a free transfer.

+ 50% to the agent from the player and the New club, and the cheeky git will also send us an invoice too.

Agent's = parasite's

I cannot understand why any one would use them and pay for the privilege!!!.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, room0035 said:

Its wont be a lot more he is a young kid starting out in the game.

When you see how much we have wasted this season on loans, add to that the salaries of Dunkley, Kachunga, Pelupessy, Westwood, Odabajo, JVA, Luongo etc we are wasting millions on rubbish or players who are never fit but we will allow good young talent such as Urhoghide, Shaw, Hunt, Brennan, Galvin all to leave for the sake of a few grand a week. They won't be asking for much more.

BUT that would make them the best paid for their age group excuse.

Honest Question which Owls player under 20 actually was the best paid in our history and how much were they on - my money is on Richie Humphreys back in 1994/95 when he broke onto the scene. How much did the club offer G Hirst and how much did he want. We never seem to get the truth from anyone at the club or ex players. 

Dunno. Humphreys a good shout. 

Urhoghide has performed at a level probably better than most senior pros we have on 10-15k a week for the last year now, basically. Forget his age. he is a first team player and if we want to keep him we have to pay him what his agent will be telling us and him he can get him elsewhere.

Hirst fair enough. he had proved nothing and if he was demanding 10-15k a week then good on us for not giving into him. However we should have accepted the offer we had on the table for him though.

With Shaw he just impressed a bit to quickly and as soon as Celtic showed an interest that was us done.

But with Urhoghide. We should be saying here, here's a 4 year deal at 12-15k a week. Stay with us. He has proved he is capable of it.

Much rather he has it than a mercenary loan signing in the summer who will probably be on the treatment table all year.

11 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Dunno. Humphreys a good shout. 

Urhoghide has performed at a level probably better than most senior pros we have on 10-15k a week for the last year now, basically. Forget his age. he is a first team player and if we want to keep him we have to pay him what his agent will be telling us and him he can get him elsewhere.

Hirst fair enough. he had proved nothing and if he was demanding 10-15k a week then good on us for not giving into him. However we should have accepted the offer we had on the table for him though.

With Shaw he just impressed a bit to quickly and as soon as Celtic showed an interest that was us done.

But with Urhoghide. We should be saying here, here's a 4 year deal at 12-15k a week. Stay with us. He has proved he is capable of it.

Much rather he has it than a mercenary loan signing in the summer who will probably be on the treatment table all year.

There is no way players are anywhere near £10-15k a week your saving that each play is on at least £500-750k a year.