Izzy Brown

Guest Therealrealist
12 hours ago, bladeshater said:

I said when we signed this lad what a good signing a proper footballer how wrong was i

And I said at the time he’s more interested in social media 5hen being a footballer...how right was i

Spoiler

The evidence that he could be an effective player was there for all to see. The facts ( when he signed) were extremely encouraging. So what went wrong?

Well we could start with all the ridiculous changes in management at Hillsborough. 

Unfortunately too many people prefer to just write him off.

Given his previous season he had to be worth a chance.. but then you have to embrace the talent and fit the player into your system like we did with Rhodes.. oh hold on he’s a failure too cause he’s useless.. or at least many would have you believe. 

858242D2-9AB5-4E9D-8C29-D228229E0424.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mister Soul said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The evidence that he could be an effective player was there for all to see. The facts ( when he signed) were extremely encouraging. So what went wrong?

Well we could start with all the ridiculous changes in management at Hillsborough. 

Unfortunately too many people prefer to just write him off.

Given his previous season he had to be worth a chance.. but then you have to embrace the talent and fit the player into your system like we did with Rhodes.. oh hold on he’s a failure too cause he’s useless.. or at least many would have you believe. 

858242D2-9AB5-4E9D-8C29-D228229E0424.png

Perhaps the more relevant stats are that despite being good for Luton, he only managed to start 17 games for them in a full season. Which in comparison to his previous seasons is a lot of starts. 

He has never started more than 17 games in a season for anyone in his career so far and the fact he hasn't managed to find a club that would take him for more than a season or take him on a permanent contract is telling. 

Getting sent off in the last 10 minutes of an under 23 academy derby when already 3-0 down sums up his season, taking to Twitter and talking nonsense having been drawn to distraction on the pitch by a 17 year old is sadly par for the course it seems.

Doubtless someone else will have a go at taking on a chunk of his £25K per week wages next season. Good luck to them. 

As a football fan, all you want s for the players to give it their best when they are on the field, clearly this lad has let the club down on that front, if he put as much thought into playing and practising corners as he did his tweets then it may have been a different story.

• Like 1

Guest FoxOwl12

It's not just him is it. There are at least another half a dozen just going through the motions, with Reach at the top of the list.

I’ll not judge any attacking player on what they’ve achieved or not achieved with us this season. They’ve hardly been given a platform to shine have they? I’m sure like many of this group, he’ll do just fine next season. 

Was pleased we signed him under the -12 circumstances. But the warning signs were there given a lack of starts at Luton. The balance between having clear ability and getting him playing regularly the puzzle to be solved.

I could see likenesses to him and Mcgugan when he first played here. But I didn’t mean the strolling about!

8 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Perhaps the more relevant stats are that despite being good for Luton, he only managed to start 17 games for them in a full season. Which in comparison to his previous seasons is a lot of starts. 

He has never started more than 17 games in a season for anyone in his career so far and the fact he hasn't managed to find a club that would take him for more than a season or take him on a permanent contract is telling. 

Getting sent off in the last 10 minutes of an under 23 academy derby when already 3-0 down sums up his season, taking to Twitter and talking nonsense having been drawn to distraction on the pitch by a 17 year old is sadly par for the course it seems.

Doubtless someone else will have a go at taking on a chunk of his £25K per week wages next season. Good luck to them. 

No doubt he’s got some growing up to do. But in terms of ability, it’s in there somewhere. Maybe he’s a person that needs constant nurturing from a strong manager.

On 28/03/2021 at 09:24, Jim said:

It just hasn’t worked out for whatever reason but that said if a player isn’t given a fair run in the team to show what they can do then what do you expect?

And this is a theme that has run through our entire season. In a nutshell we’ve been badly managed and Monk, Pulis and Thompson have to take some responsibility for this? It’s far too early to judge and blame Moore for his part in this season as he could still turn it around?

Same as quite a few others over the last few years. We sign players technically OK that like the ball on the deck, or with Rhodes quick outs winging  crosses away from the goalkieeper from our wingers. 

Then proceed to play all out defensive hoofball. 

For me he's never looked fully fit or interested, but part of that may have been our managers awful style of footballl. As for Moore, he probably thinks he isn't fit enough. 

4 hours ago, FoxOwl12 said:

It's not just him is it. There are at least another half a dozen just going through the motions, with Reach at the top of the list.

Reach is just out of form. he always puts in the effort in running, if not in bravery. 

• Like 1

The whole situation has really turned in a big old waste of money with plenty of bad feeling thrown in for good measure!

Brown has been a terrible sub but when he started both early on and even against Luton he was actually pretty decent. Luton game went bad but he wasn’t to blame for that. The corner against Rotherham was a shocker but you can’t really say that a reason to not play him ever again. 
He does have technical ability but needs playing to get fit. But if we get him fit and firing on all cylinders then all we do is put more money in Chelsea’s pockets by increasing his value. The underpinning problem is the ownership model where clubs own dozens of players that will never get into their side. Brown is already financially comfortable so I were him I’d turn down any offer Chelsea give him and get himself to a club where he can be their main man, even if that’s in L1. If he doesn’t give a monkeys about his career then just take the Chelsea money and coast until your career is over in about 4 or 5 years time. In any event his time here has been a disaster. 

When we signed him my Brighton supporting in-laws laughed and said “yeah he’s a good player, when he can actually be bothered to play and he’s not either on the floor or sharing a joke with the opposition, so good luck”.  

Unfortunately they were correct with their assessment.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 /6/ 14

Jose Mourinho says that if Lewis Baker, Izzy Brown and Dominic Solanke don't play for England, blame him!

Well, I wouldn't personally blame Mourinho, but I blame the Chelsea system for creating players like Izzy Brown.

They have made him think he is better than he is, by giving him lucrative contracts that don't match his ability or progress.

Quite frankly,  Chelsea have killed any ambition the likes of Baker and Brown and many others ever had.

They are rich beyond their dreams, contracted to a club with Chelsea's standards and facilities, and have played for England at some level. Anything else is a downward slope now.  They go out on loan and do a half hearted job, knowing they are ultimately being paid Chelsea wages. 

I think Lewis Baker is killing time in Turkey this season. It feels like 10 seasons ago when he underwhelmed with us. 

Solanke at least is trying to do something with his career, after having 4 or 5 awful seasons with Chelsea, Liverpool and Bournemouth, but still managing to play for England based on his England U21 form. 

TL,DR - Izzy Brown has absolutely no interesting in playing for us and it shows. He thinks we are beneath him. He's got a shock coming next season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

TL,DR - Izzy Brown has absolutely no interesting in playing for us and it shows. He thinks we are beneath him. He's got a shock coming next season. 

Totally agree with the post right up to this bit. I don’t know if Brown does have a shock coming. I think he should get out of the Chelsea system but probably won’t. He’ll resign for them and turn up at another Championship club who are prepared to roll the dice on him or some overseas club. At some point there will be a limit put on how many unused squad players a team can have but until then this stupidity will continue.