Izzy Brown

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Sam Hutchinson gets sent off "It's because he cares" 
Izzy Brown gets sent off "It's because he doesn't care"

Yep, that's exactly it! 

:ghoulguy:

It seems to me for some reason Brown is being held up as some example/barometer of how bad this season and recent recruitment in particular?

I think this is a tad unfair on the lad. I think everyone at the club has to take some responsibility for the above? It hasn’t been good enough and they all know that.

Let’s see what the last nine games bring as the finish to the season will be the barometer for the expected fallout from the supporters?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jim said:

It seems to me for some reason Brown is being held up as some example/barometer of how bad this season and recent recruitment in particular?

I think this is a tad unfair on the lad. I think everyone at the club has to take some responsibility for the above? It hasn’t been good enough and they all know that.

Let’s see what the last nine games bring as the finish to the season will be the barometer for the expected fallout from the supporters?

He is reportedly on £25K a week at Chelsea. We will be paying a fair share of that.

He has made a total of 4 starts this season and in the 20 appearances he has made we have won 3 times, one of which when he came on in the last 5 minutes. 

Yes there are many who have a responsibility for how bad we have been this season but pointing out that Brown has been a huge disappointment is not pinning it all on him. 

One of my mates is a luton fan. When we signed him his view was he is a very talented player but he is lazy and has a shocking attitude. After a season with us I think most of us agree. Why didn’t Monk know? 

20 minutes ago, Plonk said:

One of my mates is a luton fan. When we signed him his view was he is a very talented player but he is lazy and has a shocking attitude. After a season with us I think most of us agree. Why didn’t Monk know? 

To be fair to Monk he acknowledged the gamble when we signed him, and challenged Brown to finally kick his career on.

It’s his last year at Chelsea, so he should be running through walls to prove at the very least he’s a Championship player. But, as said earlier in the thread, he seems more interested in how he looks on social media than on a football pitch. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

To be fair to Monk he acknowledged the gamble when we signed him, and challenged Brown to finally kick his career on.

It’s his last year at Chelsea, so he should be running through walls to prove at the very least he’s a Championship player. But, as said earlier in the thread, he seems more interested in how he looks on social media than on a football pitch. 

That's the impression you get with so many players,  is it the money what spoils them?  I would assume that they are accustomed to living a certain lifestyle and unless they are very talented in other fields they are going to take one hell of a "wage cut" if they don't run through brick walls to maintain that standard. 

If I was a player in his position I would be banging on the manager's door telling him the virtues of playing me.  100% effort, willing to put the managers tactics into operation etc.

Why you would meekly give up the opportunity of playing football for as long as you can at the highest standard you can?

He has the talent to take over from Bannan. 

Baffling.

• Like 1

Guest Smackavolley
11 hours ago, Plonk said:

More to the point, why didn’t Gary Monk know that Jack Marriott is a big pile of poo.

Izzy Brown is Ronaldo compared to this guy.

Izzy brown has had a couple of bad injuries in his career. I think he’s lost his bottle.

Fine lines at this level. 

11 hours ago, Plonk said:

Agree except haven't seen the talent yet.