Barnsley - V - Wednesday OMDT

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

The form guide suggest we will get battered. 

It'll be worse than that. We'll be the better team and dingles will score near the end and beat us. 

We might have a decent 10 minute spell if we are lucky , barnsley will get an early goal and roll us over with ease I think 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, Lombardo said:

COVID jab done. The jabber did mention something about a small tail

Nothing to worry about but you might develop a severe headache followed by a bout of depression about 5pm, but have a drink of Elev8 and it’ll soon pass.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Quality omdt as per. Slight typo I hope, for suckling pig read; sucking, but we're a lamb to the slaughter, a bull to the ring or a baby wildebeest to a croc regardless.

I now fully expect us to lose, so anything else would be a pleasant surprise.

No other way to view it now.

UTO as a supporting phrase. It ain't about our direction of travel, that's for sure! :biggrin:

• Love 2

Got my jab tomorrow at 8.30am so can't drink much tonight. Not an easy thing to do after one of our games. Absolute pasting today for us, its been over for a while now and the players know it. Some of em probably care, can't tell who though.

I'll look for our score at some point today but I honestly don't care either way. 

That statement above should terrify DC but it won't because he has no clue. 

• Love 2

Thanks MiLord, bright spot as usual.

Quick glance through the thread shows a few points requiring clarification

It's a suckling pig

The jab doesn't hurt

Collinding mostly happens to L**ds players

The fat lady is Brunnhilde

All the stuff about us being rubbish and going to get pasted is however accurate.

• Love 2

2 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Got my jab tomorrow at 8.30am so can't drink much tonight. Not an easy thing to do after one of our games. Absolute pasting today for us, its been over for a while now and the players know it. Some of em probably care, can't tell who though.

I'll look for our score at some point today but I honestly don't care either way. 

That statement above should terrify DC but it won't because he has no clue. 

They told me not to drink two days before,and two weeks after.something to do with alcohol affecting the vaccine.

• Love 2

Just now, devonshire owl said:

They told me not to drink two days before,and two weeks after.something to do with alcohol affecting the vaccine.

Opposite of watching Wednesday then, where your need drink for two days before and a fortnight after.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Nobody has told me anything about my jab other than to turn up at 1:30.

I’m hoping its an Astra Zenica one. Just to prove there’s nothing wrong with it.

Please feel free to share the irony if someone has to start a RIP theowlsman thread. No flowers please. I suffer with hay fever and you’d be taking the pish.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, devonshire owl said:

Quick Google shows that indeed there is official advice around about laying off the sauce. I hadn't heard that. Thanks 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Glad you mention that. Prompted me to learn something new.

Apparently there are several competing plausible theories. Some say it’s from baseball, where a fat lady supporter of (possibly) the Brooklyn Dodgers would sing at the end of a match.

Others think it relates to the final scene in Verdi’s opera The Valkyrie, where the large heroine Brunhilde finally meets her love, Tristan.

Ive even seen one where Al Capone used to say it to his flunkies when they got restless at the end of operas when Capone became a fan of them. (Reminds me - if anyone hasn’t watched Boardwalk Empire get watching it! Brilliant. And Stephen Graham as Al Capone is just outstanding and seriously scary).

Thanks for clearing that up for me. And yes, Boardwalk Empire is brilliant. 

• Like 2