Barnsley - V - Wednesday OMDT

So what we going for today?

What embarrassment are our lads going to serve up this time?

Man sent off?

Own goal?

Are we going to get battered?

Are we going to take the lead then collapse like a house of cards?

Last minute heartache?

Edited by Django
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Django said:

So what we going for today?

What embarrassment are our lads going to serve up this time?

Man sent off?

Own goal?

Are we going to get battered?

Are we going to take the lead then collapse like a house of cards?

Last minute heartache?

I think we will see players collinding into each other 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

F*** it

Im going for a comprehensive 3-0 win

Bannan screamer from 30 yard

Tom Lees steaming in to head in the 2nd like some sort of Llera/Reda hybrid from a Pelupessy comer 

Then in the 93rd minute Adam Reach will beat 2 men and deliver a sublime ball for Jack Marriott to slide in at the back post to make it 3

• Love 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Skip said:

Great stuff, Citizen Snooty. 

Look, there's 10 games left, that's 30 points. Watford will stuff Brum, it's not over until some fat bird sings or something, I never quite understood, but anyway... 

my missus is singing in the shower, so consider it over

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Skip said:

Great stuff, Citizen Snooty. 

Look, there's 10 games left, that's 30 points. Watford will stuff Brum, it's not over until some fat bird sings or something, I never quite understood, but anyway... 

Glad you mention that. Prompted me to learn something new.

Apparently there are several competing plausible theories. Some say it’s from baseball, where a fat lady supporter of (possibly) the Brooklyn Dodgers would sing at the end of a match.

Others think it relates to the final scene in Verdi’s opera The Valkyrie, where the large heroine Brunhilde finally meets her love, Tristan.

Ive even seen one where Al Capone used to say it to his flunkies when they got restless at the end of operas when Capone became a fan of them. (Reminds me - if anyone hasn’t watched Boardwalk Empire get watching it! Brilliant. And Stephen Graham as Al Capone is just outstanding and seriously scary).

• Like 1
  • Love 2

If nothing else, we are a source of tragi-comedy. I can't ever remember laughing at our players before, but Harris' skyrocket into row Z and Pelupessy's sublime pass to our invisible forward midweek had me laughing like a deranged comedy villain. I hope slapstick Sheffield Wednesday win by the most outrageous flukes today, cause that is probably the only way we'll get a result. FFS!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Don’t know how you do it Snoots. One of the funniest yet in stark contrast to the misery of our team and club.

Your point about not having Xl players that can play one system is spot-on., though IMO 352 is by far the least bad fit. If you don’t own a LB four at the back simply cannot work. 

I enter most matchdays with optimism. Not today.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Superb once again Snoots, always a weekly highlight is your OMDT. 

What a swift decline it's been since. It's been written a thousand times but I still find it remarkable we have gone from play off finalists to relegation fodder in such a short period of time. 

A rudderless ship bumping from one mini disaster to another.

However. We are Sheffield. We are proud Yorkshiremen. We'll take it as we know we'll be back fighting once we can get a new ship captain and some new lads in to repair the rudder and maybe some new lads in the engine room while we're at it. 

I like Barnsley, used to live close by, so I hope they do well and go up. Not today however, hope we beat them but good luck to them this season. 

UTO

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Great post once more, usually the highlight of match day.

Another match day, another game where we all feel not to expect much. Many would take a draw, can’t afford another embarrassment. 

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm dishing out the love hearts this morning to all you that turn up here every match day to share your thoughts on the beloved club.

Our fanaticism for this club is the shining light this season.

Excellent post again Milord. Made me chortle.

If I may, I’d like to hand you your very own love heart to sum up what I think is the possibility of a positive result for our troupe of demotivated misfits today.

0C9FAC1C-1B4B-4869-9F07-66F43E192B08.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2