Ravel Morrison

Guest Therealrealist
14 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Tbh if we sign him now then he’s sent away over the summer with a fitness regime set by our coaches to keep up with and standards he’s got to meet when he returns to pre season training. Rather than bring him in during pre season and have him playing catch up.

I get what you’re saying but do you risk a team like Charlton picking him up in pre season & have him end up having a blinding season. 

Deffo the sort of player to stick to a summer fitness regime..theres no way he would scarper off back down to that london to give it large with his mates..then turn up for pre season a stone heavier 🙈

10 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Be peanuts. Just given Bannon a £3 million basic contract.

There is no dressing room spirit. We have 5 players on £30,000 per week.

Look at Kenny Burns track record, before Forest.

Kenny Burns?

A footballer who was 24 when he made an impact at Forest. You are basing your belief on the track record of one player from 40 years ago? 

Why do you think he will come good now? When was the last time he made an impact at any level? 

3 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Gross they are.

Who do you think pays their pension and social security contributions?

Lees, Bannan and Reach are on around 20-22k according to any sources I can find. Where are you getting your information from?

• Haha 1

Guest Mcguigan
1 hour ago, Kanye West said:

As FlyingOwl said, I listened to the podcast he did with Rio too and it could be a turning point for him if he settles in a club quite local to him and gets his head down. Is it a huge risk? Of course it is, but in reality if he does get his head down and takes the opportunity without p*ssing around he'd probably be the best player in League 1.

I was just wondering why you thought Moore could get the best out him, when others have tried and failed.

10 minutes ago, Beatpusher said:

ADO Den Haag cited technical reasons regarding his fitting into the system from what I'd heard, they praised his attitude and work rate (something other clubs have gone on the record to say the same)

https://talksport.com/football/815853/man-utd-ravel-morrison-ado-den-haag/

He's got a bad reputation from stupid mistakes as a kid, but from all accounts he's moved away from that crowd.

He was treated awfully by Allardyce at West Ham when he was on the verge of an England call up, for refusing to leave his agent to join the one representing Allardyce.
https://theathletic.co.uk/2442391/2021/03/15/why-is-the-fa-so-silent-about-the-ravel-morrison-sam-allardyce-row/

https://www.90min.com/posts/3882776-lazio-attacker-ravel-morrison-recorded-sam-allardyce-during-spat-over-money-and-agents

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/feb/15/ravel-morrison-west-ham-united-waste

I'm not sure how fit he is, but it's an area where we're short, and he's a good player. We have nothing to lose at this stage.

When was the last time he had a positive impact on any team?

Sign him up, give him a contract for next season, watch the effect it has on the dressing room as he ends up in the same situation he has done for the last 6 or 7 years of his career. 

Lets move away from gambles and start building a proper football team again. 

Guest Hornsby
2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'd rather our League One strategy focused on young players for the future, not someone who has had repeated failures and has done nothing for over half a decade. 

It does. Just walked outta door to Glasgow

Foxes before that.

You think Chansiri could formulate and implement a strategy after 4 managers this season?

Guest Hornsby
3 minutes ago, Minton said:

Lees, Bannan and Reach are on around 20-22k according to any sources I can find. Where are you getting your information from?

Nett. Add contributions for pension at 27% and social security at 7.5.

Guest Hornsby
6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Kenny Burns?

A footballer who was 24 when he made an impact at Forest. You are basing your belief on the track record of one player from 40 years ago? 

Why do you think he will come good now? When was the last time he made an impact at any level? 

Ibra 36, Murray 35.

Robertson, Feguson Duncan, Madine, Bowles, Gazza,  etc etc.

On here, Joao was finished once and a bad boy.

8 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

It does. Just walked outta door to Glasgow

Foxes before that.

You think Chansiri could formulate and implement a strategy after 4 managers this season?

I don't think signing a player who has not succeeded anywhere for 7 years will help! 

Just now, Hornsby said:

Ibra 36, Murray 35.

Robertson, Feguson Duncan, Madine, Bowles, Gazza,  etc etc.

On here, Joao was finished once and a bad boy.

You are comparing Zlatan and Glenn Murray to this potential signing? Tell me about the 7 years of consistently achieving nothing that they have had........

1 minute ago, Hornsby said:

Nett. Add contributions for pension at 27% and social security at 7.5.

27%?! The minimum contribution is 3% from 2019. 

https://www.thepensionsregulator.gov.uk/en/employers/managing-a-scheme/contributions-and-funding#d9863d32d08e432789c921bed8428527

But the players will probably be paid as freelancers (most likely as a Ltd company) so they will have to pay their own pensions and NI contributions. 

• Like 1

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

I don't think signing a player who has not succeeded anywhere for 7 years will help! 

We've got a team full of players who haven't succeeded here for going on 6 years, you're talking like this will upset the balance 🤣

• Love 1

Guest Hornsby
1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I ll back Moores thinking and experience and contacts against yours.

Just now, Gob_Bluth said:

We've got a team full of players who haven't succeeded here for going on 6 years, you're talking like this will upset the balance 🤣

Exactly what we should be moving away from then!