Ravel Morrison

Just now, Hornsby said:

I ll back Moores thinking and experience and contacts against yours.

Aah, back the manager, of course every decision every manager makes has been excellent, that's why we are where we are.

What about the manager of the last dozen or so clubs that have given Morrison a go, successful decisions? 

Can I also make the point that the last time we got promoted from league one, two of our most influential players were ‘absolute wrong’uns’.

Madine scored 19 goals with a questionable attitude, work ethic & was always out getting drunk and getting into scrapes.
Ben Marshall has recently admitted that he’d turn up to training still drunk from the night before after nights out with the likes of Madine.

Im not saying it’s a good thing. And I have my reservations about signing Morrison cos everything up to now points towards him not doing much for us. But footballers aren’t all absolute model professionals and, especially at the level we’re going to, beggars can’t be choosers. He’s talented & is fully self aware that he’s so far wasted that talent.

He’s worth a look at with a contract to the end of the season. 

Guest Hornsby
2 minutes ago, Minton said:

27%?! The minimum contribution is 3% from 2019. 

https://www.thepensionsregulator.gov.uk/en/employers/managing-a-scheme/contributions-and-funding#d9863d32d08e432789c921bed8428527

But the players will probably be paid as freelancers (most likely as a Ltd company) so they will have to pay their own pensions and NI contributions. 

Thats illegal.

Scam you suggest is only for image rights and our mob dont have a profile.

Ravel does though.

2 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Can I also make the point that the last time we got promoted from league one, two of our most influential players were ‘absolute wrong’uns’.

Madine scored 19 goals with a questionable attitude, work ethic & was always out getting drunk and getting into scrapes.
Ben Marshall has recently admitted that he’d turn up to training still drunk from the night before after nights out with the likes of Madine.

Im not saying it’s a good thing. And I have my reservations about signing Morrison cos everything up to now points towards him not doing much for us. But footballers aren’t all absolute model professionals and, especially at the level we’re going to, beggars can’t be choosers. He’s talented & is fully self aware that he’s so far wasted that talent.

he’s had so many chances with other clubs and they have all ended the same way. Why would that be different now. 

• Like 2

Guest Hornsby
3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Aah, back the manager, of course every decision every manager makes has been excellent, that's why we are where we are.

What about the manager of the last dozen or so clubs that have given Morrison a go, successful decisions? 

Why? Including Wilder?

Just now, Hornsby said:

Thats illegal.

Scam you suggest is only for image rights and our mob dont have a profile.

Ravel does though.

Scam? I'm a freelancer and I have to pay my own pension and NI. Employers only have to match a pension contribution if they are PAYE. Any player who is PAYE is an idiot as the tax implications are huge. 

And where did you get 27% from?

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Exactly what we should be moving away from then! 

What low cost talent who might make a high impact?

If he's low cost and he does nothing, we've lost nothing, if he succeeds it's a master stroke

Guest Hornsby
1 minute ago, Minton said:

Scam? I'm a freelancer and I have to pay my own pension and NI. Employers only have to match a pension contribution if they are PAYE. Any player who is PAYE is an idiot as the tax implications are huge. 

Thats what Uber thought until recent Court case. 

Market rate for footy players pensions.

Bet Ravels on play then pay.

1 minute ago, Gob_Bluth said:

What low cost talent who might make a high impact?

If he's low cost and he does nothing, we've lost nothing, if he succeeds it's a master stroke

How do you know he is low-cost? If he was to do OK this season we would likely offer him a longer contract and it is clear to see how well that has panned out for his previous clubs.

Why might he make a high impact? Why has he failed to make a high impact anywhere for 7 years but you think now is the time for him with us? 

Bizarre. 

Just now, Hornsby said:

Thats what Uber thought until recent Court case. 

Market rate for footy players pensions.

Bet Ravels on play then pay.

That's a totally different thing, uber lost the case for claiming their employees were freelancers.

Self-employed people pay their own pensions and own NI. This is a fact. I'm self-employed and it's what I have to do. The companies I work for don't pay jack sh*t. 

Players will be paid as self-employed or Ltd companies. 

You still haven't explained where you got the 27% figures from either. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Had Madine and Marshall been failures on the pitch for 7 years going through a string of clubs?

The comparisons and reasons being put forward for this as any kind of positive make no sense at all. 

6 minutes ago, Minton said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/10/tax-affairs-of-246-footballers-being-investigated-by-hmrc-in-2019-20

Players are employees and are taxed via PAYE. That is why HMRC debts often result in administration.

Image rights are being investigated for some players as they appear to be out of proportion to the player's wage or standing in the game.

9 minutes ago, Minton said:

FA Rules FA Rules C 1 (b), C1 (c) and C2 (b) require that: all payments to a player are made by the Club and fully recorded in the accounting records of the Club; all salaried payments to a player must be subject to PAYE and NI. This includes weekly wages, performance bonuses (win, points, goals scored etc, share of prize money), loyalty bonuses and signing on fees; where a player is paid expenses then payments are supported by an expenses claim form in a format acceptable to HMRC and that such forms are retained by the Club; all payments and or benefits due and or made to a contract player must be set out in a written agreement between the Club and the player and a copy provided to The FA; all amounts due to a contract player are set out in the contract and must be stated gross before the deduction of PAYE and National Insurance. all player contracts must be in the full name of the Club and state the company number if the Club is incorporated; contracts between a Club and a player must state that all amounts due are payable to the player and not to any company or any agency acting on behalf of the player (ie a player must be an employee of the Club and cannot be self employed).

RM's entire career history suggests this would be a disaster.

The only slight silver lining of our current predicament is the hope of a reset next season. New recruitment, up and coming young players, clear out the deadwood etc.

Step 1: sign Ravel Morrison...

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Madine was still pretty young and grown up in that North East culture. He got sent to jail and had to deal with the repercussions of his behaviour which made him "grow up". Its been a long time since I've heard of any off field shenanigans.

As for Ben Marshall some of my favourite players ever to wear the shirt we're complete beer monsters and party animals. Ravel is what 30 now, he's no kid if he was going to knuckle down and make something of his talent, surely someone would have managed to make that breakthrough by now with him. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

How do you know he is low-cost? If he was to do OK this season we would likely offer him a longer contract and it is clear to see how well that has panned out for his previous clubs.

Why might he make a high impact? Why has he failed to make a high impact anywhere for 7 years but you think now is the time for him with us? 

Bizarre. 

Talk about wetting the bed, he's not even signed yet.

He was play for ADO Den Haag in Holland, he won't have been on a massive wage there, he wouldn't be here

You do know that EVERY transfer in football comes with risk?

We've got a white elephant upfront who has cost the club probably the best part of 20 million quid over the years he was here and if you looked at his record before he'd signed you wouldn't be complaining

Literally every signing we could possibly make gets derided on here as useless 

Why not give the benefit of the doubt and see what he does based on actual time here, rather than rubbishing the guy before he's even signed, that's bizarre.

Is he likely to succeed, probably not.  

Might he succeed? Who knows, I'd rather be glass half full than glass half empty and get behind a player rather than deride him before he's even played a minute for the club

• Like 1
  • Haha 1