Ravel Morrison

16 minutes ago, Beatpusher said:

I've previously advocated signing him, he's got a great deal of talent, has turned his life around by all accounts, and his most recent brush with the law turned out to be a false accusation (proven by CCTV footage submitted on the first day of the trial).

Not sure how fit he'll be or if it's worth it for 10 games though...

Said to a mate yesterday about Simpson offer them a deal to the end of the season at something like a grand a game on a pay as you play deal than at the end of the season decide on what happens next. If they're any good most it will cost initially is 18k. If they're not 2k.

You’d like to hope he’s sorted himself out but he’s not exactly coming into a positive environment.

”If I can give him an opportunity I will do. But Ravel has got to do it himself hasn’t he”

-Neil Warnock

”I’m not interested in talking about him”

-Chris Wilder

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Beatpusher said:

I've previously advocated signing him, he's got a great deal of talent, has turned his life around by all accounts, and his most recent brush with the law turned out to be a false accusation (proven by CCTV footage submitted on the first day of the trial).

Not sure how fit he'll be or if it's worth it for 10 games though...

When did this happen?

He signed a contract to play for Ado Den Haag to the end of this season - and that got terminated recently. He may not be in trouble with the law but he can't even see out a season with a small Dutch club. 

14 minutes ago, mancowl08 said:

I feel like the only one on here who actually wants this signing to happen! 
Since Forestieri left we have had zero flair in the team. Nobody with a trick or a bit of imagination to open up defences. 
Football is an entertainment industry, I want to be entertained. This current side does not entertain me. 
No brainier for me, will be low cost and if it doesn’t work out, it won’t be nearly as bad as signing Adam Reach for £5 million! 

This 100%

16 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Give him chance.

What can we lose?

More money. Hardly likely to make whatever dressing room spirit there is better either based on his track record. 

If his wages were ridiculously low then I'd be up for it. 

Be far too good for the Championship nevermind League 1 if he put some effort in and got his head down. 

Would be up to him though - got all the ability, he'd need to accept his wages would reflect how he's done pretty much nothing his whole career. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

As FlyingOwl said, I listened to the podcast he did with Rio too and it could be a turning point for him if he settles in a club quite local to him and gets his head down. Is it a huge risk? Of course it is, but in reality if he does get his head down and takes the opportunity without p*ssing around he'd probably be the best player in League 1.

Can happen. Reminds me of a young lad who had huge talent but was a bit of a wrong un getting himself into bother on the training pitch and off. He played for a league club but was let go and ended up playing non-league football. Then he decided to turn his life around and ended up playing for England. Sometimes a little light turns on in the brain and the rest as they say is history.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

If it was for the final 10 games, then why the hell not. 

We're all but doomed so might as well throw the dice on a wildcard.

Anyone who signs now will want to do well to get in the shop window. 

Great to see how our out of contract players have all been busting a gut to put themselves in the shop window! 

18 minutes ago, mancowl08 said:

I feel like the only one on here who actually wants this signing to happen! 
Since Forestieri left we have had zero flair in the team. Nobody with a trick or a bit of imagination to open up defences. 
Football is an entertainment industry, I want to be entertained. This current side does not entertain me. 
No brainier for me, will be low cost and if it doesn’t work out, it won’t be nearly as bad as signing Adam Reach for £5 million! 

When was the last time this guy provided such entertainment on a professional football field? 

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

it won’t be nearly as bad as signing Adam Reach for £5 million! 

Adam Reach has played 200 games for Wednesday alone, that's nearly twice as much as Morrison has played his entire career.

And they're the same age.

• Like 2

I remember also Paddy Kenny talking about Adel Taraabt. Said he had an absolutely shocking attitude but the best player in the league and even if he didn’t turn up to training you just had to start him. 

Ravel on his A game would be the best player in league one & I think it’s a risk worth taking with the right man manager. Type of player who might go missing for 80 minutes but win you a game with one piece of magic. Also a bit of added motivation on his side if things ended so poorly at Sheff Utd.

Its completely up to him though. He’s said himself that it’s his fault that he’s not fulfilled his potential. Only he can sort himself out & I have my doubts that he ever fully will.

I just think it’s worth a risk.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't have a problem with Wednesday letting anyone train with us and have a look at them.

Seems a lot more sensible than just signing them without having a look first.

Think I have read some posters question his attitude, I guess in our position you have to take the odd calculated gamble on players.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FlyingOwl said:

I remember also Paddy Kenny talking about Adel Taraabt. Said he had an absolutely shocking attitude but the best player in the league and even if he didn’t turn up to training you just had to start him. 

Ravel on his A game would be the best player in league one & I think it’s a risk worth taking with the right man manager. Type of player who might go missing for 80 minutes but win you a game with one piece of magic. Also a bit of added motivation on his side if things ended so poorly at Sheff Utd.

Its completely up to him though. He’s said himself that it’s his fault that he’s not fulfilled his potential. Only he can sort himself out & I have my doubts that he ever fully will.

I just think it’s worth a risk.

Based on what?

When was the last time he made a positive contribution to a team? 

When was the last time he scored a goal?

You think he will turn around over half a decade of doing next to nothing at our basket case of a club?

Please no, lets start a fresh and build a future, not take needless risks like this.