Statement from Liam Shaw on move to Celtic

Very sad that we are losing him, perhaps If Chansiri had a clue about football he would have been signed to a deal here months ago. Gutting that next season Shaw could potentially be playing in Europe and we will be rotting in league one. All the best Liam, very talented player. 

I honestly think Scottish football is one of the worst leagues in Europe.  Only two good teams, both fighting for the bragging rights of the 17th century.

When he's taking on Ross Academia Hamilsmith on a Tuesday night in front of twenty people and it ends 6-0 without a sweat, I imagine he'll find it fun yet not pushing his skills much.  Not that league one is better, it's not, but I reckon his best chance will be on loan in England next season.  

Good luck to him and all that, but equally disappointed and understanding of his position.

Guest T Hardy
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

You do know how many players are leaving the club this summer tho right?

lol

Should we only play players who are staying? Is that what you're saying?

I think the ones who will at least have to fight for a contract somewhere, ideally.

I doubt that any one of us would have done anything different under the circumstances.

Who in their right mind would turn down an offer of better pay, conditions and a more respected employer. I bet most of us have, or would jump at the chance of improving our prospects and pay packets.

The only thing that leaves a bad taste is that we’ve become a club with a history of losing youngsters this way and the other clubs know it. Remember Hayden White, Sean Clare, George Hirst, and now Shaw. Probably Urhoghide next if the club can’t get its act together.The club’s failure to learn from history is abysmal.

• Like 1

Past caring. Thank the lad for his efforts and move on. 

We are quite low down on the football food chain. Clubs like Celtic can do this to clubs like us, at the minute. We need to do the same to clubs down the pyramid. That’s how it works. 

• Like 1

I wonder if DC will have the balls to admit to the fans what contract was offered to him.

Whether it was the best for his age group, that led to Hirst leaving, or the offer to Clare that led to him leaving, or like the offers that haven't been made to other good youngsters such as Hunt, Waldock, Urhoghide.

Instead we investigate where the club ducked this one up.

This week we’ve had rumours linking Rhodes, Reach and Harris away from the club.

Kidding ourselves if we think any of them will be arsed about keeping us up. If anything Shaw as a young lad making his way in the game born a Wednesday fan, he will give more of a poo than a lot of the well paid first team players who have let us down hugely this year.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This week we’ve had rumours linking Rhodes, Reach and Harris away from the club.

Kidding ourselves if we think any of them will be arsed about keeping us up. If anything Shaw as a young lad making his way in the game born a Wednesday fan, he will give more of a poo than a lot of the well paid first team players who have let us down hugely this year.

exactly my thoughts, these out of contract players aren’t going to be giving everything for us incase they get injured and scupper a move for next season. It really is a pathetic situation we are in. Wouldn’t surprise me at all is we lose every game until the end of the season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’m guessing he gives zero f**ks. He’ll definitely not want to pick up an injury so I doubt very much he’ll be giving 100%

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Manwë said:

I honestly think Scottish football is one of the worst leagues in Europe.  Only two good teams, both fighting for the bragging rights of the 17th century.

When he's taking on Ross Academia Hamilsmith on a Tuesday night in front of twenty people and it ends 6-0 without a sweat, I imagine he'll find it fun yet not pushing his skills much.  Not that league one is better, it's not, but I reckon his best chance will be on loan in England next season.  

Good luck to him and all that, but equally disappointed and understanding of his position.

Better than playing in League one though eh

Guest T Hardy
10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How do you know who those players are?

lol

Every player we have who is out of contract who hasn’t signed with another club yet 

Guest T Hardy
3 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I’m guessing he gives zero f**ks. He’ll definitely not want to pick up an injury so I doubt very much he’ll be giving 100%

Sums up what I think really. We can argue about how much out of contract players will care, and yeah maybe some of them won’t want to get injured, but they need a club, Shaw doesn’t 

1 minute ago, T Hardy said:

Sums up what I think really. We can argue about how much out of contract players will care, and yeah maybe some of them won’t want to get injured, but they need a club 

You think they've not already got one lined up?

In March?

If that was me I'd change my agent

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest T Hardy
7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You think they've not already got one lined up?

In March?

If that was me I'd change my agent

In 2021 this stuff always leaks.

This situation just sums up the state of our joke of a club, I cant see how anyone can blame Shaw for anything but he should have been offered a new contract far sooner and wouldn't then be in the situation of losing a young player, we've developed for next to nothing.

More importantly if he continues to develop he could have made a big impact to our team and it's results, with the potential of selling him on for a big fee.

I am getting totally despondent with our club and everything it does.

Edited by Spookone