Statement from Liam Shaw on move to Celtic

16 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Doubt it.

Celtic had signed Shaw without Wednesday's consent, so there is unlikely to be a sell/loan-back agreement in place.  We all know how Wednesday have acted (wrongly or rightly) against the likes of Hirst Jnr, so I doubt Shaw would be welcomed back.  He's currently dropped, possibly due to form or due to alleged criticism of the manager, or something else.

As @striker above says, "no thanks".  We would, yet again, be the creche for other clubs to develop their players that have little or no chance of making it in the top divisions.  We get the risk, they get the reward if there is one.    

I personally don’t think he’s played at a high level since signing pre contract at Celtic. I wasn’t impressed with how he performed against Swansea, going through the motions IMO. 

Shaw is a raw unfinished talent. I wouldn't be affording him the luxury of matches to improve. Ironically, I doubt Celtic will either. I think he was poorly advised to sign the pre contract and announce it before the end of the season. If the stuff about his dressing room bust up is true it would also sit with him being a bit of a dullard. Time will reveal all. 

Guest Hornsby
18 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Fior every Rogic there are dozens of youngsters that the big clubs take on that don't make it. 

Celtics developnent way ahead of Owls.

But so is Stocksbridge Steels.

22 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Fior every Rogic there are dozens of youngsters that the big clubs take on that don't make it. 

Aye. And surely that's Celtic's risk. And no slight on Liam Shaw for taking that gamble as well.

Not the kid's fault he's gone for peanuts.