Statement from Liam Shaw on move to Celtic

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

No, if a club like Celtic wanted him for first team they’d pay for a player in contract and the interest strengthens shaws position on a wage and release clause. He’d not be trapped here.

I guess he earns more money directly so I can understand it. But I’m not going to thank him for it  

I think we have been unlucky in the fact Shaw has started to look good in the last year of his contract that leaves the club in a terrible position.

I can see why he has signed for them though and not stayed with us. Its a big opportunity for him and he obviously believes in his own ability to be a first team player for them.

As you say though unfortunate to not get proper money for him.

• Like 2

Just now, T Hardy said:

Nah I’d rather keeping winding you up, it’s more fun how easily an opinion that isn’t yours upsets you 

lol

Winding me up ?

Look George...we know the move to Leicester hasn't really taken off for you, but jealousy will get you nowhere...
Come on....give us that smile.... you know you wanna ?   lol

9 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

If you ever wonder what led a delusional narcissist to spaff away all his inheritance ruining a football club on the other side of the world in the first place, look no further.

After everything that he's done, he's STILL got people lining up to polish his pole.

So that quote was used to state Shaw don’t do it for the money .. so that quote is either truth or lie! As he clearly states it’s not the money it’s the football so SWFC had zero chance of keeping him!

iI’s truth or lie but you guys are so warped by hatred it’s being used as both truth when used to protect shaw and lie when being used to blame DC..

Some of you need lockdown to be lifted soon and get back into the he real world.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

From a career perspective it’s a brilliant move for him. And it will be financially too.

As a fan I’m just incredibly disappointed that we’ve had our pants pulled down again. If the club was run correctly we would have got a pretty decent fee for him.

In truth I’m frustrated and a bit angry. It’s just shamble after shamble.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Guest T Hardy
1 minute ago, Tommycraign10others said:

Not due the logic in this.  People in all walks of life decide to leave an employers d work a period of notice.  Often helping to train a successor and hand over workloads. In other words trusted to continue to do their best.  Why do you think Liam Shaw will not give his best whenever picked.

Come on please don’t try and compare the world of football to real life, they’re universes apart.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

I think we have been unlucky in the fact Shaw has started to look good in the last year of his contract that leaves the club in a terrible position.

I can see why he has signed for them though and not stayed with us. Its a big opportunity for him and he obviously believes in his own ability to be a first team player for them.

As you say though unfortunate to not get proper money for him.

Agreed

• Thanks 1

Guest T Hardy
1 minute ago, quinnssweetshop said:

lol

Winding me up ?

Look George...we know the move to Leicester hasn't really taken off for you, but jealousy will get you nowhere...
Come on....give us that smile.... you know you wanna ?   lol

Sorry I’m still trying to “get over it.”

Just now, T Hardy said:

Come on please don’t try and compare the world of football to real life, they’re universes apart.

Sorry mate. They are people who are all trying to earn a living and have the same emotions as everyone else.  I am sorry your prejudice towards a young man making his way in the world could turn out the way it has 

Guest timrud

It will be interesting to see if he can get near there first team.

The last 'prospect' we lost to Scotland struggled with that standard of football - I hope for his sake the move doesn't ruin his chances of a good future in the game.

Guest T Hardy
1 minute ago, Tommycraign10others said:

Sorry mate. They are people who are all trying to earn a living and have the same emotions as everyone else.  I am sorry your prejudice towards a young man making his way in the world could turn out the way it has 

No prejudice at all - I’d be more than happy for the club to keep paying him, but just not involve him, I don’t think he’s what we need right now. Imagine the reaction on here if he has a bad game. And if we’re thinking it, what will his team mates think. Just another problem we don’t need. 

2 minutes ago, timrud said:

It will be interesting to see if he can get near there first team.

The last 'prospect' we lost to Scotland struggled with that standard of football - I hope for his sake the move doesn't ruin his chances of a good future in the game.

My guess is that he’ll go somewhere on a season long loan (next season). 

12 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

No, if a club like Celtic wanted him for first team they’d pay for a player in contract and the interest strengthens shaws position on a wage and release clause. He’d not be trapped here.

I guess he earns more money directly so I can understand it. But I’m not going to thank him for it  

Why would celtic  pay more when they can take advantage of our incompience and get him for next to nowt? 

2 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

No prejudice at all - I’d be more than happy for the club to keep paying him, but just not involve him, I don’t think he’s what we need right now. Imagine the reaction on here if he has a bad game. And if we’re thinking it, what will his team mates think. Just another problem we don’t need. 

You do know how many players are leaving the club this summer tho right?

lol

Should we only play players who are staying? Is that what you're saying?

Owlstalk Shop