Statement from Liam Shaw on move to Celtic

1 minute ago, T Hardy said:

I question the desire and heart of all our players at times, but in a relegation battle we can’t rely on an unproven youngster whose head has already gone and is thinking about his new club and contract, that’s obvious and a well worded statement from his agent doesn’t change that 

Just do what I do and pretend that (thanks to Chansiri) one of our assets is on loan to us for a bit. 

It’s fantastic. 

• Haha 1

Guest T Hardy
1 minute ago, Basement Jack said:

“Until the last kick of the season I will give my all” 

I believe every word of that

The lad clearly loves the club. 

I may be wrong but I don’t think this is not so much the case he wants to sign for Celtic but more the case he is terrified of staying at Wednesday. He may be young but he obviously knows what free-fall looks like

It’s all very sad

As for his future...
Celtic are in transition and that may go in his favour. His chance may come quicker than expected 

All the best kid

Don’t buy it. Just put out to try and stop some Twitter abuse 

2 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

At worst we have a squad of players who eventually will get their act together and fight for us because they’ll realise they’re in the shop window - this isn’t a motivator for Shaw 

Their shop window was last season. Most will have homes to go to already.

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I’m frustrated it’s not earnt the club any cash, which could have been avoided IMO. 

That's the clubs fault though Not Shaws. What's Shaw suppose to do wait till he is tied down to a 5 year deal before he starts playing well.

• Like 1

Guest T Hardy
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You don't think our players and their agents have already lined up and sorted them with new clubs? 

In March?

Just a few months before their contracts end?

Really?

Nope, I trust in 2021 when anything like that happens, a well connected journalist finds out or somebody leaks it as soon as it happens.

Guest T Hardy
1 minute ago, quinnssweetshop said:

He's leaving, get over it.

I’m over him leaving thank you, it doesn’t mean I have to say he’s great and wish him all the best, the best thing Wednesday can do is freeze him out 

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

That's the clubs fault though Not Shaws. What's Shaw suppose to do wait till he is tied down to a 5 year deal before he starts playing well.

No, if a club like Celtic wanted him for first team they’d pay for a player in contract and the interest strengthens shaws position on a wage and release clause. He’d not be trapped here.

I guess he earns more money directly so I can understand it. But I’m not going to thank him for it  

Whenever a player is the one who decides to leave a club, there's always an element who have to react like an immature first time jilted girlfriend. Even those who have been there for years or had great success can come in for this. 

As far as I'm concerned, Wednesday is not a good club to be at for many reasons and Celtic clearly offers Shaw opportunities he won't get here. Of course there are no guarantees, but that's life. No hard feelings from me.

• Like 5

Just now, T Hardy said:

I’m over him leaving thank you, it doesn’t mean I have to say he’s great and wish him all the best, the best thing Wednesday can do is freeze him out 

You seem a little sad. It's o.k. You'll get better.

Liam's gone. And to  a far better run club.

Come on..... you know you want to wish him well really.... let the hurt go....
Where's that smile ? come on..... ? eh ? lol

• Haha 1

Guest T Hardy
Just now, DJMortimer said:

Whenever a player is the one who decides to leave a club, there's always an element who have to react like an immature first time jilted girlfriend. Even those who have been there for years or had great success can come in for this. 

As far as I'm concerned, Wednesday is not a good club to be at for many reasons and Celtic clearly offers Shaw opportunities he won't get here. Of course there are no guarantees, but that's life. No hard feelings from me.

So you’d actively encourage players to leave us but I assume you’ll still invest a lot of time (and money?) following us?

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

No, if a club like Celtic wanted him for first team they’d pay for a player in contract and the interest strengthens shaws position on a wage and release clause. 

They don't need too mate

They spotted that we'd let his contract run out so jumped in and took advantage

Suck it up

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

14 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

Nice statement from his agent. 

Would put him on gardening leave now or in the reserves. We need players now who are going to fight for us

Not due the logic in this.  People in all walks of life decide to leave an employers d work a period of notice.  Often helping to train a successor and hand over workloads. In other words trusted to continue to do their best.  Why do you think Liam Shaw will not give his best whenever picked.

• Love 2

20 minutes ago, bobness said:

The fact he's been forced to come out with a statement is disturbing.

I wouldn't say he's been forced to come out with a statement.

I would say it's a good PR exercise and also a very genuine thing for him to do.  

It's a pity more players aren't so genuine.

Guest T Hardy
1 minute ago, quinnssweetshop said:

You seem a little sad. It's o.k. You'll get better.

Liam's gone. And to  a far better run club.

Come on..... you know you want to wish him well really.... let the hurt go....
Where's that smile ? come on..... ? eh ? lol

Nah I’d rather keeping winding you up, it’s more fun how easily an opinion that isn’t yours upsets you