Jump to content

Statement from Liam Shaw on move to Celtic


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Class statement from the young man.
 

Terrific move for the lad and I wish him the best of luck.

 

 


Fair play - that’s good PR. Shame another high profile departure didn’t do something similar. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Would be classier if we got paid properly for it but it’s a great move for him 


And again, how on earth is that the fault of the player?

 

lol

 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Would be classier if we got paid properly for it but it’s a great move for him 

 


TRUE mate 

Go speak to the chairman and tell him that this should have happened and demand to know why he allowed it to happen this way instead

  • Like 9

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd make that move if I were him. We are currently the laughing stock of UK football.

 

Doesn't make the pill of one of our best prospects in years and a key part of team leaving for 300k easier to swallow though

Edited by DeBilde'sTea
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bluesteel said:


Other players have made sure it happens, including Barry Bannan. It’s been done to death in another thread.

 

But if you guys want to keep patting him on the back for it go for it.

 

 

lol

 

Amazing logic

  • Like 4

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

lol

 

Amazing logic


almost as amazing as pretending we didn’t want to have him re sign here

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Celtic won't be pushing for the title for quite some time now - but thats a moot point, still a progression from here for him.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:


Other players have made sure it happens, including Barry Bannan. It’s been done to death in another thread.

 

But if you guys want to keep patting him on the back for it go for it.


Is this definitely the case with Bannan?

 

Given our chairman’s history of selling players. The last thing I would do if I was Shaw, is sign a new deal at Wednesday and then HOPE the chairman will be willing to let you go for a reasonable fee. A 19 year old lad with his career ahead of him putting his career in the hands of Dejphon Chansiri would be absolutely crazy.

 

But yeah, you blame the player for leaving and not putting his future at risk. All because the club couldn’t be arsed to give him a deal and some financial security sooner. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 7
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:


almost as amazing as pretending we didn’t want to have him re sign here

 


Literally not a single person has said that though

lol

 

  • Like 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SallyCinnamon said:


Is this definitely the case with Bannan?

 

Given our chairman’s history of selling players. The last thing I would do if I was Shaw, is sign a new deal at Wednesday and then HOPE the chairman will be willing to let you go for a reasonable fee. A 19 year old lad with his career ahead of him putting his career in the hands of Dejphon Chansiri would be absolutely crazy.

 

But yeah, you blame the player for potentially putting his future at risk because the club couldn’t be arsed to give him a deal and some financial security sooner. 


If there’s a compromise in the contract whereby a release clause is added or he goes for 300k for free then DC can’t stop it his hands are tied. 
 

I don’t know when we offered shaw a contract and nor do you but we’ve hardly kicked him out

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...