Statement from Liam Shaw on move to Celtic

6 minutes ago, bobness said:

The fact he's been forced to come out with a statement is disturbing.

The club's statement was not just pathetic, but possibly added fuel to a fire of irrational and unacceptable vitriol aimed at Liam. 

A bit sickening, when you think about it. 

Thanks DC. You're a top bloke... 

Nothing is ever chansiri's fault mate. That is the mentality of the man. 

• Like 3

The lads doing what's best for him. Its a great opportunity. 

Very few were saying it was imperative that he be offered an extended deal in the summer. That's changed after a handful of games where it looks like he's really come on in the last few months. Its always a gamble with the youngsters. Hindsight and all that.

The issue of running an academy that is neither producing a steady progression of youngsters to the first team nor earning decent compensation in a cases such as this and others is something that needs addressing. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He's gone mate

We took our eye off the ball and messed up

Yeah, but it so many people weren’t pissed at DC I don’t think you’d have the backslapping going on. 

End of the day a really decent young player has chosen to leave and it’s for next to nothing. For that to happen the player and reps need to be willing to do that which is their prerogative and I understand it. But purely myopically as a swfc fan im frustrated with all parties.

• Like 2

The nice thing to say is good luck to him ect and part of me feels that's right and you just forget about it........ however as a wednesday fan I am gutted that he " a fan" has left at the first sniff of interest. Imo(what little it means) it would have done him a world of good playing 1st team for another season wether it in the championship or L1. It's a move that has the agent written all over it money grabbing. Think maybe you unrealistically expect loyalty and are let down time and time again. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dowls said:

So nothing to do with our owner,

our offer or our approach.

So not sure why people criticising the club we couldn’t of done anything on this front.

Fans refusing to criticise club owner for letting a players Contract  run out, then blaming the supporters because we didn't tell him to give the player a new contract, then threatening legal action against the club he has signed for. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Yeah, but it so many people weren’t pissed at DC I don’t think you’d have the backslapping going on. 

End of the day a really decent young player has chosen to leave and it’s for next to nothing. For that to happen the player and reps need to be willing to do that which is their prerogative and I understand it. But purely myopically as a swfc fan im frustrated with all parties.

Why are you frustrated at Liam Shaw for leaving for a better future?

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Not going for money going because it easy to win trophies in the pub league. 

Cant fault him though.

Are we going to trot out the 'half his opponents will be League 1 standard' line again?

Because that's half as many as he would be facing if he stays at Hillsborough.

5 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

Nice statement from his agent. 

Would put him on gardening leave now or in the reserves. We need players now who are going to fight for us

None of our other players fight for us, so why single out Shaw? 

Guest T Hardy
Just now, @owlstalk said:

🤦‍♂️

I question the desire and heart of all our players at times, but in a relegation battle we can’t rely on an unproven youngster whose head has already gone and is thinking about his new club and contract, that’s obvious and a well worded statement from his agent doesn’t change that 

1 minute ago, Noleafclover said:

Imo(what little it means) it would have done him a world of good playing 1st team for another season wether it in the championship or L1.  

Explain how this would work exactly though mate

Let's say we get relegated and Liam Shaw stayed

He then plays in the first division, maybe we do poorly and Darren Moore gets sacked or walks, and the new manager decides Liam Shaw isn't his kind of player so he ends up in the U23's again

You know... as happened to Cameron Dawson after he signed a new contract with the club

Owlstalk Shop

Guest T Hardy
Just now, S36 OWL said:

None of our other players fight for us, so why single out Shaw? 

At worst we have a squad of players who eventually will get their act together and fight for us because they’ll realise they’re in the shop window - this isn’t a motivator for Shaw 

7 minutes ago, dowls said:

So nothing to do with our owner,

our offer or our approach.

So not sure why people criticising the club we couldn’t of done anything on this front.

If you ever wonder what led a delusional narcissist to spaff away all his inheritance ruining a football club on the other side of the world in the first place, look no further.

After everything that he's done, he's STILL got people lining up to polish his pole.

• Like 3

“Until the last kick of the season I will give my all” 

I believe every word of that

The lad clearly loves the club. 

I may be wrong but I don’t think this is not so much the case he wants to sign for Celtic but more the case he is terrified of staying at Wednesday. He may be young but he obviously knows what free-fall looks like

It’s all very sad

As for his future...
Celtic are in transition and that may go in his favour. His chance may come quicker than expected 

All the best kid

Just now, T Hardy said:

At worst we have a squad of players who eventually will get their act together and fight for us because they’ll realise they’re in the shop window - this isn’t a motivator for Shaw 

You don't think our players and their agents have already lined up and sorted them with new clubs? 

In March?

Just a few months before their contracts end?

Really?

Owlstalk Shop