A lot of this is on Gary Monk

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 22.02.34.jpg

Nothing says I am an arrogant bar starred than a big self congratulatory banner at the back of the Kop...   Bad enough that he has plastered his name across the seats in the stands....  I am done with this wannabe "big shot" owner...  

19 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Releases Nuhui and replaces him with Patterson. Nuhui scores one of the many chances Patterson missed tonight let alone other games. Patterson is also weaker than AN at hold up play and winning headers.

Now I’m not saying don’t release Nuhii but REPLACE him. As usual we don’t replace anyone with better, even when that person is the much maligned Nuhui who was signed on a free. Can we not replace even Nuhui??

This was one of Monks key decisions. 

If a guy who couldn’t get a game for us when we were challenging in this division is now regarded as someone who would be making all the difference now then it only goes to show how poor this side has become and explains why we are on our way on our way to the pub league we’re on our way. Paterson really isn’t the problem and Dave wouldn’t be the solution. 

• Like 2

I honestly believe these managers are led down the garden path by the Chairman in the interview process. 

You see it when they join the club. Buoyant and confident. But give it a few weeks and their mood inevitably drops when they realise what they’ve got in store.

And their mood drops regardless of what the results are 

That tells me the club is toxic internally 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Imagine looking at the squad this season, the 6 point deduction, the  players not getting paid etc and thinking it was in any way Garry Monk's fault

FFS

Not saying it’s All monks fault. But see my other post and still defend him. He has a lot to answer for and will be judged as a disastrous manager for us in the history books. Similarly chansiri will be judged as a disaster as owner. 

• Like 1

FFP 3 year rolling accounts.This years budget has to take in the wage bill from 2 years ago when we were paying well over £100K a week on forwards alone.

So less budget for later managers.

The clubs that know there is no endless pot realise know you have to sometimes sell players to help balance the books or help finance new players.

We pay them a lot of money and then allow them to go for free while offering and young potential players crappy one year deals.

However whilst it has cost me thousands over the years supporting this club, it has cost and still costs DC millions.

• Like 1

Guest whowantstoberich
Just now, Plonk said:

Not saying it’s All monks fault. But see my other post and still defend him. He has a lot to answer for and will be judged as a disastrous manager for us in the history books. Similarly chansiri will be judged as a disaster as owner. 

Correct easily the our worst manager in the past 20 years 

At the end of the season when we all sit down and access where It all went wrong Monk will be high on most people’s lists.

Should have gone pre pandemic and it saved his job. Brentford away 5-0 should have been his last game. 

Signed a load of garbage and that is why we are going down. 

OT will waffle on he didn’t sign them but in next sentence blame Carlos for all his bad signings . 

Westwood starts the season we would have also won more games and Hutchison. We had our best spell under NT when they came back. 

Monk Jos Pulis all have one thing in common - all terrible managers who have the excuse of a chairman. A bad chairman doesn’t mean you have to have terrible tactics, sign no left back or striker. 

A decent managwr can go a long long way.

See Cardiff 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Did Monk tell us not to bring in a striker and a left back in January then when we instead spent money on Green and Hapless Hutchinson?

You say Green and then Hapless Hutchinson. Hutchinson who's played every game, admittedly his better games have been at the back but it's the managers decision where he plays and then Green who's made 2 appearances and now is sat in the treatment room. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Glossop_Owl said:

You say Green and then Hapless Hutchinson. Hutchinson who's played every game, admittedly his better games have been at the back but it's the managers decision where he plays and then Green who's made 2 appearances and now is sat in the treatment room. 

I was replying to plonk who said it was Monks fault we didn’t sign a striker and a left back. If it was so important to sign players in those positions then we should have signed them in January but we didn’t. Instead we got a Cypriot league player and someone who hasn’t played for a year.

26 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I like Paterson but we should’ve kept Nuhiuz

Monk had a tough job this summer. But failing to keep us 12 points off the bottom three last season when 3rd at Xmas (points would’ve been taken last season) has had a big impact on our fortunes. I do blame him for that.

Paterson just cost us three points. 

• Like 1

Monk’s squad:

Except Wildsmith, Palmer, Lees, Borner, Penney, Bannan, Shaw, Reach, Harris, Rhodes who all played tonight - had absolutely nothing to do with Monk.

Plus considering we signed Hutchinson and Andre Green without a manager, do you really think the manager is the sole voice in player recruitment at the club?

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1