A lot of this is on Gary Monk

5 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Yes but Doncaster's setup and their Chairman are considered the "norm" whereas what we have in Chansiri and Paxo is quite somethihng else.

Darren Moore might be good at building sides and sniffing out talent but will he be given time and what's more will he be allowed free reign to do so  ?

That’s the big question. I personally don’t believe he’d have come in, had he not been given certain assurances and TBH this appointment doesn’t seem to have AP’s influence so I live in hope.

18 minutes ago, Jim said:

I know this post will get jumped on but f**k it.

As much as it hurts that we’ve lost to Rotherham for the second time this season and even though it’s a result that virtually condemns us to yet another spell in the third tier of English football, I’m glad Moore has seen at first hand just what a mess he’s inherited.

None of these players should be a part of the rebuild going forward and I include Bannan in that. We need a fresh start completely across the board and I think

in time Moore will bring about this. He’s got a reputation for building young progressive sides and this is what he’ll do given time by both the Chairman and the Fans. 

We need to stick with someone and having made the change we need to give Moore at least three years. I know the Monk brigade will be all over that comment but Monk has usually left sides in a worse state than he originally finds them in and the state he’s left us in, is his worst job by far.

Moore doesn’t have that type of track record going forward yet so I’m prepared to give him time before kicking off like I usually do as chopping and changing managers as frequently as we do is doing us more harm than good.

So let’s see what the next 13 games may bring but if I was Moore I’d be giving players game time who’ll be more than likely here next season so I’d like to see the likes of Galvin, Hunt, Brennan and Waldock given a chance but we’ll see what he does.

You say “I’m glad Moore has seen at first hand just what a mess he’s inherited”...but listen to his interview with radio Sheffield and he thinks it was a good performance and the players he’s inherited are great.

20 minutes ago, Jim said:

I know this post will get jumped on but f**k it.

As much as it hurts that we’ve lost to Rotherham for the second time this season and even though it’s a result that virtually condemns us to yet another spell in the third tier of English football, I’m glad Moore has seen at first hand just what a mess he’s inherited.

None of these players should be a part of the rebuild going forward and I include Bannan in that. We need a fresh start completely across the board and I think

in time Moore will bring about this. He’s got a reputation for building young progressive sides and this is what he’ll do given time by both the Chairman and the Fans. 

We need to stick with someone and having made the change we need to give Moore at least three years. I know the Monk brigade will be all over that comment but Monk has usually left sides in a worse state than he originally finds them in and the state he’s left us in, is his worst job by far.

Moore doesn’t have that type of track record going forward yet so I’m prepared to give him time before kicking off like I usually do as chopping and changing managers as frequently as we do is doing us more harm than good.

So let’s see what the next 13 games may bring but if I was Moore I’d be giving players game time who’ll be more than likely here next season so I’d like to see the likes of Galvin, Hunt, Brennan and Waldock given a chance but we’ll see what he does.

I KNEW before clicking into this thread that it would be about Garry Monk

I would have bet my house on it

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

We had 2 decent championship level goal scorers in fletcher and nuhui, got rid of them both and replaced with Marriott and Paterson.

Fletcher turned down a contract. Nuhiu wanted to move closer to home.

He also replaced one of the best players in the division FF with ******** brown.

FF played about 10 games over the last two years. He was injured/suspended constantly and on £30k a week. Hardly a player you would be looking to keep if you are a club in severe financial difficulty.

7 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

Not happy with that he froze out the spine of our team. 

They were thawed out and brought back this season weren’t they? How’s that going? KW plays two games then has a month off. Hutch plays like he’s running around the pitch on a pair of stilts.

no goals = relegation.

thanks GM

Guest whowantstoberich

Fed up of hearing fletcher wouldn’t sign or DC shipped him out, make your minds up. 

It’s the managers job to sell him a future he believes in and persuade him to sign when we needed him

Edited by whowantstoberich

28 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Let’s get it right.

The most important transfer window in recent history was last summer. We went into that window with -12 points. That makes it considerably harder to attract players of quality - that is down to the chairman. The fact we spent very little money that window is because we have a business model where we let our best players who hold value run down their contracts and leave for nothing - Fletcher, Fox, Forestieri all examples. This is also down to the chairman. It’s hard to reinvest in the squad when you have no saleable assets or hang on to your saleable assets for too long until they lose value. Similar is happening now with Adam Reach and Tom Lees.

So you either spend money to replace the players you’ve let leave for free. Or you make sure your recruitment team is top draw to find hidden gems who have the potential to make the team better and make the club money in the future.

We did neither.

With a -12 handicap, evidently poor recruitment team and no money to spend we ended up with has beens, players with a ‘name’ who are on their way down and cast offs from other Championship clubs.

And all of the above is down to *drum roll please* - the chairman! 

No way am I sticking up for the chairman here. He’s put his trust in idiots, and has continued to do so, despite it being clear they were inept. That misplaced loyalty will probably cost him millions. 
Personally I don’t think the points deduction can explain such an awful summer window Nobody will convince me we couldn’t find a competent left back anywhere There were also plenty of better, and more appropriate strikers, available, than the two we paid almost a million pounds for. It certainly doesn’t explain how, when they had a chance to redeem themselves in January, they did nothing, even though it was crucial we acted. 

• Like 1

Just now, whowantstoberich said:

Fed up of hearing fletcher wouldn’t sign or DC shipped him out, make your minds up. 

It’s the managers job to sell him a future he believes in and persuade him to sign when we needed him

He went to Stoke because they’re paying more money.

Did you expect Monk to put his hand in his own pocket to keep him?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

What about overspending/FFP?
You're forgetting that tiny detail that meant we couldn't afford to offer Fletcher enough to make him want to stay

(and paying him on time would have helped too)
(and not having a points deduction too)

(and not being nailed on certs for being a basket-case relegated club)

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I KNEW before clicking into this thread that it would be about Garry Monk

I would have bet my house on it

Besides my post has got bundled in this Monk thread. That’s nothing to do with me. My thread was titled ‘Blessing in Disguise’ which is the term you would probably use to describe Monk’s time here? 🤣

Guest whowantstoberich
1 minute ago, pat blondeau said:

He went to Stoke because they’re paying more money.

Did you expect Monk to put his hand in his own pocket to keep him?

How do you know we couldn’t match stokes offer?

How do you know he didn’t leave because he didn’t believe in our manager but believe in Stoke’s? 

1 minute ago, whowantstoberich said:

How do you know he didn’t leave because he didn’t believe in our manager but believe in Stoke’s? 

You're forgetting that tiny detail that meant we couldn't afford to offer Fletcher enough to make him want to stay

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

Maybe because we struggle to pay the players on time, can’t afford to turn the under soil heating on, don’t have a director of football sorting contracts and recruitment out and barely any players have renewed contracts with us on the last 3 years 

• Thanks 1

Guest whowantstoberich
2 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Maybe because we struggle to pay the players on time, can’t afford to turn the under soil heating on, don’t have a director of football sorting contracts and recruitment out and barely any players have renewed contracts with us on the last 3 years 

They are paid every month apparently. I really don’t have much sympathy for someone earning way too much having to wait a few days longer for it when ultimately they know they will get it

Guest whowantstoberich
12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This could be the reason, but equally so could my theory.