Simon Jordan on the Owls and Moore

If Darren Moore manages to keep us in this league by the end of the season and our owner has done right by the club and played everything with a straight bat ?WTF:

Then from here we need someone in place to advise and locate the right transfer targets to consolidate our league position next year ....

Simon if you're at a loose end fancy coming along for a white knuckle ride ? 

1447.gif.dfb95b3fb23defbcd1eea3d2f421c543.gif

• Like 1

Archaic, ramshackle and stuck in a time warp... how very dare you.

Present yourself at dawn outside Hillsborough ( by the corrugated roof , rusty ironwork and barbed wire) and bring your musket with you, 

I will arrive on my penny farthing and challenge you to a dual sir.

I WILL NOT have anybody besmirching our club by suggesting that we are behind the times .

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, daleblue said:

Sarf Landan expert gives opinion on Northern Club.

Monkey breath.

Lol this is just silly.. he’s bang on point with everything he’s said there. It makes a change for a third party to fully grasp all the issues as most pundits have no idea about anything that’s happened here since we dropped out the PL

2 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Great comments by Simon Jordan who I like....and great to see the national press finally noticing how inept Chansiri is.

Talks a good game, but let's be reight he gets most info bout such as us from forums ike this n other social media, like most of journalists /commentators do. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Talks a lot of sense 

Maybe someone should persuade him to buy the club!

Talks a lot o’sense, he’s got a lot o’time for us though...he looks like a character outta a Guy Richie movie🤔

• Like 1

Darren left a cushy number at Doncaster, to take on the worst run club in the country.That alone shows he’s made of the right stuff, and got me behind him straight away. Not too many managers these days, (in a job), would have even considered coming here. I wish him and us, every success.

12 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

I was once on a flight back from Malaga with Mr Jordan and he just sat amongst us riff raff in the lounge and in front of me on the plane.  Spoke politely to anyone who spoke to him. 

A nice bloke and would be a great chairman for us 

Wow, he got on a plane without being a massive c*nt?

Salt of the earth

• Like 1

Not sure why the blokes got quite a bit of criticism for his comments. Anyone who doesn’t look at out club and think it’s in turmoil can’t be looking very hard!

It is a risk for Darren no doubt. But he’s taken the risk. If he keeps us up he’s an instant legend. If we go down and he brings us back up again, he’s a legend. If he takes us down and we stay down that’s his career back to square one. He’s then got to start again like he did at Donny. 
Time will tell what the right call was!

13 hours ago, bobness said:

In the early days of Steve Bruce and Tony Pulis it seemed Chansiri had provided assurances in terms of signings... meant nowt.

Thought  Bruce was fairly well backed and Pulis sold himself as not needing any new signings as he would keep us up with the squad we had?

You are very likely to take Sheffield Wednesday down to the third tier

I think this is the wrong way to say this.

If we go down to the third tier, it won't have been Darren who has taken us there.

12 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

Bloke ran out of money following banking crisis of 2008 and ended up putting palace into admin when bills couldn’t be paid

Hardly a glowing cv 

Indeed.

Jordan says a few accurate but hardly mind blowing things about our club on Tabloid Radio and that makes him an ideal choice as an owner for some.

Simon Jordan ran into financial problems with Crystal Palace, resulting in problems paying player wages and culminating in the club going into administration. He was also involved in an extremely messy and contrived purchase of the stadium with the owning company also ending up in administration. 

Do fans actually look into the background and record of people they class as 'ideal' or do they just like the cut of their jib and hang their hat on that? 

I am not totally convinced that this is a brave move for Moore.. in a way its a shot to nothing.. if he does well then fab.. if its a big flop then he can always take comfort from them who will say ah well no-one has cracked that club with the problems they have, you did well having a go...come and manage us..