Simon Jordan on the Owls and Moore

I have met Simon Jordan we went into the directors box at Selhurst Park when Wednesday played a couple of times.

Despite how he seems he is a great guy and very passionate regards his football, his father played for Palace and was also a very nice guy.

He always praised Wednesday's support but told me the trouble was we were run old school <although this was the time of Carson and Stafford>

My opinion I would welcome him with open arms.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Southside Owl said:

I am not totally convinced that this is a brave move for Moore.. in a way its a shot to nothing.. if he does well then fab.. if its a big flop then he can always take comfort from them who will say ah well no-one has cracked that club with the problems they have, you did well having a go...come and manage us..

We still don't know if he could walk away at the end of the season if we go down

Nobody knows the contract duration because for some reason the chairman wants it kept a secret

Owlstalk Shop

15 hours ago, Daizan10 said:

I don't like him, but he knows about football. Whereas I like Chansiri, but look what he's done! So maybe my liking him should be much less important to me. 

You like Chansiri??   what would he have to do for you to dislike him?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Oh dear

This view was proven outdated in 2009

Suppose what I mean is the inner running of swfc is so undisclosed that I believe the media has to get an element of info off swfc forums more than it does at other clubs. 

42 minutes ago, HEELEY OWLS said:

I have met Simon Jordan we went into the directors box at Selhurst Park when Wednesday played a couple of times.

Despite how he seems he is a great guy and very passionate regards his football, his father played for Palace and was also a very nice guy.

He always praised Wednesday's support but told me the trouble was we were run old school <although this was the time of Carson and Stafford>

My opinion I would welcome him with open arms.

Whereas at that time this great sage was running Palace into administration. 

15 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Im not sure that would be as it would’ve be considered his fault if we went down. If he got us back up he would be viewed  very differently and I think we’d have more chance of doing well in either division than Doncaster.

The only damage would be if he took us down and then had us stuck down there

This is the most likely outcome I’m afraid - certainly don’t expect us to bounce back quickly.

Regarding Simon letting Palace go into administration I know for a fact this was not the case. The day it all broke Palace were playing Newcastle away mid week and I was due to go as a guest which got cancelled last minute. Although I admit I do not know all the facts it was to do with Zaha's transfer money due to the club from a sale, Simon had borrowed money from a hedge fund to keep the club going they knew the money was due but called the debt in 24 hours prior to transfer money landing. Simon had put up a lot of his personal assets as security they knew if they called in early he would lose them and they would gain. Speaking with Simon after he just said that was business but he was hurt.

During one game we had a conversation I said if I won the lottery I would buy into the club I love Wednesday he turned round to me sharply and said the only time he had let his heart rule his head in business was him buying Palace the worst decision he had ever made.

He is a good guy and if ever he let his heart rule his head again < he does have a soft spot for us> I would welcome him.

• Like 2

Guest T Hardy

No chance he’ll become an advisor anywhere.

He lost all of his money with Palace and I think is happy making easy money talking on the radio, and good on him, he’s great to listen to.

He doesn't suffer fools that's for sure, I like listening to him on the radio as he really knows his stuff about the financial side of the game. I'm sure he'd know what he was doing as chairman but I think he'd upset a lot of people along the way, fans included.

All irrelevant of course because I agree he'd never want to do it again anyway. 

3 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Thought  Bruce was fairly well backed and Pulis sold himself as not needing any new signings as he would keep us up with the squad we had?

Bruce seemed exasperated to me, yes, he got some signings in the works, but we also didn't appear to be shifting players out. As a manager, I'm sure Bruce expected to have more control over how the side shapes up, not just with incomings, but also outgoings. And with regards to incomings, do we really believe it went as smoothly as Bruce wanting a player, so the club made an effort to make it happen?

As for Pulis, to me it seemed he was banking on the transfer window, and DC intimated as such, when the rationale behind the timing of sacking Pulis was tied to the transfer window opening.

• Like 1

Just now, hirstys_achilles said:

Pulis didn't get the chance. Bruce has never said anything about not being able to sign who he wanted. 

Pulis didn't get the chance, but then DC failed to exercise the transfer window anyway. It appears we probably weren't going to sign anyone.

Bruce, like everyone else who worked for DC, didn't come out afterwards and share negative stories about how the club was run. That's not an indicator of everything running smoothly.

Both Pulis and Bruce appeared to grow increasingly frustrated as time went on.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bobness said:

Pulis didn't get the chance, but then DC failed to exercise the transfer window anyway. It appears we probably weren't going to sign anyone.

Bruce, like everyone else who worked for DC, didn't come out afterwards and share negative stories about how the club was run. That's not an indicator of everything running smoothly.

Both Pulis and Bruce appeared to grow increasingly frustrated as time went on.

DC had already decided Pulis was not the man for us. 

I disagree about Bruce. He has said he found it a difficult decision to leave for his boyhood club. He had the perfect opportunity to raise any issues with the transfer policy and it was notable that he did not. I never said anything about the club being well run. I just think its unfair to place comments to people who have not even intimated anything of the sort. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

We still don't know if he could walk away at the end of the season if we go down

Nobody knows the contract duration because for some reason the chairman wants it kept a secret

I'd love to know what benefit the club think keeping this information out of the public domain has. 

Is any other club so secretive with this kind of thing? 

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'd love to know what benefit the club think keeping this information out of the public domain has. 

Is any other club so secretive with this kind of thing? 

It's quite normal with managers isn't it? I don't see the problem myself. Managers are almost always sacked or resign anyway. Very rare we see one just get released at the end of their contract like players do. 

I work with his missus' brother and he speaks highly of Jordan, says he isn't the flap that people that see him on TV think he is. 

I'd have him here over DC. Reading his book it sounds like a lot of went wrong at Palace wasn't his doing. Obviously that's only his side of the story but he came across pretty well I thought.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

DC had already decided Pulis was not the man for us. 

I disagree about Bruce. He has said he found it a difficult decision to leave for his boyhood club. He had the perfect opportunity to raise any issues with the transfer policy and it was notable that he did not. I never said anything about the club being well run. I just think its unfair to place comments to people who have not even intimated anything of the sort. 

I think you're kidding yourself if you think DC had genuinely given Brue or Pulis the sort of involvement they desired or expected. Neither of us really knows, but considering how the club appears to be run, I'm quite confident in this assessment.

Regarding unfair comments, it's not a secret that the club squandered a transfer window, at a time when it arguably mattered most. I have little doubt that Pulis anticipated he would be able to exercise the window, and imagine part of his growing frustration was due to seeing how the club didn't share this sentiment.

DC already decided Pulis wasn't the man for us,  and in the same way DC also already decided we wouldn't be doing much activity during the transfer window...