Simon Jordan on the Owls and Moore

2 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Would like Jordan at Hillsborough 

If the poo really hits the fan here I wouldn’t rule it out.

He had dealings with consortiums trying to get hold of Portsmouth & was more recently advising someone who was looking at Charlton. He knows some very wealthy people. The type of character you’d want Chansiri to have consulted from the start. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Yes Simon but even promotion from L1 would still be on an epic scale at Hillsbrough..im not saying its going to happen but it would dwarf being promoted with Donnie Rovers..And im not even been arrogant saying this.

How would it dwarf being promoted with Doncaster? It’s the same achievement.

In fact you could argue that given the stature and backing of the clubs it should be easier to be promoted with us. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If people look at the move it’s easy to say why has he done that.

But Doncaster are not top of league one and have no guarantees. Wednesday are better placed to do well in that lease and this one.

If we went down and Doncaster went up, fast forward a season and if we got it right he would arguably then have a platform to exceed anything he could do at Doncaster, the salary cap is no longer an issue. Things change very quickly in football and so it’s more about the potential of the club you are in charge of and where they can realistically get you in the next 2 years.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 83owl said:

How would it dwarf being promoted with Doncaster? It’s the same achievement.

In fact you could argue that given the stature and backing of the clubs it should be easier to be promoted with us. 

I was talking about the scale of it.

And I agree with organisation and the correct backing we should be contenders.

28 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

Exactly my thought when I saw he'd come here. We could be passing Doncaster as they come up and we drop down, it's an enormous risk for his reputation.

Im not sure that would be as it would’ve be considered his fault if we went down. If he got us back up he would be viewed  very differently and I think we’d have more chance of doing well in either division than Doncaster.

The only damage would be if he took us down and then had us stuck down there

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Great comments by Simon Jordan who I like....and great to see the national press finally noticing how inept Chansiri is.

It's hard to miss when he takes 10 weeks to appoint a manager and then uses the press conference announcing said manager to stand there making passive aggressive little digs at the fans.

Moore's decision is the oddest one since that time I bailed on Swansea City in the Champions League in FM mid season to rescue Wednesday from League 1.

• Haha 2

Interesting comments about the archaic structure over the past 20 years. He’s not wrong. 

In terms of Moore, very brave move. If he’s been given some assurances, let’s hope the chairman follows them up. We’ve heard rumours and whispers of broken assurances in the past. Hope it doesn’t ring true for Moore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Footballs very own piers Morgan 

but talks a lot of sense and straight to the point

id like him, he’d be our best chairman we would have had in my lifetime and I’ve seen us in the premier league under Dave Richards 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Dunno that's why I'm asking.

We obviously have no clue, but if I had to guess, Chansiri offered Bruce and Pulis some assurances, which didn't pan out the way either of them anticipated.

Recall how frustrated Steve Bruce looked when discussing how had "too many forwards", it seemed he genuinely expected we would be selling on some players, but ultimately grew tired with Chansiri's definition of "progress"

Edited by bobness
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Like the comments Pulis has made about the club, Jordan has always held Wednesday in high regard. As a non fan, he is genuinely upset about our plight. I have gleaned this over the last few years, not just these comments. Again, what he said, is spot on.

He would be an ideal advisor to Chansiri. Exactly what we need.

In respect of Dazza taking the challenge.....well why did Shaw sign a precontract with Celtic? It’s one thing and one thing only.........£££££££££££