Paul Cook interested

Guest T Hardy

1 minute ago, shezzas left peg said:

These Paul Cook threads are getting nearly as tiresome as the old "cult of megson" ones a few years ago now. 

Dc is obviously not bothered anymore. 

Though I will say I  do think he'd do a decent job if he came in, but it would maybe a bit like Atkinson first time around. He'd come in too late to save us, but get us promoted back up. 

That said it would only happen if the muppet in charge said here you go run the club and I'll just sit at home and sign things off where needed. 

He did save us didn’t he? Then he took us down. 

• Like 1

If there’s any truth in this then Cook needs to be handed control ahead of the Rotherham game.  It’s almost certainly too late for this season, but it’s the only remote chance we have of staying up.  His appointment would also leave me feeling a little more confident of avoiding League 2 next season and ultimately staging a promotion push.

More than likely Cook would not touch the club right now unless all his demands are met.  Even then I think he’s more likely to go for the Ipswich job.

15 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Why would a manager like Cook with a fantastic managerial record want to work for a muppet like Chansiri? 

There are only a finite number of jobs. And a manager like Cook will struggle to get a job with a club with the potential of Wednesday. This club is awaiting a hero who could acquire semi-legendary status if he turns us round. You could hang on waiting for the perfect job forever and it might never turn up. 

Edited by rickygoo

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

He should have been bought in straight away when Pulis was sacked. Unfortunately I can’t see it happening now after what Chansiri said about Cook a while ago. He would be a great appointment imo. 

So now we're in the situation where Chansiri has publically slagged off the only manager willing to come, before even offering him the job

lol

Incredible story this when you think about it

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

Imagine having a manager of Paul Cook’s calibre firstly saying publicly that he applied for the job and what a great club it would be to manage. Then getting publicly called unprofessional by the owner. Then still willing to manage that club despite the high possibility of dropping into L1. Then not entertaining him with the job!

We should be begging a manager like him to join a club like ours. There is no better name for L1 or CH right now that would touch our club. I’d appoint him tomorrow, regardless of what division he’s ideal for both. 

• Like 1

Can I also point out that even if he DID come we know that there are things here that Paul Cook (and any other manager) is not aware of.

Stuff that Carlos, Jos, Monk and even Erik Alonso etc have all hinted at

Carlos said he'd tell us at the end of the season -  never did

Jos said there were things behind the scenes

Monk said it straight out that no manager can succeed here

Steve Bruce said nowt but he was here about two minutes (half of which was telling his agent to get him the foooook outta dodge - BEFORE Newcastle even was an available job)

I'm afraid to say that this club now is clearly in a situation where no manager - including Paul Cook - would be able to succeed

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Owlstalk Shop