Paul Cook interested

Guest T Hardy

Chansiri is worried about being tied into a manager contract at Championship rates in case we get relegated.

Simple solution. Negotiate a contract at Championship rates for now and League one rates if we go down . Add on a big bonus if we stay up. It shouldn't be that difficult with a bit of goodwill by both parties.

No manager will succeed here unless the system for finding new players changes. Most good L1 managers know players who can compete at that level, they have contacts with some of those players and with other clubs in the lower leagues. Just give the manager control, set a wages and a transfer budget and let the manager get on with it. OK it might not work at the very top level but it does in the lower leagues.

If we carry on as we are it will be L2 football in 2 years time. We are in a death spiral now. Unless something changes it will just get worse.

• Like 5

Yes, Chansiri and Paul Cook could I am sure reach some sort of deal.

Paul Cook seems to want it and many of the fans do too.

Someone who has contact with Chansiri should tell him that in League One SWFC will be worth £0.00 zero.

In fact he will not even be able to give the club away.

Guest wilyfox

People won’t accept that Chansiri doesn’t want Paul Cook. Rationalise  all you want, it ain’t happening. 

Edited by wilyfox

15 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

People won’t accept that Chansiri doesn’t want Paul Cook. Rationalise  all you want, it ain’t happening. 

You're right of course, WF.

But is it actually Paixao who doesn't want him?

I appreciate that to all intents and purposes it's one and the same, but why is that the case?

Who's in charge, Chansiri or Paixao?

If Paixao is more than just an advisor, then the fans need to know.

Personally, if I could have anyone's head on a platter it would be his.

I can't stand the b*stard.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Yes, Chansiri and Paul Cook could I am sure reach some sort of deal.

Paul Cook seems to want it and many of the fans do too.

Someone who has contact with Chansiri should tell him that in League One SWFC will be worth £0.00 zero.

In fact he will not even be able to give the club away.

Wasn't Sunderland sold for £15m as a Division 1 club.

1 hour ago, prowl said:

Chansiri is worried about being tied into a manager contract at Championship rates in case we get relegated.

Simple solution. Negotiate a contract at Championship rates for now and League one rates if we go down . Add on a big bonus if we stay up. It shouldn't be that difficult with a bit of goodwill by both parties.

No manager will succeed here unless the system for finding new players changes. Most good L1 managers know players who can compete at that level, they have contacts with some of those players and with other clubs in the lower leagues. Just give the manager control, set a wages and a transfer budget and let the manager get on with it. OK it might not work at the very top level but it does in the lower leagues.

If we carry on as we are it will be L2 football in 2 years time. We are in a death spiral now. Unless something changes it will just get worse.

that makes to much sense. Something Chansiri doesn’t have. 

21 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I appreciate that to all intents and purposes it's one and the same, but why is that the case?

Chansiri has got rid of every other advisor during his time here apart from Paxo. 

Make your own conclusion mate. 

Steve Bruce called Paxo "part of the fabric of the club" 

Guest wilyfox
28 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Chansiri called Paul Cook unprofessional and untrustworthy. No way that leads to his appointment however much people on here want him.

Paixao has made himself a hate figure with his lurking presence and underachievement. That won’t change either. He’s Chansiri’s eyes & ears whilst DC’s in Thailand.

2 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Stuffing balls loiters behind the scenes.  He’s the footballing equivalent of Rasputin to the imperial court of Tsarist Russia.  

Has he ever made a public  statement whilst at SWFC?

A dangerous fella in my opinion.  He needs to go.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Guest Derby owl

Surely its a WIN WIN for paul cook if he takes the job until end of season. 

If he fails to keep us up, he just says i needed more time to build my team.

But if he keeps us in the championship then chansiri  would be mad not to offering him a longer contract.

5 minutes ago, Derby owl said:

But if he keeps us in the championship then chansiri  would be mad not to offering him a longer contract.

Think you’ve hit the nail on the head there.  Cook will know that Chansiri is unstable and so might not want to risk his career spending 3 months with us when other jobs may become available in the meantime.  

Edited by Owls-Fan

As much as it seems Paul cook wants to manage our club the man who does the hiring and firing does not ! If dc wanted cook he’d be here already. Dc said he was untrustworthy so no way will he do an about turn and go get him( hope I’m proved wrong btw) think it was alonso that probably offered cook the job for dc or Paxio to say no!  So unfortunately cook won’t get the job and we’ll loose what could possibly be the man to save us or more than likely rebuild and get us back up next season. Too much common sense involved for our owner and trusted sidekick 

I’m a fan of Paul Cook,  but I imagine DC might be feeling justified in not giving him the job when he sees that he hasn’t had a sniff of the jobs at Bournemouth, Cardiff, Bristol City, Derby and Watford jobs all of which have been filled recently. Personally, I hope tomorrow brings some news on the appointment front. We need a boost ahead of the Rotherham game, that’s for sure.