Paul Cook interested

Guest T Hardy

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Can I also point out that even if he DID come we know that there are things here that Paul Cook (and any other manager) is not aware of.

Stuff that Carlos, Jos, Monk and even Erik Alonso etc have all hinted at

Carlos said he'd tell us at the end of the season -  never did

Jos said there were things behind the scenes

Monk said it straight out that no manager can succeed here

Steve Bruce said nowt but he was here about two minutes (half of which was telling his agent to get him the foooook outta dodge - BEFORE Newcastle even was an available job)

I'm afraid to say that this club now is clearly in a situation where no manager - including Paul Cook - would be able to succeed

It would be intriguing to know. There is definitely something that lurks around 

Wonder if there are some dark arts at play here.  Cook wants the Ipswich job so tells his mate Biggs to tweet that he would still take the owls job if offered. In order to get the new Ipswich owners to get a contract sorted.   Meh,  can’t be bothered to believe anything now

• Like 3

Guest Therealrealist
44 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Biggs just pushing his mate Cook, its a load of rubbish.

Chansiri has called Cook unprofessional and why would Cook come and work for DC when he will get very little say over transfers.

Chelsea managers don’t pick their players...why shud we be different

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I suspect Chelsea’s recruitment team is a tiny bit better than ours. 

Possibly...but at least we didn’t staff over 150 million on that hapless keeper and Kai havertz :duntmatter:

38 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Can I also point out that even if he DID come we know that there are things here that Paul Cook (and any other manager) is not aware of.

Stuff that Carlos, Jos, Monk and even Erik Alonso etc have all hinted at

Carlos said he'd tell us at the end of the season -  never did

Jos said there were things behind the scenes

Monk said it straight out that no manager can succeed here

Steve Bruce said nowt but he was here about two minutes (half of which was telling his agent to get him the foooook outta dodge - BEFORE Newcastle even was an available job)

I'm afraid to say that this club now is clearly in a situation where no manager - including Paul Cook - would be able to succeed

Bruce let the cat out of the bag when he said Paxo face is "part of the fabric of the club". 

That confirmed to me, Paxo is NOT just an "advisor". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Personally I think we need a new manager naming ASAP to give him time to assess the squad etc and get the team prepared for a challenge to come back up from league one next season. If that isn’t Cook then whoever Chansiri decides on should be in place soon. I can’t see Thompson getting the job beyond this season. By the way I’m not saying this is Thompson’s fault because it isn’t.