Paul Cook interested

Guest T Hardy

13 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Basically, that's about it.

It was always it, right from the off.

Chansiri is a muppet because he didn't do that.

And a stubborn, arrogant one too.

Most chairmen know that they don't know enough about the game, so they bring in those who do.

They understand that football is a team game, and that a manager needs to select his own players to fashion that team.

Chansiri's like a dog returning to its vomit, time and time again.

Try telling old Ron Noades and bazza Fry that first bit bud lol

Though I do  agree bud I've been saying the same since we got rid of the council or whatever it was called with roeder. 

10 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

I know that I’m not green...I’m just responding to a lot of know nowt screaming ‘why would he come here’.    ‘No credible manager wud work here’ they would ffs

This is what's really sickening me, because Wednesday are an attractive proposition.

It's this current system which is killing us.

5 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Our only hope is that they know DC is working on a deal to sell us

Really want to believe this is the case but the media are claiming Chansiri is as committed as ever to be owner.  Which means he’s just totally incompetent by leaving Thompson in charge 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, daleblue said:

Didn't Chansiri slag him off.

Can't see anything in this. 

Just an excuse not to appoint Cook or any other manager, Chansiri stupid enough to think we could avoid the drop without any signings in last transfer window and without appointing a new manager. He has well and truly ruined our club and I just want him gone along with Paixao. Followed the club through thick and thin for 55 yrs but I'm not attending any more until he's gone. 

1 minute ago, Marro said:

No manager can work with Chansiri unless they are desperate.  Chansiri has proved that he is a grade A idiot.

The thing is, can anyone really be as stupid as that?

What worries me is that, for instance, he'd like to oust Paixao but can't.

Paixao for me is the biggest problem of all.

Let's say Cook were appointed and we're relegated, as expected.

Like Wilder, he's an in-depth knowledge of players at that level, and could doubtless polish diamonds too.

But where does that leave Paixao.

It's no surprise that he doesn't want Cook.

• Love 1

Paul Cook has serial promotions on his CV.

Perhaps through his time at Chesterfield he seems to have formed the view that SWFC could be a top club again.

He sees the potential at the club and if Alan Biggs is to be believed then he is prepared to work with DC.

A problem with relegation is that you keep hoping that maybe it can be turned round but as others on here have said it looks like League One next season is now highly likely.

Just about any Chairman in the EFL would do the logical thing in our position and bring Paul Cook in today.

Over to you DC and make it happen today!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

The thing is, can anyone really be as stupid as that?

What worries me is that, for instance, he'd like to oust Paixao but can't.

Paixao for me is the biggest problem of all.

Let's say Cook were appointed and we're relegated, as expected.

Like Wilder, he's an in-depth knowledge of players at that level, and could doubtless polish diamonds too.

But where does that leave Paixao.

It's no surprise that he doesn't want Cook.

Agree that Stuffing Balls is a huge part of the problem - someone who pursues their own interests / wants to maintain their power base / wants to line their own pocket.  It’s these death eaters we need to get out of the club.

If we were a well run club Cook could be a good appointment.  However no man has a chance of doing well under current ownership. That is my sadness, anger and frustration.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Cook wants a contract beyond the end of the season. It would appear this wasn’t a problem for the likes of McCarthy at Cardiff and Pearson at Bristol City but it is for Cook?

Usually a run of successive defeats here sees a change of manager but I just can’t see this happening this time as I don’t think DC will look to appoint Cook and no one else wants it or the ones that do are just not gettable due to Covid restrictions and work permit issues?

I feel the same as Marro does when talking about sadness, anger and frustrataion.

In fact that describes the feeing very well to see the club in its current state.

Yesterday's match at Luton was crushing and this is Luton who were in the National League very recently

But I think Paul Cook has in his personality that huge capacity for optimism.

Big Ron was just the same in many ways as he was able to look ahead with an optimism that was infectious.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SwellOwl said:

Maybe too late for Manager to save us but Cook would be a good appointment moving forward.

However, why would he want it? Particularly as the chairman himself wasn’t providing glowing references for him.

Because I don’t think he’s getting the offers he would have hoped nor what a lot of people on here were saying he would get. 

Guest Bulgaria
8 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Maybe too late for Manager to save us but Cook would be a good appointment moving forward.

However, why would he want it? Particularly as the chairman himself wasn’t providing glowing references for him.

Regardless of our situation and our inept owner, managing SWFC is a very good job.

It's no lose gig right now.