CHANSIRI FC

One thing I never understood was the way he dealt with sponsorship. He put his name on everything because he said that was the best way to get maximum money in. I assume he could take the highest bid then put in a bit more to 'secure' the deal and show that on paper. Why didn't he take the highest bid then match it with his name? Wherever there is an outside sponsor he adds his name to it and matches the cost, double the money. If that's not possible take the money from outside and create more sponsor opportunities for himself. Take money for a shirt sponsor and add his name to shorts? Pay a bit to sponsor the neck of the shirt? Or the sleeves? Put boards up at the sides of stands etc with companies on and add his name above and below. 

Corporate deals and matchdays. Surely we weren't losing money on this? Even if we were only making a bit it all adds up and it leads to more coming in when we do well. 

Shop. Needs a total revamp of stock. There's some really nice clothing lines but they're very expensive, drop the profit margin a bit, get more people wearing it and it advertises itself. This means more volume sales, lower unit cost, better profit. There seems to be some decent stuff though so it's not all bad in there. Surely it could be better though? 

Possibly not the thread for all that but I got carried away 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Yes, there is - a proper manager and a chief exec/Director of football to run things properly.

Do I think he'll go down that route? Not a cat in hells chance

Ask Katrien why she left after one year. It's in the public domain thar Chanciri wanted her to sign to say he sold the stadium before he did. Wonder what else he asked her to do whilst chief exec.

• Like 2

In the dark seventies we were shitt and we knew it.

What we also knew was that this was our club for good or for bad

I don’t recognise the club now or identify with it for the first time in my life

in the Allen days it wasn’t good by any means but it was still run like a professional outfit

I would have Allen back any day at the side of this complete waste of space.

ps, where’s my money you  Thai shyster

He has still got that and this seasons ST money but he is not getting a Penny more

Edited by owlsdreamer
Spelling
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

One thing I never understood was the way he dealt with sponsorship. He put his name on everything because he said that was the best way to get maximum money in. I assume he could take the highest bid then put in a bit more to 'secure' the deal and show that on paper. Why didn't he take the highest bid then match it with his name? Wherever there is an outside sponsor he adds his name to it and matches the cost, double the money. If that's not possible take the money from outside and create more sponsor opportunities for himself. Take money for a shirt sponsor and add his name to shorts? Pay a bit to sponsor the neck of the shirt? Or the sleeves? Put boards up at the sides of stands etc with companies on and add his name above and below. 

Corporate deals and matchdays. Surely we weren't losing money on this? Even if we were only making a bit it all adds up and it leads to more coming in when we do well. 

Shop. Needs a total revamp of stock. There's some really nice clothing lines but they're very expensive, drop the profit margin a bit, get more people wearing it and it advertises itself. This means more volume sales, lower unit cost, better profit. There seems to be some decent stuff though so it's not all bad in there. Surely it could be better though? 

I believe the EFL changed the rules on that kind of self-sponsorship. Either 2016 or 2017 they stopped (probably because Chansiri was doing it) owners being able to just put money in through their own companies sponsoring whatever.

We’re just his little play thing. Always was. I mean how egotistic do you have to be to plaster your name in big capitals across the North Stand? And plaster your name across every single kit we’ve had since he’s been involved?

Conned us all those first couple of seasons. Now it’s quite clear his money has dried up and he’s lost interest. 

So depressing how it’s turned out. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Because he is lazy. Getting his hands dirty finding and persuading customers to buy from him took effort so he just decided that he would  rather write a cheque rather than actually try to run it properly. 

4 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We’re just his little play thing. Always was. I mean how egotistic do you have to be to plaster your name in big capitals across the North Stand? And plaster your name across every single kit we’ve had since he’s been involved?

Conned us all those first couple of seasons. Now it’s quite clear his money has dried up and he’s lost interest. 

So depressing how it’s turned out. 

Bang on - he can’t be bothered to do anything and he’s clearly moved on.  It will drift until either someone buys him out or we fold.

On 27/02/2021 at 19:41, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Do I think there's a way back for Chansiri if we go down? Yes, there is - a proper manager and a chief exec/Director of football to run things properly.

Do I think he'll go down that route? Not a cat in hells chance 

Too stubborn?

Too stupid?

Too skint?

All 3?

This is what really grates. 

It's not like he couldn't turn it around. Heck, the Venky's at Blackburn managed to turn it around ffs. 

Will he makes the changes required though? 

As you say: no, he will continue on the same path, as he is an incompetent, egotistical fool. 

Arrogance and ignorance. What a combination. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

This is what really grates. 

It's not like he couldn't turn it around. Heck, the Venky's at Blackburn managed to turn it around ffs. 

Will he makes the changes required though? 

As you say: no, he will continue on the same path, as he is an incompetent, egotistical fool. 

Arrogance and ignorance. What a combination. 

He can only turn it round if he has actually got the money to do so...

The Venkys might have been fools but I think it’s very clear where their funding came from. 

Who is funding DC? There’s no history of his businesses online. He says he has businesses in construction and real estate but again it’s difficult to find any reference to this online. One can only assume it’s his private wealth from his and his family’s shares in TUF.  But is that enough to keep us going? Reduced investment in the squad and struggling to pay players on time is rather worrying.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He can only turn it round if he has actually got the money to do so...

The Venkys might have been fools but I think it’s very clear where their funding came from. 

Who is funding DC? There’s no history of his businesses online. He says he has businesses in construction and real estate but again it’s difficult to find any reference to this online. One can only assume it’s his private wealth from his and his family’s shares in TUF.  But is that enough to keep us going? Reduced investment in the squad and struggling to pay players on time is rather worrying.

Perhaps he’s gambled himself in to a corner he can’t get out of.

It winds me up on ifollow when sponsorships pop up 

You get the usual from other teams betting companies ect

Than ours is his family name in block capitals 

I mean wtf is that all about 

A ego bigger than his bank account 

7 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

It winds me up on ifollow when sponsorships pop up 

You get the usual from other teams betting companies ect

Than ours is his family name in block capitals 

I mean wtf is that all about 

A ego bigger than his bank account 

He has explained this 

His explanation is that he doesn’t want to do this but he can’t find anyone who will pay as much as him for the sponsorship

Why it has to be ‘Chansiri’ though is the question isn’t it 🤣🤣

Owlstalk Shop