Neil Thompson on Adam Reach

16 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

The recruitment really just needed to get that player who made up for Bannan and Reach's flaws (lack of physicality). We didn't get it. 

We signed the likes of David Jones and Jacob Butterfield when really it needed someone far more physcial to allow the likes of Bannan, Reach, Wallace, Forestieri etc to do what they do. 

FFS 

We wont get to see best of Bannan, not because we don't have midfielder behind him who will do a moaping job to alow him to venture forward, but because we don't have won who will get him ball further up the pitch. As a result he dropps very deep to get on the ball and we are missing his creativity further up the pitch. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

It’s doing the Brentford manager’s planning for him.

How to stop Reach putting crosses in - keep him on the right

How to stop Kachunga - keep him on the left

How to stop Rhodes - play him on his own and don’t let Reach & Harris cross into him

How to make our midfield disjointed - play Bannan and Hutch in a 2.

How to cause chaos from set plays - play Ozase and Palmer in a 3 with Lees infront of Wildsmith

As regards to shoe horning reach and Harris as wing backs, I think this is the only way to go at the moment.

The best chance of results is going 3-5-2 and getting Paterson and Rhodes up top and getting as many crosses in as possible.

Id play Hutch in the middle of the back 3 with Lees one side of him and 1 other on the left. We have plenty of options in Osaze, Palmer, Borner and Dunkley.

The midfield is then a major problem. Bannan obviously plays. Joey will start CDM and either Brown or Windass as the other player. 

Shaw is back for Toytown and he will obviously come in to provide legs in there.

Its a still a sh1tshow and I’m 80% certain we are going down but we need to get back to basics and give the team as much chance of winning. 

14 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

The recruitment really just needed to get that player who made up for Bannan and Reach's flaws (lack of physicality). We didn't get it. 

We signed the likes of David Jones and Jacob Butterfield when really it needed someone far more physcial to allow the likes of Bannan, Reach, Wallace, Forestieri etc to do what they do. 

FFS 

Cant argue with what you are saying but that's my point the squad is so unbalanced and maybe if we had decent full backs we could live with Reach at LM, but that would still leave a midfield which opponents seem to just walk through. Don't forget in Carlos's first season we played Bannan out wide with Lee and Hutchinson in the middle and Wallace who would tracking back on the right with Hunt and Pudil able to get forward. This squad is such a mishmash of players it leaves us exposed if we play Bannan and Reach, so if you play 4-4-2 one can't play both you have to play 1 out wide with Hutchinson and ideally Luongo if not probably Shaw, but that leaves the forwards isolated because of the lack of creativity. I've got to admit I don't know what the solution is if there is one

21 minutes ago, bubbleowl said:

Cant argue with what you are saying but that's my point the squad is so unbalanced and maybe if we had decent full backs we could live with Reach at LM, but that would still leave a midfield which opponents seem to just walk through. Don't forget in Carlos's first season we played Bannan out wide with Lee and Hutchinson in the middle and Wallace who would tracking back on the right with Hunt and Pudil able to get forward. This squad is such a mishmash of players it leaves us exposed if we play Bannan and Reach, so if you play 4-4-2 one can't play both you have to play 1 out wide with Hutchinson and ideally Luongo if not probably Shaw, but that leaves the forwards isolated because of the lack of creativity. I've got to admit I don't know what the solution is if there is one

Yep agreed, I think the club have to accept they've tied the hands of the playing staff here. 

We can move stuff about for marginal improvements here and there, but ultimately, its making the best of a bad bunch!

Sorry but Reach is gone,has been for season and half,and even before thst he was hit and miss. Probably the most light weight professional player I have seen in an owls shirt..

He isnt going to resign,he's off so play Penny there and give him game time ready for next season...Same with Shaw if he's off,play Hunt instead.

We need players  who are committed to S.W.F.C...

Thinking Lees will resign imo..

UTO...

35 minutes ago, Andysowls said:

NT wouldn’t last long on Football Manager🙄

Most Football Manager players wouldn't stand a chance in real world football management. It's a game, a way of passing time, nothing more.

14 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Sorry but Reach is gone,has been for season and half,and even before thst he was hit and miss. Probably the most light weight professional player I have seen in an owls shirt..

He isnt going to resign,he's off so play Penny there and give him game time ready for next season...Same with Shaw if he's off,play Hunt instead.

We need players  who are committed to S.W.F.C...

Thinking Lees will resign imo..

UTO...

That there is a massive truth bomb that most can’t handle.

Sounds Mike Basset but play 442. Two most established wingers we have playing where they should. And try and put as many balls in the box as much as possible. We may as well go down trying to attack. And force the issue than play monk/pulis ball. Thompson isnt the answer but has done alot better than I thought. 

• Like 1