Chris Turner blasts Chansiri and his running of the club

Totally.agree,but why should the Chairman reconsider,when fans/supporters are paying,(and in many cases will continue to pay) despite everything? Forums are full of people saying they will continue to attend S6....

Numerous reasons are given,& they have every right to choose to spend their money as they wish,but the Q has to be asked.....

What message will continued large attendances at S6 send to the chairman & his advisors?...

(1) urgently need to initiate change? maybe sell?

(2) carry on the current path? no change...

Which do you think???

3 minutes ago, markg said:

It wouldn't be him. I get the feeling he'd rather see us rot than admit that he was wrong.

I dont know how this could be achieved, but it occurs to me that culturally the Thais are very proud people. Protesting in Sheffield is going to have no effect on him.  Finding a way of the fans concerns being expressed in the Thai press may make him sit up. 

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Yeah what happened with Garrido? He seemed to be loud enough when we were winning. Did he find out something? 

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

Wondered what happened with him. Anyone know? He was vocally supportive during ‘the good year’, then fućked off completely. Wasn’t he made a club ambassador at the time?

It was down to the abuse he got from social media plain and simple. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Animis said:

It's another past-Wednesday player/manager/high profile fan publicly saying what many fans have been saying for a while.

It's not new news, but I have no objection to the comments being know, as it in some ways gets to part of the fan base that still live in a world where we don't ask questions; rock the boat; nothing to see hear mentality. These are limited in number but still vocal and potentially influencial.

When you stand back, there almost nothing that DC is doing in his sole ownership, and running of the club that is a positive - I can't think of anything; maybe BB's new contract.

In a democracy the majority should get their way - I imagine the vast majority of fans now think it's time for change.

Are they limited in number though? how many are going to keep unconditionally paying into the Club? .....

6 minutes ago, briggowl said:

Great word, I'm gonna start using whataboutery!!!

You can use it quite a bit with Wednesday fans

Just wait for any thread where a pundit, journalist, ex-player, ex-manager, presenter etc has said something about Wednesday

What you then get is usually post after post of people ignoring anything they said about the club or how accurate it might be, and then try to deliberately derail the thread by trying to find anything (literally anything) to attack the person who said it

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

You can use it quite a bit with Wednesday fans

Just wait for any thread where a pundit, journalist, ex-player, ex-manager, presenter etc has said something about Wednesday

What you then get is usually post after post of people ignoring anything they said about the club or how accurate it might be, and then try to deliberately derail the thread by trying to find anything (literally anything) to attack the person who said it

As you beautifully articulate, 'Irrelevant whataboutery'. Love it

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Animis said:

I was thinking how the crowd numbers will fair up if we do get relegated.

Will it be another 2003-05 & 2010-12 with 20k plus sticking with the club, or will it fall off a cliff like the mid-70s?

If ST holders delay or stop buying tickets and wait and see, his POTD prices will have to be significantly reduced. I can't anyone paying £40 to watch L1 football.

At least we wont have to worry about Social distancing next season.

On the subject of crowds whenever we get back,  I can see a large drop in them whatever league we are in. Due to the crap we are in and people will have got used to not going as have been mentioned in previous threads. Chansiri is going have the shock of his life if he ever turns up to another match. A low crowd but a crowd that will give him so much abuse. Having said that I don’t think we will see him again he’s clearly fell out with his project. 

56 minutes ago, Glenn59 said:

What he says is spot on. Neil knows me and what I do for a living.

For a few years the club across town have been one of my clients. And I'll say they are light years ahead of us in terms of off the pitch activities, fan liason etc. They have bought into the community and built up a very good reputation in that way. They have a lot of events that are not football related but linked to charities etc and have put on some great events. 

Match day the fans are made welcome, they have a fan area for families to take kids to before the match, kids first games they take the families on a mini tour before the match, pics in the dugout etc. Not massive things but a great way of winning people over and getting them onboard.

I don't think we do anything at all that makes fans, or customers, feel welcome.

That is the tip of the iceberg and it saddens me that we simply treat people as someone to walk up, pay their money, then go home.

When I've done work for them they have been a superb set up to work for, and yes they know who I support but there are a number of Owls fans working there full time, and yes we have some banter but they are good to deal with, pay their bills on time etc. I was asked to do a half days work at S6 and they thought a couple of tickets for the kop would do as payment. Job nevcer happened. Another mate of mine did some work and it took nearly a year to get paid!

Sadly we are a million miles behind them and seemingly doing nothing to correct this

Why is it like this though? It's not a new problem either, it's been that way for ages. In this city I'd say there are 30,000 ish supporters for each club and another 5 to 10,000 who could go either way. Despite our amazing history and loyal fan base, we could lose so many fans for a long time to come.

8 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Gave up his job as MD of Chesterfield to be part of a consortium that was trying to buy Wednesday IIRC.
Think Chris Turner is a genuine Wednesdayite.

Remember him coming down to a London Owls end of season party in the late 1970's. There's no doubt that he is an absolute Wednesday fan.

• Like 2