Chris Turner blasts Chansiri and his running of the club

57 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

How many more prominent ex players and Wednesday fans have to speak out against Chansiri for the WHOLE fanbase to realise this man is ruining us?

I have that now as David Hirst, Chris Waddle, Carlton Palmer, Chris Turner, Michael Vaughan. Even chuffin David Garrido from Sky Sports has packed it in.

S'alright mate, they've all got an "agenda"

Someone will be along with a categorical bullet point list about why those people are bitter and are attacking the club out of personal vendetta rather than a genuine love 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Protesting yes, but I don't see how boycotting the club helps, financially it will hurt the club not DC (he will have a sizeable nest egg tucked away).  

To anyone reading this - have a look at this statement "financially it will hurt the club not DC"

Challenge that statement and you'll find it immediately unravels the second you say 'Eh?? No it won't?'

That statement is an outright LIE

Just thought I'd clarify this point as it's important not to believe lies

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

will a collapse in revenue break DC?

Will he final do the right thing and pass the job onto a more competent and willing party. 

Will he take a loss on his investment or will he and the fans be subject to a death of a thousand cuts?

Just now, Animis said:

will a collapse in revenue break DC?

Will he final do the right thing and pass the job onto a more competent and willing party. 

Will he take a loss on his investment or will he and the fans be subject to a death of a thousand cuts?

"We don't pay for anything"

I'd love to see us as a fanbase make him put his money where his mouth is on that one, just to see who comes crawling back first

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boomshaketheroom said:

The problem I have with us as fans is we won't protest, we won't boycott going to games. We just bend over and take it.

I’m not going to lie. I’m not into protesting and shouting ‘Chansiri out’ for the 90 mins of a game. 
I also don’t really think I’m going to boycott games. Football is thing I do with my 80 year old dad so unless he wants to stop I’m going to be at matches once we can be. I also think it doesn’t usually make a difference and in the case of Chansiri definitely won’t because he’ll be in Thailand ignoring it all!
Im not sure that is the same as ‘bending over and taking it’ though. I’m still cheesed off with how things are being run and would happily partake in anything that I thought would actually make a difference. 
No doubt I will be perceived as part of the problem!

agree with what he says . but didnt you manage our club and was a part of our downfall? and what part did you play taking chesterfield from a top half league 1 team to heading at the time to national league north?

Edited by morganowl

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

I’m not going to lie. I’m not into protesting and shouting ‘Chansiri out’ for the 90 mins of a game. 
I also don’t really think I’m going to boycott games. Football is thing I do with my 80 year old dad so unless he wants to stop I’m going to be at matches once we can be. I also think it doesn’t usually make a difference and in the case of Chansiri definitely won’t because he’ll be in Thailand ignoring it all!
Im not sure that is the same as ‘bending over and taking it’ though. I’m still cheesed off with how things are being run and would happily partake in anything that I thought would actually make a difference. 
No doubt I will be perceived as part of the problem!

Fair enough.

I'm just at a place where I hardly even follow us anymore. Just doesnt feel like the club I grew up supporting and I'm at a loss to how I can effect/change anything.

5 minutes ago, Glenn59 said:

Match day the fans are made welcome, they have a fan area for families to take kids to before the match, kids first games they take the families on a mini tour before the match, pics in the dugout etc. Not massive things but a great way of winning people over and getting them onboard.

Agree with everything you said apart from that bit. 

To me those are massive things. As a fan who wants to be bringing his kids up to support this club it's far more important to me than seeing the team win all the time.

I don't want to sound tacky but do any of us go week in week out to see us play great football and win? I highly doubt it cos if you did you'd have stopped going 20 years ago and would have never returned. 

We go cos we love a sense of belonging, being part of the club's DNA and sharing the love and pain with others with the same passion as us. This club is great because of the fans, not because of the team. Arsenal, Brighton, Wembley...I don't remember the football, I remember my heart pounding and the hairs standing up on my neck because of the atmosphere created by thousands around me. 

Our connection, the way our loyalty is repaid etc is the most important thing to me.

Mr Chansiri when will you ever see this? I doubt you will. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

To anyone reading this - have a look at this statement "financially it will hurt the club not DC"

Challenge that statement and you'll find it immediately unravels the second you say 'Eh?? No it won't?'

That statement is an outright LIE

Just thought I'd clarify this point as it's important not to believe lies

The day when DC walks away from the club he will still be a very rich man, I would rather that Wednesday were on a solid financial footing on that day and not fighting for its very survival.

Would this prove a point to the Chairman if a fan (or fans) didn’t appreciate the way the club is being managed ? 

Does anyone want merchandise with his surname on it ? 

Would the club even notice a difference in sales if some people actively stopped buying club merchandise ?

Will this be labelled a futile idea ?

Just now, boomshaketheroom said:

Fair enough.

I'm just at a place where I hardly even follow us anymore. Just doesnt feel like the club I grew up supporting and I'm at a loss to how I can effect/change anything.

Also fair enough. 

I honestly think there probably is a way of making DC either manage the club better or leave. 
Obviously the challenge of how to do this is different in 2021 with an international owner than at any time in the past. 

I don’t know what the answer is but I suspect old school protests as good as they are in certain circumstances probably won’t work this time around. 

8 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

"We don't pay for anything"

I'd love to see us as a fanbase make him put his money where his mouth is on that one, just to see who comes crawling back first

It wouldn't be him. I get the feeling he'd rather see us rot than admit that he was wrong, even if it affects him financially.

He comes across strongly as someone that would cut their nose off to spite their face

Edited by markg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1