Chris Turner blasts Chansiri and his running of the club

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Chris Turner's credentials as a Wednesday player, manager and fan aren't in any doubt whatsoever

Don't let a post designed to derail the thread onto that topic actually derail the thread onto that topic

Well, I'd say his credentials as a manager are in doubt.

I had to watch his efforts as a manager.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Not just one generation of fans Chansiri has alienated though is it.

It's kids who's parents won't be ripped off being served up rubbish.

It's youngsters who can't afford it.

It's folks who want to see more than 1 goal a game.

It's folks who want us to be competitive.

It's older folks who who have had season tickets for 50 years.

It's folks who won't be able to park anywhere who won't / can't walk any distance.

It's folks who don't think S6 is the place to watch football if there is an opportunity to do so.

It's folks who think we are a laughing stock and would rather do something else.

Players want to leave and managers don't want to come.

He couldn't have done a better  job of trashing this football club  if that was the plan all along and he knew what he was doing.....

We will do well to have 9000 in the ground when fans are allowed in.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, poite said:

Agree with everything you said apart from that bit. 

To me those are massive things. As a fan who wants to be bringing his kids up to support this club it's far more important to me than seeing the team win all the time.

I don't want to sound tacky but do any of us go week in week out to see us play great football and win? I highly doubt it cos if you did you'd have stopped going 20 years ago and would have never returned. 

We go cos we love a sense of belonging, being part of the club's DNA and sharing the love and pain with others with the same passion as us. This club is great because of the fans, not because of the team. Arsenal, Brighton, Wembley...I don't remember the football, I remember my heart pounding and the hairs standing up on my neck because of the atmosphere created by thousands around me. 

Our connection, the way our loyalty is repaid etc is the most important thing to me.

Mr Chansiri when will you ever see this? I doubt you will. 

Thats the same for me, my little girl wanted to start coming to the games during that second half of the season when Jos was in charge, it was something we carried on doing right until we got hammered off Blackburn, obviously the pandemic and restrictions kicked in not long after.

But she would be buzzing to go to the games, got her the home and away tops, couple of t shirts and even Wednesday bedding. She really got the bug and I remember early days she would love the crowd, chanting and singing, but unfortunately I can see her enthusiasm is slowly wearing off, now she'll ask me how we are getting on during games but not particularly bothered about watching.

• Like 2

We have no plan, no infrastructure, inadequate training facilities, a poor youth set up, disastrous ticket prices, shambolic merchandising, awful PR, bad publicity, a rag tag playing squad, no manager, a ground that's falling to bits, parasitic advisors, poor catering/match day experience, no alternative revenue streams, a badly maintained pitch, embargoes and points deductions etc etc etc.

I'm struggling to put my finger on where we are going wrong though!!!!

:ghoulguy:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, boomshaketheroom said:

The problem I have with us as fans is we won't protest, we won't boycott going to games. We just bend over and take it.

The apathy of our fan base is legendary

However I fail to see how almost anything we do will affect our present owner several thousand miles away, The only thing that might affect him is family name embarrassment. I suspect he's had a few a clips round the ear from his father - we need his elder brother round he'd prob sort this by actually employing experienced football consultants to take SWFC to an exit position and cut their losses. - It wont happen. 

With no visible source, the eyewatering amounts of money wasted must be hurting as it would anyone. I see no out for him (or us) at all, with his total control ethos we are simply circling the plughole until the inevitable 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

We have no plan, no infrastructure, inadequate training facilities, a poor youth set up, disastrous ticket prices, shambolic merchandising, awful PR, bad publicity, a rag tag playing squad, no manager, a ground that's falling to bits, parasitic advisors, poor catering/match day experience, no alternative revenue streams, a badly maintained pitch, embargoes and points deductions etc etc etc.

I'm struggling to put my finger on where we are going wrong though!!!!

:ghoulguy:

sadly true it's shambolic 

20 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Wouldn't it be better to move on to the next stage instead of just adding more of the same?  The level of criticism seems to be at its maximum. 

Right - serious point time

If things continue or don't get better there will be many many many more threads and posts about the running of the club

They will probably increase in criticism and even ferocity

If you don't like this, can't handle it or don't understand why it's happening,  please - stick to the official website - www.swfc.co.uk

On the flip side maybe Chansiri will make a change, alter his running of the club, make everything ok again - in which case we can and will all go back to discussing the football and not having to even think about any off pitch dilemmas

Also - if you're not wanting to read threads about criticism of Chansiri or the way the club is run - don't click on thread titles saying someone's criticised Chansiri's running of the club

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

You can’t say fans are apathetic, yet admit nothing can be done anyway. Bit of a contradiction no? 

IMO we are as a generality  over the time I've been going we as a fanbase have stood silent through shocking declines.

BUT in the present total ownership it's different than before  I feel it will be difficult to affect anything even if we had a voice 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Right - serious point time

If things continue or don't get better there will be many many many more threads and posts about the running of the club

They will probably increase in criticism and even ferocity

If you don't like this, can't handle it or don't understand why it's happening,  please - stick to the official website - www.swfc.co.uk

On the flip side maybe Chansiri will make a change, alter his running of the club, make everything ok again - in which case we can and will all go back to discussing the football and not having to even think about any off pitch dilemmas

Wouldn't it be better to find ways of forcing him out instead of going over old ground, whilst Rome burns?

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Wouldn't it be better to find ways of forcing him out instead of going over old ground, whilst Rome burns?

In all seriousness what would you suggest ?

What do you mean move to the next stage? Please don't say we'll buy him out 

• Like 3

Just now, steelowl said:

Protests in and out of the ground (civilised ones) get MP's to raise the matter, need to publicise the issues to a wider audience often get the impression that no one outside of the fanbase appreciates the fans displeasure.

It might get him to listen to offers for the club more eagerly, if we carry on as we are fans will vote with their feet which surely no one  wants, it needs bring to a climax sooner rather than later. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, steelowl said:

We could publicly blaspheme the current king of Thailand, who is actually a complete nutter.

Has anyone tried this? Signage, chants, the lot. It might force DC's hand. haha

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

It is a fact that at many clubs there'd be full on protests. 

Not at the moment 

Protests are usually organised around attended games.......happened during the Allen era.undwr the south after sturrocks sacking and more recently when Uncle Howard gave us a talking to about Teales Bentley

So protests have happened in the past 

The circumstances prevent that at the moment