Chris Turner blasts Chansiri and his running of the club

34 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Bah Humbug ! We all understand the synopsis of the problems, how about someone offering a solution ? 

The only way to do it is hit them in the pocket. Don’t go to the matches don’t buy merchandise. Yes I know that will never happen but while people still pay money to him chansiri will let them. If you want to bring it to public attention when crowds are allowed don’t go when sky see there’s only a couple of thousands in the ground they will start asking questions. Then it’s in the public domain. Again I know it will not happen. 

3 hours ago, markg said:

It wouldn't be him. I get the feeling he'd rather see us rot than admit that he was wrong, even if it affects him financially.

He comes across strongly as someone that would cut their nose off to spite their face

See, I think the complete opposite of him.

I think his bite is worse than his bark, I seriously don't think he has the minerals to front up.

See the little press conferences addressing every little wrong someone does to him. He's far too desperate to appear as ruthless

1 minute ago, Howards back said:

The only way to do it is hit them in the pocket. Don’t go to the matches don’t buy merchandise. Yes I know that will never happen but while people still pay money to him chansiri will let them. If you want to bring it to public attention when crowds are allowed don’t go when sky see there’s only a couple of thousands in the ground they will start asking questions. Then it’s in the public domain. Again I know it will not happen. 

I agree boycotting the matches and putting any more money into his pockets would be the best way to show them fans are serious with their concerns. The big problem is though, it could mean the club not existing. It feels like we're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

4 hours ago, Rogers said:

Slowly but surely, the pressure will start to build 

"No one would have believed, in the early years of the 21st century, that football affairs were being watched from the timeless worlds of tuna.

No one-could have dreamed that we were being scrutinised, as someone with a microscope studied creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water.

Few men even considered the possibility of life without Sheffield Wednesday.

And yet across the Asian continent, minds far less superior to ours regarded Wednesday with envious eyes, and slowly and surely, they drew their plans against us.

The Chansiri's came and made a right fish pie out of it.

• Haha 2

The title should have read, 'Chris Turner blasts Chansiri and his running of the club into the ground.

TBF I think DC has tried to do his best and has without doubt poured a fortune in to the running of the club. I do find it very difficult, however, to think of any good decisions he's made over the last 2-3 years. Well maybe sacking Pulis was one.

The points CT makes are IMO very valid.

2 minutes ago, TINGLE75 said:

I agree boycotting the matches and putting any more money into his pockets would be the best way to show them fans are serious with their concerns. The big problem is though, it could mean the club not existing. It feels like we're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

The man has lost millions but surely even he would rather get a couple of million back for a quick sale rather than allow the club to wind up ? He could have payments based on future success etc etc. There are ways for him to repair some of the damage to his bank balance, and keep face. The way he’s going at the moment he is becoming a laughing stock - and he won’t like that.

1 hour ago, soldierboyblue said:

I agree with some sort of protest at games when we are allowed back in - but why criticise somone's culture? Totally out of order 

Well, we might need to employ some "out of the box" thinking, but I also wasn't exactly serious with the suggestion either... with that said, I'm sure many more in Thailand would publicly criticise their king if doing so didn't come with prison time. In contrast, if a successful British businessman (e.g. Geoff Sheard) bought a sports team in Thailand, and the team's fans decided to make fun of the queen, I wouldn't give a tosss. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For me, Paixao is the main problem here.

Chansiri knows nothing about football, and I mean really nothing.

He's on record as saying that he knew less than his eight-year-old son when he arrived here.

That probably wasn't the wisest admission to make in this cutthroat business.

Chansiri has been incredibly generous, and not even his fiercest critic can deny that.

The problem is the people who've advised him how to spend it.

As Peterborough's chairman remarked "They want shooting".

What I don't understand is why Chansiri persists with Paixao.

Neil says he's more than an adviser, and I think he's right.

It seems incredible that he would persist with a man whose advice had been so poor.

Even now he could turn this failure into a success if only he'd change things.

I don't understand why he doesn't.

Unless he can't.

3 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

For me, Paixao is the main problem here.

Chansiri knows nothing about football, and I mean really nothing.

He's on record as saying that he knew less than his eight-year-old son when he arrived here. 

Hang on hang on...

He since said (very clearly) he knew as much as anyone else in football about football at the last fans forum

He also said he knew more than the fans who were criticising him, and knew more about football than anyone in the room

He also mocked the Sheffield United squad and got a standing ovation for it from the sycophants in the room

That Sheffield United squad got promoted to the Premier League that season

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Not at the moment 

Protests are usually organised around attended games.......happened during the Allen era.undwr the south after sturrocks sacking and more recently when Uncle Howard gave us a talking to about Teales Bentley

So protests have happened in the past 

The circumstances prevent that at the moment

indeed yes Andy but It took going to the court steps of extinction to make some get 'angry mad'

Anyway the fact remains, until he's minded to take a 'haircut' in this case a skin head level cut I can't see a way out, the amount he wanted for the Club a year ago and now with the ground complication, it's going to take another madman to pay it 

I want him to leave but I don't want the guy humiliated, he tried, dismally after the first year but he tried, that one goal at Wembley has turned into a chasm of quality now. The turning point will be when he's run out of cash or he's decided we've sunk so low he can't get his cash back, time to cut and run; at that point we'll know if there's a club left to resurrect 

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Hang on hang on...

He since said (very clearly) he knew as much as anyone else in football about football at the last fans forum

He also said he knew more than the fans who were criticising him, and knew more about football than anyone in the room

He also mocked the Sheffield United squad and got a standing ovation for it from the sycophants in the room

That Sheffield United squad got promoted to the Premier League that season

True, but the point I was making is that his initial admission may well have attracted agents keen to capitalize on his ignorance.

When all is said and done, the vast majority of the big spending occurred in the first couple of seasons when he knew less than now.

I don't think United had better players than us, but they fitted together better than ours did.

That's because Wilder picked his players, and Paixao picked ours.

Paixao couldn't possibly have had the knowledge of the lower leagues that Wilder (and Cook) do.

But I just don't understand why he continues with Paixao and this system.

Bruce said that he is "part of the fabric of the club".

Why, when nobody else bar Chansiri is?

It's absolutely incredible that a chairman can spend the best part of a quarter of a billion pounds, and be where we are now.

And the person/people who've advised him how to spend it are still in a job.

I've never known anything like it.

Paxo.png

• Love 1

2 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

As is your right - but that's a bit laughable to be honest protest away against the man and his running of the club but not respecting a country's national anthem says more about you than it does about the protest 

indeed, what if Leicester owners wanted to buy us in the future?

Edited by modboy
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, steelowl said:

indeed yes Andy but It took going to the court steps of extinction to make some get 'angry mad'

Anyway the fact remains, until he's minded to take a 'haircut' in this case a skin head level cut I can't see a way out, the amount he wanted for the Club a year ago and now with the ground complication, it's going to take another madman to pay it 

I want him to leave but I don't want the guy humiliated, he tried, dismally after the first year but he tried, that one goal at Wembley has turned into a chasm of quality now. The turning point will be when he's run out of cash or he's decided we've sunk so low he can't get his cash back, time to cut and run; at that point we'll know if there's a club left to resurrect 

But why not just change the system and then none of that needs to happen?

Sack Paxo and the other advisers, get Cook and a director of football in, and whatever division we're in next season we'll rise again pronto.

Which takes me back to my point, namely, what is Paxo's true position at the club?

He's seen everybody else out, and it's unlikely he'll want anything changing.

3 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

But why not just change the system and then none of that needs to happen?

Sack Paxo and the other advisers, get Cook and a director of football in, and whatever division we're in next season we'll rise again pronto.

Which takes me back to my point, namely, what is Paxo's true position at the club?

He's seen everybody else out, and it's unlikely he'll want anything changing.

that's a question for DC,  I happen to believe he can't,  I think he's an untouchable partner of some sort, we'll probably never know 

1 hour ago, steelowl said:

We were not "On the brink" when Sturrock was sacked mate

58 minutes ago, steelowl said:

that's a question for DC,  I happen to believe he can't,  I think he's an untouchable partner of some sort, we'll probably never know 

It certainly is a question for Chansiri, and it's one the local journalists need to be posing.

The fans have made a substantial investment in this club, and they have a right to know the situation.

Just now, asteener1867 said:

We were not "On the brink" when Sturrock was sacked mate

tbh cant remember what those protest were 15 years ago Andy - can't remember what I had for breakfast mate 

just read this though - dark times then and now -nothing changes 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/southyorkshire/content/articles/2006/10/19/paul_sturrock_sacked.shtml

"Well it's been a difficult decision but you've seen our position in the league and you've seen the statement we've put out," said Allen.

Allen stressed that he's dipped into his own pocket to fund improvements to the squad, the businessman said he had not seen a return on his investment.

"This year we made more funds available and we agreed the target should be mid-table," said Allen.

"Paul agreed with that and unfortunately that hasn't been the case. Quite frankly, it's just not good enough so we have to change."

Fans have criticised Allen for sacking Sturrock just five weeks after renewing his contract, but the chairman claims that assurances about Sturrock's future were exaggerated by the media.

"I never said that, you the press said that. What I said was that there was never any doubt about Paul Sturrock's contract, that it would be renewed," said Allen.

Meanwhile the sacked manager, whose squad had been dogged by injury problems, said he had been confident of turning the Owls season around.