Chris Turner blasts Chansiri and his running of the club

2 hours ago, Howards back said:

The only way to do it is hit them in the pocket. Don’t go to the matches don’t buy merchandise. Yes I know that will never happen but while people still pay money to him chansiri will let them. If you want to bring it to public attention when crowds are allowed don’t go when sky see there’s only a couple of thousands in the ground they will start asking questions. Then it’s in the public domain. Again I know it will not happen. 

Most support the name 'Sheffield Wednesday' and don't give a fooook who the chairman is...they come and go like managers/players

That's why 'fans' will continue to go, even if foookin Diane Abbot took over.

And rightly so..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Most support the name 'Sheffield Wednesday' and don't give a fooook who the chairman is...they come and go like managers/players

And rightly so..

None of the previous chairmen held the power DC has....The others may have "Come and gone"...The point is whats "Going" with the present incumbent

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

And rightly so..

THIS

• Beer in pub
  • Match
  • First half
  • Pie and pint at half time
  • Second half
  • Beer in pub

Fans should never have to see, hear, read or learn of anything in the boardroom or what the chairman is doing

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

THIS

• Beer in pub
  • Match
  • First half
  • Second half
  • Beer in pub

Fans should never have to see, hear, read or learn of anything in the boardroom or what the chairman is doing

shocking omission of a Beres  and heartburn medication during 2nd half 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

THIS

• Beer in pub
  • Match
  • First half
  • Second half
  • Beer in pub

Exactly....I don't even know what his name is...unless the North is empty...or the advertisin' on the "Telly" isn't on....Or if I turn around on the Kop....

or..............

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

tbh cant remember what those protest were 15 years ago Andy - can't remember what I had for breakfast mate 

just read this though - dark times then and now -nothing changes 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/southyorkshire/content/articles/2006/10/19/paul_sturrock_sacked.shtml

"Well it's been a difficult decision but you've seen our position in the league and you've seen the statement we've put out," said Allen.

Allen stressed that he's dipped into his own pocket to fund improvements to the squad, the businessman said he had not seen a return on his investment.

"This year we made more funds available and we agreed the target should be mid-table," said Allen.

"Paul agreed with that and unfortunately that hasn't been the case. Quite frankly, it's just not good enough so we have to change."

Fans have criticised Allen for sacking Sturrock just five weeks after renewing his contract, but the chairman claims that assurances about Sturrock's future were exaggerated by the media.

"I never said that, you the press said that. What I said was that there was never any doubt about Paul Sturrock's contract, that it would be renewed," said Allen.

Meanwhile the sacked manager, whose squad had been dogged by injury problems, said he had been confident of turning the Owls season around.

Alan put around £2.5 million into the club, if memory serves me correctly.

Chansiri has put 100x that in.

Relegation to the Third in those days, and even under Mandy, would have been understandable.

We're talking about an investment of at least a quarter of a billion pounds - just think about that - a quarter of a billion, and we look like going down again.

To put that into some sort of perspective, Sheffield City Council's spending for this year will be about half that figure.

It's a total and utter outrage.

Just now, asteener1867 said:

Exactly....I don't even know what his name is...unless the North is empty...or the advertisin' on the "Telly" isn't on....Or if I turn around on the Kop....

or..............

i'm old enough to remember when I didn't even realise what the manger did or cared , certainly never concerned with the board  members, the only visible person pre substitutes and outside the squad was the guy with the bucket and wet sponge 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Alan put around £2.5 million into the club, if memory serves me correctly.

Chansiri has put 100x that in.

Relegation to the Third in those days, and even under Mandy, would have been understandable.

We're talking about an investment of at least a quarter of a billion pounds - just think about that - a quarter of a billion, and we look like going down again.

To put that into some sort of perspective, Sheffield City Council's spending for this year will be about half that figure.

It's a total and utter outrage.

no arguing with your conclusion mate

however I challenge the figure he's wasted that seems to fluctuate by 100m depending on who you talk to 

3 minutes ago, steelowl said:

i'm old enough to remember when I didn't even realise what the manger did or cared , certainly never concerned with the board  members, the only visible person pre substitutes and outside the squad was the guy with the bucket and wet sponge 

Me too mate..I used to watch the game and was only distracted by the bloke who hung the scores on the pegs on the North and South...If he was tossin' his flat cap in the air as he walked towards them...The Blades were losing...

• Haha 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Our chairman said very clearly that if the fans wanted him to leave Sheffield Wednesday then he'd leave

I wonder what percentage of fans actually want him out ? And how would that be realyed 

then of course given that many would, how does that happen that ?

With news that fans will be allowed back into stadia with no restrictions from the beginning of next season, let's organise a HUGE protest about the state of our club.

Pack the stadium, banners, balloons.  What we thinking to send our message to Chansiri?

Enough is enough.  We need change and improvements.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

I wonder what percentage of fans actually want him out ? And how would that be realyed 

then of course given that many would, how does that happen that ?

He could ask season ticket holders to vote..If he was serious...Can't be hard..He had the survey a couple of years back and ignored it..So he could have this one...and ignore it

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

THIS

• Beer in pub
  • Match
  • First half
  • Second half
  • Beer in pub

Absolutely. If the club was run properly we wouldn’t have to know everything. Things wouldn’t be scrutinised and fans would spend most of their time moaning about missed chances or a refereeing decision.

The fact the main topic of debate at SWFC is the chairman suggests he’s doing things completely wrong. 

Where do you go with mitigation with Mr Chansiri..how far do you go, and how far do you think he will go?

It seems to me now that the line is drawn in the sand.

While Wednesday fans have given appreciation about the amount of money he has ploughed into the club, Chansiri doesn't seem to appreciate the demographic of a lot of Owls fans...With the pricing, or the calling them "Customers"

Is this going to simply descend into vitriol, recrimination and the inevitable abuse..?

Or can anyone see a way of dragging it back?

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Where do you go with mitigation with Mr Chansiri..how far do you go, and how far do you think he will go?

It seems to me now that the line is drawn in the sand.

While Wednesday fans have given appreciation about the amount of money he has ploughed into the club, Chansiri doesn't seem to appreciate the demographic of a lot of Owls fans...With the pricing, or the calling them "Customers"

Is this going to simply descend into vitriol, recrimination and the inevitable abuse..?

Or can anyone see a way of dragging it back?

The thing is, I respect Chansiri's generosity and I genuinely don't think he wanted this to happen.

The people we had here before were very good at talking, but put nowt in.

I think he took people on trust and they had him round the corner.

I don't like the prices, but I understand the turnover/P&S business situation.

I'd accept Chansiri staying if he changes things.

It's why he doesn't do that which frustrates me.

If he ousted Paixao - who IMO is central to our failure - and brought Cook in, plus a DOF, then the only way would be up.

Even if we're relegated, in a strange way we'd actually be in a better place than now because even if we cheat the drop it'll be the same situation next season unless there's change.