Would it be 10 or 15,000

Current attendance at home games, if crowds were let back in?

Would fans be vocal and show their disappointment in our team, owner and current structure?

I know at the moment, the club have no income through gate attendance, but then things are just rolling on with no vocal input from fans at the games.....

What do you reckon?

If Covid hadn't existed, I think we'd be down at the 19k mark by now.

Post Covid, I just don't believe there is such a pent up demand to return that it will cause an increase in attendance, ergo, knock several thousand off.  

Post Covid, possibly in League One with the highest ticket prices outside the PL, with a squad of freebies, doesn't bear thinking about.  

• Like 5

Guest hirstysfags

I'd keep going because of the people that sit around me that I talk to. 

However, I couldn't say how long I'd last each match.

ATM given a choice of getting this year's ST money back or re-investing, I'd get the rebate. I'm very much at the point of not really caring TBH. Of course things can change quickly, 18 months ago we played Barnsley at home, beat them comfortably and they were one of the worst sides in the division. Look at the progress they've made this season.

Unfortunately under this owner I can't see any way forward.

• Like 1

The last few matches i was at Hillsborough its fair to say the attendance at the 60 minute mark was about 30% of what it was at kick off.

I think it would be a lot more toxic if folk were at games

Let's be fair, watching us this season I feel cheated out of a tenner for  ifollow, and don't even pay that now. 

There won't be a great demand for tickets, even with the novelty of being allowed to go back to games. Two seasons of absence, dogshit football and incompetence isn't going to encourage Chansiri's 'customers' to watch his product.

I'd guess 10-12k and Chansiri would be lucky to attract that. I would like to see zero attendance however, for just the first game to get the message across. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Under 20,000 I reckon for most games. The POTG numbers would be almost zero.

It'll be like it was around 15 - 20 years ago with only the diehards that are always there being left. 

I think even some of the diehards have had enough, the owner is beating every shred of interest out of fans.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

ATM given a choice of getting this year's ST money back or re-investing, I'd get the rebate. I'm very much at the point of not really caring TBH. Of course things can change quickly, 18 months ago we played Barnsley at home, beat them comfortably and they were one of the worst sides in the division. Look at the progress they've made this season.

Unfortunately under this owner I can't see any way forward.

Barnsley change their Coach every season.

• Like 1

If in league 1 as looks increasingly likely I think you’re looking at around the 10,000 mark. 
I don’t believe many people are going to be willing to stump up big sums for season tickets anymore after the refund slow timing. Let’s face it too the Chansiri ere has killed off interest in pay on the day attendance.
Whichever league we play in next season a major rethink on ticket pricing is going to be needed to tempt people back. Many of us are quickly getting out of the habit of turning out in all weathers only to be disappointed by the experience.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Blatter said:

If in league 1 as looks increasingly likely I think you’re looking at around the 10,000 mark. 
I don’t believe many people are going to be willing to stump up big sums for season tickets anymore after the refund slow timing. Let’s face it too the Chansiri ere has killed off interest in pay on the day attendance.
Whichever league we play in next season a major rethink on ticket pricing is going to be needed to tempt people back. Many of us are quickly getting out of the habit of turning out in all weathers only to be disappointed by the experience.

Only a great run of form will bring fans back, the non refunding of ST’s will leave a very bitter taste for some and they’ll be reluctant to return.

• Like 2

Actual attendances are nowhere near the ones given out over the past few seasons. Been going for 60 years and can tell when there are 14/15000 in the ground rather than 22/23000 shown. Think if we didn't include the non attenders with season tickets we'd be getting 15/16000 at present. Still when you've watched them in front of 8/9000 in the early 70's it's not too bad.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, mkowl said:

The last few matches i was at Hillsborough its fair to say the attendance at the 60 minute mark was about 30% of what it was at kick off.

I think it would be a lot more toxic if folk were at games

Without a doubt we have a better chance of staying up whilst crowds aren’t there. 

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, Django said:

I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised to see 12-15k in league 1 next season 

If we were at the top it would be 25 plus.