The state of our pitch?

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

The lamps have 100% been used on it

People have reported seeing them on every night as they've passed the ground or seen the ground from walkley at night

I work shifts fairly close to the ground and the lamps are always on when I go past in the darkness.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Can someone explain how undersoil heating or lack of it would contribute to the state of turf? I’ve always thought it was only used to prevent games being called off due to freezing.

I think someone also mentioned issues with the drainage.

The heating would create more water which is probably not draining away as it should....

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

For those fans who have managed to watch our recent home games on I-Follow - how do you think our pitch is doing?

Not great IMO but better than some I've seen. Frequency of matches, lack of money, sh*te weather. They all don't help. 

I mean it's not like we're playing super silky football anyway although we do seem to be playing the ball on the deck a lot more since pulisball was erased from memory. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

There were people on Twitter saying the under soil heating is broken and we’re not repairing it, but they also said we can’t afford to use the lights which, as pointed out, is untrue.

Somebody also said that the river that runs alongside the ground was high and at one point the flooding was a distinct possibility so i'm guessing the water table is high meaning even with the drainage the water on the pitch isnt draining away that well.

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

yeah someone tried that one with me on Twitter

"chansiri won't turn the heat lamps on. Costcutting"

So I just tweeted out from the Owlstalk twitter asking "is this true?"

Immediately I had fan after fan tweeting me that they'd seen the lamps on last night, or that they'd seen them on as they walk past the ground at night, or that they'd spotted the lights on from Walkley the other night

Id love to know why people just make stuff up like that bloke did who said they weren't on because of cost cutting

If it wasnt him just outright lying he must have heard it from someone who lied, or they'd heard it from someone who just totally made it up and lied

Shame we can't trace stuff like that back so we can ask the liars why they lied

Any opportuinity to have a dig at DC?

Guest Willow Owl

Looks worn, But most pitches this year look worse for wear. Groundsmen didn’t have the time to prepare the pitch’s correctly due to Covid and quick season restart. If the drainage and under soil heating rumours were true then surely we’d have had games cancelled, after all the recent bad weather. 

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

Can someone explain how undersoil heating or lack of it would contribute to the state of turf? I’ve always thought it was only used to prevent games being called off due to freezing.

This.

The pitch looked quite soft against Wycombe, if the under soil heating wasn’t working I would have thought it would have been much firmer & the match in danger of being postponed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Willow Owl said:

Looks worn, But most pitches this year look worse for wear. Groundsmen didn’t have the time to prepare the pitch’s correctly due to Covid and quick season restart. If the drainage and under soil heating rumours were true then surely we’d have had games cancelled, after all the recent bad weather. 

Might be some truth to it then

lol

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bassetts Allsorts said:

Think I read that it costs around £1,500 per day to run the undersoil heating system. 

Be surprised if it was turned off to save money, but with no crowds at the minute what's the point in having it on?  

Eh????

The undersoil heating doesn't heat the fans mate

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

The team had a few players looking tired.

t would not surprise me that undersoil heating was conveniently broken to let chaps recover properly. 

Anyone who watched us recently can not failed to have noticed one or two key players being less effective than usual. We have won through form of others coming to party. Against team like Swansea want all the good players functioning. 

With us having game on Tuesday could not put game back 24 hours.

• Like 1